Hangover Cures

If I’m getting my drink on, I usually drink one bottle of water for every two alchoholic drinks. That way, I stay hydrated all night and don’t feel bad the next day.

I find that if I get drunk once every month or so, I am able to recover more quickly than if I haven’t been drunk in a long time. Doing business in Miao Li with my Hakka brothers allows me at least a monthly opportunity to get smashed. I’m pretty immune to hangovers now, thanks to the Hakka boys.

Bottle of room-temp. water, handful of multivitamins, couple of panadol before sleep.
The trick is to place these ON YOUR BED, not on the bedside table, before you go out. That way, you won’t forget to take 'em.
Works for me.
Has anybody tried any of those OTC hangover pills you get here, such as Norits? I think they’re sold as tonic for the liver.

Vtimans B12, E, a couple of asprins and lots of water. Its the water that helps me the most, and the sleep, and the not getting drunk in the first place.

Chou

[quote=“sandman”]Bottle of room-temp. water, handful of multivitamins, couple of panadol before sleep.
.[/quote]

FWIW, that combination (minus the vitamins) can cause liver failure:

postgradmed.com/issues/2000/ … aganov.htm

Best cure: A greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.

Christ a’mighty Jeff! Sobering stuff there. I’m swearing off the panadol from now on.
Do you have any idea what is a safe painkiller to use for a hangover?

Tylenol Codeine 15mg always worked wonders for me.

Can you get it OTC here? What’s it called in Chinese?

[quote=“jeff”][quote=“sandman”]Bottle of room-temp. water, handful of multivitamins, couple of panadol before sleep.
.[/quote]

FWIW, that combination (minus the vitamins) can cause liver failure:

postgradmed.com/issues/2000/ … aganov.htm[/quote]

So, can the 15 tequila shooters that precede it.

Watson’s sells a local multi-B complex vitamin at a very reasonable price. It doesn’t make you feel much better, at least not right away, but it does replace the B vitamins you flushed with the alcohol.

Water, water, water!

Anytime I even think I will want to get drunk, I always drink water while I am drinking alcohol. At least I have water in my system from the very beginning to dilute all the alcohol, still get drunk all the same, but in the morning I don’t feel like hell.

Drink lots of water and you could also make yourself another drink in the morning, it does help.

Tylenol is the same thing as Panadol.

[quote=“sandman”]Christ a’mighty Jeff! Sobering stuff there. I’m swearing off the panadol from now on.
Do you have any idea what is a safe painkiller to use for a hangover?[/quote]

Sorry, I haven’t looked into it much. Back in 1998 the US FDA put out a warning on essentially all over-the-counter painkillers–for the most part it warned against using them if you ave more than three drinks a day.
fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/NEW00659.html

Tomas’s idea of drink a glass of water for every 1-2 drinks works for me when I remember to do it.

Take 2 Extra strength Panadol before going to sleep and drink a lot of water. Then in the morning before you take your first breath take another 2 and drink some coke and more water. Go back to sleep 'till you can’t sleep any longer

Two things that really affect you when you get too drunk are dehydration and a low sugar level, which when low enough causes you to become unconcious.

The best thing you can do is take along piss and drink a lot of sugarated water before you go to sleep…

Sweet drinks will also help but nothing beats pure sugar and wate

[quote]Two things that really affect you when you get too drunk are dehydration and a low sugar level, which when low enough causes you to become unconcious.

The best thing you can do is take along piss and drink a lot of sugarated water before you go to sleep…

Sweet drinks will also help but nothing beats pure sugar and water[/quote]

Jim,
How many times have you tested this treatment? I’ve not heard the low-sugar thing before; doesn’t beer have enough sugar in it already?

Just drink homebrew, or at least commercial beer that still has the yeast sediment in it. If you can’t do that, then take a B-complex vitamin before you head for bed, and drink some water with it.

[quote=“almas john”][quote]Two things that really affect you when you get too drunk are dehydration and a low sugar level, which when low enough causes you to become unconcious.

Sweet drinks will also help but nothing beats pure sugar and water[/quote]

Jim,
How many times have you tested this treatment? I’ve not heard the low-sugar thing before; doesn’t beer have enough sugar in it already?[/quote]

Not as often as perhaps some of my British friends… however the low blood sugar level in the bloodstream is a matter of cause and effect… it’s real…

Cocaine cures a hangover they say.

Or if you have a chance to sleep - valium, codeine and gravol.

Now you’re talking.

Real, albeit expensive cures.

HG