Harvard Beijing Academy Moved to Taipei

Different usage of hub. Its not announcing Taiwan as the Hub of anything

Havent you said that you cant speak Mandarin? Anyway its a fine language

I do speak Mandarin.

Esperanto is a BS language, by any reasonable measure Mandarin is a perfectly fine language.

I would say it’s an overrated language. It’s not any more useful than say French or Spanish or Japanese. It’s probably only really useful in intelligence.

1 Like

Yes, only good for speaking to Taiwanese and Chinese. But its still a fine language

Which language isn’t a fine language?

Which language is a bs language?

Witcher language is the BS language. It’s actually called Elder Speech, which, therefore, is a fine language, e.g., “Burbatuluk grabataluk!” (see, as fine as it gets!)

I saw the popup in my browser and all I could think of was video games.

I speak excellent Bullshit.

1 Like

Good riddance. There are few things more threatening to the impressionable minds of youths than PRC-educated Mandarin language teachers. They teach little Chinese language and much “China is superior in all ways”. The problem is that, if you go around calling them “communists that are a threat to American children”, which is why they are, no one understands what you mean by that. So schools kicking them out is a good start.

2 Likes

Ko fan language.

What are you trying to achieve with all the personal stuff everytime? Wouldn’t it be better to just get better at constructing better arguments rather than this spite routine.

I’m not a Ko fan. Some things done OK, some things not.

It was a joke.

Lol. This thread certainly went pear shaped…

How about lets get back in bed, i mean on board, with the idea harvard (as a community) is probably still being 2 faced and going to taiwan seems like a good idea on the surface but probably requires some scratching of the ground.

Not a bad one either. He is a real douche. But… Give some wriggle room. Give and take, if you will :slight_smile: In written form online, it isnt so obvious ones true meaning.

More useful than Japanese and French (globally)

There’s a lot of Chinese people in the world. I’ve spoken Mandarin in every country I’ve lived and many countries I’ve visited. Being able to speak Mandarin got me out of a visa jam in West Africa once.

Esperanto

It’s not.

In West Africa French would’ve gotten you further. Much further.

Is, too!

I was Ghana, so, wrong again.