Has anyone ever transferred to a Taiwanese University?

I feel like business schools are its own ecosystem but yeah I guess.

But if you go to a well-regarded university in say France or whatever Western European country, people might have heard of the top 1, but that would be it. Usually only schools in USA, UK, Canada, and Australia have international prominence.

1 Like

My Master’s here is completely in English (BeiYi). I don’t know if you could do the same for Undergrad, but it is possible to find an “all English” program for something other than Business.

1. A lot a programs are being offered in English, or with options to provide courses for international students. This is at both the undergraduate and graduate level. The pertinent term here is EMI (English [as a] Medium [for] Instruction).
  2. Professors often get paid more (1.5 or two times their regular hourly pay) or receive extra points in terms of their teaching evaluation for teaching entirely in English. Again, this varies by university.
  3. One of the “hot trends” is a project called BEST which several universities have applied for to offer more opportunities for both local and international students. This could take the form of English for Academic Purposes courses for locals, and professional or subject related courses for international students. (See screenshot below).
  4. Due to the dwindling birthrate and lack of students, both private and public universities are now vying for either the tuition of international students or the accompanying improvement in their international ranking based on percentage of students from abroad.

3 Likes

Yeah.

It really depends what what your end goal is I suppose. Even a good and not elite IVy league school like UCLA will carry more weight than say HEC Paris if you’re applying for jobs somewhere that doesn’t know HEC as one of the best business schools in the world.

If your goal is to work in the Sino world, NTU or Tsinghua will open doors for you. But there’s a reason rich Taiwanese send their kids too UK and US school and why Xi sends his daughter to the US. It’s globally recognized.

The mend-bending hypocrisies of the contemporary world are really quite breathtaking when you think about it.

Guy

1 Like

It’s not about hypocrisy as much as it is about CCP being a lying sack of genocidal shit.

4 Likes

I know Canadian PhDs in education who are (or have been) professors of education at US universities, you have gotten bad information.

If you’re a full-fee paying student with a pulse, many western universities will take you in. It’s how they subsidize the expensive professors that don’t want to teach so many underprepared students, as well as the TAs that do a lot of the work.

most of my work is related to this

yes

I understand that. The bachelor’s they’ve attained in Taiwan has to recognised was my point.

1 Like