Han Kuo-yu (韓國瑜) - Kaohsiung's Recalled Mayor

Where’s the “solution” button? I think you found it. :rofl:

Guy

2 Likes

Throughout the recall process in Kaohsiung, how did the generational divide play out? James Chater, a contributing reporter to the Taipei Times, asks around to find out:

Guy

1 Like

Oh oh. CTi chose poorly.

1 Like

The fish was first cleaned, gutted and now will be fried

2 Likes

In another piece contributed to the Taipei Times, James Chater reports on the sense of loss expressed by participants at the Saturday protest over the recall:

Guy

The people here are like a small stone, when it is dropped into water, it creates a ripple

More like “The people here are like a small stone, when it is dropped into water, no one notices”

More like the people here are like a small stone, when it is dropped in the ocean, the current has already erased its effect.

You guys are bad—but also not far off the mark, especially if you take the time to talk to young people.

Guy

1 Like

the guy who lost to the fishman resigning as vice premier to run again as mayor, oh man. can’t DPP find sone charisma in its youth ranks

This discussion belongs over here:

Cheers,
Guy

yes, if i ever need to fall asleep fast

Hey you brought it up! Don’t put yourself to sleep. : D

Guy

beer is helping. :beers:

Not your coherence. : D

Guy

C Donovan Smith at Ketagalan Media asks: what might Han’s defiant posture after the recall vote indicate about his future?

Guy

1 Like

Reminds me of that scene in Touch of Evil.

Orson Welles: You’re a fortune teller, aren’t you? Tell me my future.

Marlene Dietrich: You haven’t got one.

C Donovan Smith, in the piece linked above, is arguing precisely the opposite.

Cheers,
Guy

1 Like

J Michael Cole, writing at globaltaiwan.org, weighs in with his analysis of the recall:

Guy

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Who will be Kaoshiung’s new Mayor?

Just in case you forgot this guy—a calendar for the upcoming year!

Guy

3 Likes