Hands Across Taiwan on 2-28

Please, not another case of ‘my wife told me that…’ or a ‘Chinese friend said…’. BTW, which party does your wife/her family support?

If I had been the KMT I would have told my supporters to join in. The event was a celebration of Taiwan that coincided with the anniversary of the most tragic event in modern Taiwanese history. There was no room for partisan politics. By childishly refusing to join, the KMT allowed the DPP/TSU to turn the event into a more effective campaign event than it otherwise would have been.

How dare those of you married to Taiwanese people listen to and have concern for the history of your spouses families, shame shame shame on you.

[quote=“Feiren”]Please, not another case of ‘my wife told me that…’ or a ‘Chinese friend said…’. BTW, which party does your wife/her family support?
[/quote]

She and her family support the DPP

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]It happens that ‘Yes Taiwan’ is a conviction that you can hold without being political. It also happens that the DPP advocates this.
[/quote]

For most Taiwanese they see this YES Taiwan as YES A Bian, since this was intiated by A-Bian supporters ( Lee Tung Huei).

If you are KMT, you could not go even if you saw it as non political, as others would still view you and it as being.

If you did not go because you did not hold the conviction and were DPP, others could view you as being anti Taiwan or DPP

I guess its no conicidence then that this was held before an election (Why not hold it after the election? The missiles will be still there), that 99.9% of the people last Saturday were DPP, the other 0.01% could not vote anyway i.e these were the foreigners, and the fact that 228 has nothing to do with PRC missiles (why pick such a day?)

On the other side the KMT are trying to play the card, “well the KMT did this but lets forget about it”, instead of welcoming an enquiry into what really happened and finding out exactly who ordered what.

If I had a vote I would vote for the DPP, not because they are cleaner and less corrupt ( what pollitican either DPP or KMT can avoid corruption in Taiwan, even if you don’t look for payoffs and bribes, these are still thrown at you), or not because they the can make the economy better; but because I do not see Lien or Soong as credible. Everytime they speak, I can see holes in what they say, and they just don’t sound the part they are trying to play

DPP winner by default - always the best way to win

oh no…no sean connery…my gosh…the world really is coming to an end!!

:saywhat:

wasn’t Sean Connery at the Oscars last week? That is why he could not come, I guess. What is his connection to Taiwan?