Have you ever bought anything off shopee.tw?

I bought something the other day on taobao, after finding it was 200 ntd more expensive on shoppee. Like @Brianjones said, you are paying for them to get stuff through customs easily

1 Like

I think some of them have special channels to get stuff through, who knows how they do it.

I basically know. You have to use the agents. You can find them on taobao. Basically you send your goods to their warehouse and then they weigh it and charge you the cost . Depends if you can be bothered

1 Like

Sorry I mean I donā€™t know how the agents do it

1 Like

There are certain goods like electronic toys/gadgets that are impossible to import directly from China. But these agents can get around it. Itā€™s weird.
(Knockoff) and cheap but high quality English books direct from China too. Can save a hell.of a lot of money (canā€™t remember if that was taobaoā€¦I guess like you said a lot of them actually just order on Taobao and resell on Shoppee in Taiwan ).

1 Like

Without going into detail, yesterday my wife filed a fraud complaint against Shopee. The Taipei prosecutor assures us that they will go forward. Some stuff is wonderful, but when a seller cheats
Shopee refuses to take action.

5 Likes

Thanks for the warning, guys. I was just thinking to buy a book from shopee.

I wouldnt be turned off that quickly. I buy all the time without issue. It doesnā€™t mean there arent shitty people on the site, but it is rare.

11 Likes

I buy a few things a month from Shoppee. Itā€™s by far the most popular e-commerce platform in Taiwan

8 Likes

Donā€™t worry about the comment above yours. Thereā€™s like a 99% chance youā€™ll get the book just fine.

3 Likes

I buy a lot of bike parts from Shoppe. Only two bad transactions. One bad description and one wrong item sent. No issues with Shoppe customer service.

3 Likes

I think shopee is good because I can get costco stuff in (ä»£č³¼) for big savings compared to buying at the two major supermarkets. There are big savings on cereal and nuts for example, which as we all know are outrageously priced at the two major supermarket chains. And I donā€™t need a Costco membership. The UI is significantly less painful than Taiwan home grown ecommerce websites running on fucking Java EE 1.0 or whatever insecure primitive shit tech they run on. Itā€™s not brilliant though, still that Asian style design with micro fonts and three things going on at once on every page. You donā€™t even need to give your ID from memory (?). Anyway I think they are putting a good dint in supermarket profits.

The quid pro quo is that with the super low fees shopee charges sellers, itā€™s definitely a hands off operation, and there is an element of buyer beware. I tend to do COD, and only buy off sellers with a record. Good luck to @M.2 in pursuing this reptile that ripped him off.

6 Likes

Totally agree with these points. I only buy things COD from Shopee and Iā€™ve never had a bad experience. It sucks when you do, though, and can turn you off to the platform.

2 Likes

Same sentiment here.

4 Likes

I think thereā€™s a lot of dodgy traders on there but its a very economic site to use overall.

Also payment is in escrow so should be hard to get completely ripped off

3 Likes

Yes. One can also extend the Shopee Guarantee if they need more time verifying the goods.

I had one recently accidentally send the wrong product. So I extended Shopee Guarantee while he came over to swap with me. All good at the end of the day. I got what I wanted and released the funds.

4 Likes

Has anyone bought a tablet or phone? Iā€™ve had a good experience with all the BS Iā€™ve bought so far but they werenā€™t really things people would rip you off on lol.

I suggest sticking to PC Home, Momo Shop, or Amazon for higher end electronics.

2 Likes

How comes? A lot of the resellers on Shopee are the same as PC Home and if you buy from Shopee 24, you are buying directly from their warehouse

1 Like