Halal Restaurants

From the animal. I think it’s just a process of slaughter. Needs someone religious to say a few words as the animal is killed.

lol, are you shitting me?

I’m wondering if there is a particular processor, or if it is imported, etc.

1 Like

I wasn’t taking the piss, well perhaps a tad. All they need is a religious chap to say the right words as the animal’s throat is slit right to left. There are mullahs, or similar, here who I assume can do that.

EDIT: I just did a quick search and it appears that most halal meat is imported from non-Islamic countries believe it or not. I was wrong - I assumed it would all be domestically slaughtered.

They all come from allah.

There’s an Islamic butcher by Guting market. Maybe I’ll go ask them some time

I’d be interested to know. My guess is there’s a halal slaughterhouse somewhere in Taiwan that caters for the market.

Usually halal restaurants serve fare that is different from the usual Taiwanese stuff that can be quite tiring after living here so long. Middle Eastern, North African and Central Asian food is a real treat, including a lot of vegetarian dishes. To me, the mention of “halal” cuisine conjures up aromatic spices, exotic grains, savory veg and hearty meats. I don’t even think of religious proscriptions. Then wash it down with a beer at your local seven.

How about halal vending machines?

This one Linkou Chang Gung Memorial Hospital.

2 Likes