Had great fun freezing my ex-employer's assets today

Have they closed the school down? Surely taping up the front door as kids are getting dropped off to school would have the most impact.

5 Likes

Maybe it was this case. Let’s move on?

4 Likes

No, i want videos of things being taped up, possession orders being served, angry woman exploding then being arrested, all with a foreigner giggling maliciously in the background.

11 Likes

It was annual leave accumulated over seven years, three years of pension contributions (because I married a Taiwanese in 2016), seven years of employment insurance premiums (around 30,000TWD plus TEN times that as a penalty). As someone else noted, check my previous topics for details.

19 Likes

Despite owning a school it’s not listed as an asset. The school’s premises are rented.

Yeah just wait til she pulls the “that’s my dad’s retirement investment and he’s 97 years old” card.

That happened to a friend of mine who was almost murdered by someone (like 20 years ago or so). Almost murderer and parents hid all their assets around other places/to relatives so they “couldn’t pay anything”. Last year the friend went asking about it in court and the assets had magically reappeared in the possession of Murderer and Family. Courts froze all their assets and demanded the pay owed (plus interest) only to receive a letter from the family lawyer saying “no one” in the family had “any” source of income so their assets were all they had and they didnt have “any way” to make “anymore” money. Thankfully the court said “too bad”, but it seems to be typical behavior here when your assets get frozen…

2 Likes

Too late to do that. And FWIW, the father’s dead.

2 Likes

I’m starting to realize just how powerful the Taiwanese family is.

3 Likes

My tormentor has also, I realized at court, tormented her own family, because the strain in their faces indicated they have completely bought her false story that I am, in her words, “the devil,” and so they have gone through hell believing their child is being unfairly persecuted. She preferred to do that to them rather than tell the truth, that she was operating her school illegally and I sent in the authorities and caught her red-handed. Pure selfishness. (Her husband, though, does know the truth, and is a truly nasty piece of work.)

One wrinkle: the land she owns in Banciao may well have belonged to my wife’s family during the Japanese colonial period, but the KMT seized it in 1945, and now my mainlander ex-boss owns a parcel of it.

8 Likes

I doubt that would make a difference from their perspective.

2 Likes

Agreed. The most basic rule of life in Taiwan is that a Taiwanese will violate every norm of civilized behavior to protect their family without experiencing a single pang of conscience. I have watched them lie to the police, lie to judges, whatever it took to save the skin of one of their own, and if I went to jail or lost everything as a result, so be it.

13 Likes

The plot thickens!

Guy

3 Likes

Waiting for the part where his grandson from the future shows up to warn him that the woman’s descendants have retaken all of the frozen assets by proving that they are descendants of a bastard son of his wife’s father to which he inherited everything in a secret will.

8 Likes

any updates, video, pictures of the owner throwing shit around on the street in a rage?

Thank you for your interest. I went silent while the paperwork was processed (needs a Taiwanese to do this, quite complicated), but it’s now in and the court will issue a letter this coming week, informing her that her assets have been frozen. Because they have a mortgage on the family home, the clerk said he will target this for public auction, and I can go with him to identify the property and tape it up. I’ll be sure to bang on the wrong doors a few times, so the neighbors know some dramatic shit is going down.

26 Likes

Bid on the house.

4 Likes

If they pay you what is owed, will the action stop? Or is out of your hands now?

1 Like

It will stop. It’s the court that freezes their assets, so they have to go to court and pay the amount due, which is then handed over to me. If they choose not to, their house gets auctioned off for less than the market value. They also have to reimburse me the cost of freezing their assets.

11 Likes

Now that’s poetic justice. :smiling_face:

5 Likes

Obviously you don’t want to share the amount owed, but is there any chance that they would let their house get auctioned off over this? The amount can’t be anywhere near the value of a house in Taipei. They are really stubborn.