Halal Restaurants

Found this Halal restaurant guide in case anyone is interested.

1 Like

Thanks, I know not to go to these places.

That statement won’t hold any weight, this is just a list of restaurants muslim folk can eat at. That doesn’t mean they’re related to the Islamic faith, most cereals are both halal and kosher. Does that mean you’ll stop eating them? A fully non-halal diet is hard to follow.

Onto my follow on points. I only know this because our interpreters had to have special halal/kosher MREs, which was mostly cereal, sunflower seeds, etc. It was actually tastier than what everyone else was eating. Second point, the primary beneficiary of a list like this would be … You guessed it, the largest muslim population here, poor Indonesian caretakers. (Which, might I add, are generally very kind and generous folk) Not any of us.

Now I guess I’ll put in a closing statement. No two countries are the same. Japan, Taiwan, Korea, Jordan, Afghanistan, America, they all have people who never travelled outside their country before. I’m stating this just to hit a point home, every country I listed have a different culture completely.

Why do you say that?

Both Malay and Indo food are great. Halal is sometimes a good hint that your getting some good Malay or Indo food.

There are also some Chinese halal restaurants. I know one just on the east end of Taipei stadium (Beining Rd).
Halal simply means, no pork and all animals (excluding fishes and most seafood) are slaughtered in Islamic way.
Kosher means similar to halal (but with Jewish way)… and also separation between milk and meat when preparing the food.
Nothing sinister there.
Both way of slaughtering animals are not considered very fond by PETA though.

Last, vegan means simply no meats.
Some vegans eat eggs, some don’t.
Some Indian vegans don’t eat potato, sweet potato, onion, shallots and the likes.

Chinese and halal in the same sentence don’t really make any food sound very good. It doesn’t make the food taste better or indicate a restaurant might have good food. I would just run from it.

For someone concerned with halal food, is just an option when nothing halal is available.

Do you want me to post videos of animals slaughtered the Halal or Kosher way?

I boycott it due to what I and many others perceive as animal abuse.

I don’t eat cereals either.

It is a farce anyway, I have seen videos of Palestinians beating the crap out of cattle to crowds of idiots. That would mean they should not be allowed to eat them as it would no longer be Halal.
That also helped me make up my mind that the Palestinians can go screw themselves for any sympathy, but I digress.

I don’t think mistreatment of animals is limited to one specific ethnicity, religion, or region.

From the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Australia it happens everywhere.

In my very humble opinion, it would be hypocritical to go after one group, while ignoring the actions of others.

Also, IMVHO, there is no such thing as humanely killing an animal, regardless of one’s religious or ethnic identity.

I never said mistreatment wasn’t limited.
But I would prefer a bolt gun first rather than a knife slicing a neck after some meaningless words were spoken.

If I ignore, it means I accept it. If you do nothing because others do things viewed as bad to justify something as bad what is the point?

1 Like

So how do you think they kill cows and pigs and chickens and other animals that are not halal?

It’s not really much different. They just knock cows in the head first to knock them out but even if they’re not knocked out they still just slice the neck. Pigs are the same.

I have seen the videos of both ways of killing. Halal is backwards.

Is there a good way to kill something?

1 Like

Exactly. No matter how or for what reason it is done, killing is killing.

Bears hold down their prey and eat them alive while it’s kicking and screaming. Actually, there’s a wonderful video on YouTube of the process. NSFW.

1 Like

I think you could have made your point without the link.

What’s wrong with the way they slaughter cereals?

4 Likes

The references to other animals and how they kill is pointless unless you would rather humans resort to this savage mindset (although normal in say Palestine and other places) in the so called civilized west.

‘Killing is killing’.
Well how about when we euthanize animals we just stab them to death or club them (like Canadians do to seals) instead of the ‘humane’ way? After all who cares about the animal?

To explain any further, I am running the risk of being identified as whiny liberal vegaterian. Which I am.

I have mixed feelings on euthanasia. I am not always certain it is in the animal’s best interest. How do we know? This could get drawn out all night.

I do not agree using animal products in any capacity, if it at all possible.

Yes, killing is killing. But that is not to say you cannot defend yourself from an attack, be it from a bear a lion or whatever.

But that is just me. You may think something else.

I’m all about it. Let’s get this idea rolling. You can only eat what you’re capable of killing, one man, one animal, one cage. That’s your idea, right?