Han Kuo-yu (韓國瑜) - Kaohsiung's Recalled Mayor

If I had to choose between him and fucking Tucheng Terry, there would be no contest.

To be honest, I haven’t looked much into the guy because:

a) I don’t live in K-town
b) I can’t vote
c) I see him everywhere 24/7 and I’m starting to despise his media presence

But if his position on cross strait relations is the one he stated, why do many people claim he’ll sell Taiwan out to China? Did he ever express a different point of view?

Because if the argument is:“Well he says X but MAYBE what he really means is Y” then I’m afraid that mind-reading pundits are something I don’t pay a lot of attention to.

1 Like

Hopefully that choice won’t be necessary.

Ouch

The DPP’s ruling party has absolutely no power. Corruption is severe. There are three kinds of people who vote for the DPP. The first type of people are those who hate the Kuomintang. The second type of people are those who want Taiwanese independence. The third type of people are those who have suffered in the past and think that voting for the DPP will help them lead a better life. So the reason why DPP candidates aren’t high in the polls is because all three groups of people who vote for them are [now] disillusioned.

but, it kind of makes sense.
How did :tangerine:-man win? he got big disillusionment votes on both sides of the aisle. We all know KMT are/have been corrupt, but to call DPP clean is cognitive dissonance indeed. DPPers are some of the biggest investors in ChiCommland, too.

Oh, I don’t disagree, but it’s a pretty bitter beer for a lot of the Greenie weenies.

Korean Fish on a warpath with city councillors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE1Yv7gSdxM

Instead of respecting the council’s supervision, he refuses to answer any questions and defers every question to his appointed officials after regurgitating the slogan that won him the election “make Kaohsiung rich.”

He did the same thing at his ‘meetings’ in Stanford. He’s out of his depth.

This reminds me: someone tried a drinking game, turn on CTI and drink a shot for every time Korean Fish news came up. Just starting they took 3 shots in a row…

1 Like

They probably get a 1000 RMB everyone they mentjon his name. It adds up.

I swear, one of these days I’ll be watching CTI and I’ll see Han riding a donkey through Kaohsiung, while crowds of people wave palm branches.

1 Like

The equestrian show is tomorrow in Kaohsiung, have you got your palm leaves? :wink:

It is really scary. I mean, the crowds, the media pandering. All Saturday morning before the rally TVBS was exhalting te benefits this rally brought to Hualien, the number of people, the money they dropped. Have you eaten anything? What did you buy? was their question to the Korean Fish fans. They made special mention that the drink stand laoban brought 3 times raw materials than usual. “Look, people eating traditional Aboriginal delicacy mountain pig!” :wall:

Ough and the words out of the Fish mouth…

If this guy wins, I am quitting my job. I ain´t gonna translate that nonsense. I better start looking for a job, the way things look, people will really actually give the reins to this guy.

On other channels there was this handsome movie star looks and pristine Botox skin KMT hunk who was also talking nonsense… sigh…

You mean this guy?

「蔣萬安」的圖片搜尋結果

C’mon, @Icon’s taste isn’t that bad. :sunglasses:

1 Like

No. maybe. Not sure, but more leaning towards no. What I know is that his skin looked like Benedict Cumberbachts.

Gracias. muchas gracias.

I’m hearing Kaohsiung people would vote for him just to get him the f out of Kaohsiung. Something about making Kaohsiung better, but then immediately leaving to run for President after elected mayor.

Not to mention the reports of 400,000 people in front of the presidential building during his rally two weekends ago. Hard to believe end of Ren Ai can hold the same amount of people as the Bird’s Nest in Beijing.

1 Like

That is what worries me the most. The level of kowtowing, the grandiose elevation… of a guy who killed someone else while DUI. But no negative things are said, all is how good he is for teh economy, how much he is selling… while he is not actually doing anything. He´s either on the campaig trail or on vacation.

I remember teh red shirt movement. Even though hsi followers remind me of the red shirts, they are even more fanatical. I understand most are civil servants pissed off at Tsai because she took away their 18% privilege, and they would go kamikaze in order to piss off the DPP/Tsai/Taiwanese. But how about the rest? Are they really being seduced by his smooth talk and false promises? Is he like those scammers that speak with authority and that is all it takes for them to give them everything, all their money and underwear?

2 Likes

Ignorant too, apparently…

2 Likes