Had great fun freezing my ex-employer's assets today

Will this reimbursement be taken out of the frozen assets? Or do you need to sue them again for that if they won’t pay…?

No chance that will happen, but I can imagine them not paying until we tape up their house. They are in total denial, plus they’d want to make me wait as long as possible.

10 Likes

The asset is worth many times what they owe me, so the issue would not arise.

3 Likes

That’s kinda what family is though. Even if someone in my family were a serial killer, I doubt I’d help the police catch them.

Do you know if they live there?
What if it is one of their properties and the one you tape up is being rented out?

A very large house with a big mortgage. Could be rented, but unlikely. And if it is, just as embarrassing when it gets taped up.

2 Likes

I would be the first to sell them out. Family if not a choice. They may be family doesn’t means anything.

Friends on the other hand. Never. Friends are the family you chose.

2 Likes

Yes, that comment seems rather flippant to me. Considering the two scenarios I’ve faced, one where a family lie to try and send me to jail, the other where they lie to financially ruin me, the lack of any conscience about doing that to someone because, “we’re family,” I find rather surprising/alarming. I do hope most people are not made that way. I can hear my dad’s voice ringing in my ears if I tried to solicit his help with that kind of project, “You’re on your own, son.”

12 Likes

Or: Be honest, treat other people with respect, and do the right thing.

Guy

5 Likes

That’s a perspective I understand, indeed one I used to believe myself. But not for a long time, a perspective isn’t something you can change so I wouldn’t try. Friends will come and go, the family is there for life.

1 Like

Some of you may have been following my progress as I fight off a malicious lawsuit from my ex-boss, claiming over 1 million TWD because I quit her cram school because of workplace abuse that she failed to do anything about.

Yesterday, after 2 years in the courts, judgment came and all of her claim, bar a few pennies, was thrown out. A more or less total victory. With my ex-boss’s losses to me totaling 200k, employment insurance premiums plus a 10 x fine, 30k for refusing to cooperate with Labor Department officials, court fees of around 50k, and her lawyer’s fees which must be at least 300k, potentially considerably more, she is now down about 700k (I am up about 130k.)

Will she now give up? Unlikely. But for me, living under the shadow of potential financial ruin for two years is over, and I can go forwards. There is also the pleasure of my countersuit to come, where I will be collecting on her lies and smears.

35 Likes

so has anything happened with the freezing of assets? have you actually gotten any money?

Friday tape up their house for public auction, that may concentrate their minds on paying up. Also targeting their car.

1 Like

Good luck! let us know how it goes… and include pics if possible… hehehe… this is so awesome to see a buxiban owner getting it stuck to 'em.

Maybe not posted online. No need to further poke the bear, I think. :neutral_face:

Guy

1 Like

f*** 'em! they deserve it, got it coming. just make sure to blur out any addresses or license plate numbers.

2 Likes

If you want a 10-year-old Merc with one previous owner (deeply malicious but fairly tidy)…

1 Like

the vintage ones from the 80s are more my style.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, Taiwan’s law makes it difficult to share material such as this without risk:

A person who points out or disseminates a fact which will injure the reputation of another for purpose that it be communicated to the pubic commits the offense of slander and shall be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than one year, short-term imprisonment, or a fine of not more than fifteen thousand dollars.

You have to bear in mind this is a person who has already sued me, they are certainly going to jump at any chance to report me. That’s why I’ve avoided mention of anything in these posts that would help positively identify them (without considerable effort).

8 Likes

yes, but please please give us as many details / full account of how it happens, its such a unique and satisfying story.

taping the car… awesome…

i guess they get in deep shite if they rip all the tape off…

if they actually live in the apartment, whats the deal with that, can they go home? get their stuff?

1 Like