Han Kuo-yu (韓國瑜) - Kaohsiung's Recalled Mayor

I have no idea, I’m sorry. My mother-in-law loves him, but it seems to be because he’s the only KMT candidate (she’s a die-hard), and because she watches the two KMT tv channels with “expert panelists.”
So basically she’s brainwashed, just like thousands upon thousands of other Taiwanese. It’s bizarre to watch. He seems like an idiot. He’s clearly uneducated, unintelligent, and unfit to lead a country, let alone a city.
I do feel bad about the pressure he has, he looks exhausted. The party (and from what I gather, his mainland backers) push him pretty hard. He seems to be a figurehead.
Sooo the one good thing about him is that he works hard for photo ops for his party?

3 Likes

Hard to imagine this happening anywhere else :grin:

1 Like

My in laws are strong blue, I heard my mother in law talk about it and really her only points were she disliked Tsai, she couldn’t say anything good about Korean Fish other than she thought he was better than her, but didn’t offer any reasons why.

I dont think this is a case like Duterte where he took the most dangerous city in the Philippines (Davao) and turned it into the safest, which is why many locals supported him while the Western Media never tells that side of the story.

He’s a moron but I dislike Ko more.

Well the first meeting Korean Fish had the first day of his leave from the hard work of bein mayor of Kaohsiung was precisely with members of the oppressed tourism industry. He held an open session to listen to their woes and of course, promise that once elected riches will fall from heaven once more.

He is introduced as president Han at the rallies.

People don’t vote for what they want. They vote for who they are. Han voters just can’t identify themselves with anyone else. They see him as their man. What is he doing is irelevant.

2 Likes

Yes it all boils down to a Tribal mentality

If you mean by that Taipei Times and Taiwan News, that is not surprising, since one is green and the other deep green. Light blue China Post is sadly no more.

They just translate his statements , they don’t even translate how rough or crude they are.

For instance when he was in the Kaohsiung council offices he would simply answer questions either by saying ‘I refer you to this or that Dept mgr’ or mostly by ‘Kaohsiung facai (Kaohsiung rich development)’. That’s it.
It’s his rough attitude as much as anything else.

He also , like many of his age group in Taiwan and China, defaults to using chengyu a lot to demonstrate his ‘learning’, unfortunately I find that hard to follow.

korean

Basically this.

3 Likes

You’ve been watching the same channels, I see :smile:

I personally don’t buy he is too busy to visit the US of all places. I can’t imagine there be much more important things than to show he and the US can get along. I’m guessing US officials aren’t on the same page.

2 Likes

Yeah they are Not feeling the love for the China lover . What a surprise !
Supposedly his last visit was a joke as well.

1 Like

What is he doing playing Mahjong with Xi that night? Hes certainly not governing Kaoshiung

2 Likes

Didn’t he visit several commie cities last year? But the US are haram?
Kinda activates my almonds.

Imagine if the US sold F 35s to Taiwan and Korean Fish became President. China would hit the Jackpot in Military tech and Korean Fish would get a couple new Condos in Beijing

2 Likes

That’s why we don’t get them…too many traitors in Taiwan.

4 Likes

P_20191021_211505

Oh god…

Oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god oh god…

2 Likes

What? This is not the only item in sale with his face on it. Yep, it is most revolting, but such is the nature of deep derriere kissing.

More of a facepalm moment for me. This is as stupid as it gets IMO.

It’s like, he’s not even president. Kinmen Liquor at least waited for Tsai to ACTUALLY become president.

Is Kinmen Liquor trying to tell us something?