Have you ever received a 告白信 from a Taiwanese girl?

She’s declined because she was moving and she says she’s interested.

That sounds like what she said can be taken at face value.

2 Likes

You have to observe the person. If a confident woman tells you “no”, then back off cause she really means it.

If the woman is shy, her “no” might mean, “I don’t really feel comfortable being alone with you because I don’t know you.” In that case, get to know her at work in a friendly manner and don’t rush things. When she is ready to take a chance, she will let you know like she did with the note.

Others might have different views to offer.

3 Likes

Is this kind of thing normal in Taiwan? I mean, girls used to send letters like this to the boys they liked back in school, but it seems a bit weird to me that adult women are doing it at a workplace. Fair enough if it’s normal, I’m just not used to it.

2 Likes

She’s 23 and about to graduate from college.

1 Like

She’s 23 and about to graduate from college.

Still seems a bit weird to me! But I guess that means it’s not normal for 30-something-year-olds at the office to do. I’m just curious what the correct etiquette for signalling interest at Taiwanese workplaces is. :stuck_out_tongue:

She has existed as a being for 23 consecutive revolutions around our the star of our solar system and will soon be completing a form of higher education.

8 Likes

She worked here as an intern for 4 months. She’s leaving on June 24.

1 Like

Try ignoring her for a month, and see if she turns into a pyscho 小姐. If not, then maybe she’s normal (for now).

2 Likes

Oh dear, she really likes you. She thinks is time to lose her virginity and have fun… Make girl happy

1 Like

She would communicate only using email with me, whereas she didn’t mind communicating face to face with all other co-workers. Whenever I went up to her to discuss things with her, she seemed very uncomfortable, nervous.

Well she likes you and is just nervous. Poor girl. Don’t ask her too many question. Be chill. Just take her out for date over email arrangements. Cinema is great idea. She will not need to talk and can relax. On half movie touch her hand. Than closely to ending give her a kiss. Hormones might kick in and you can make her night.

She only got more comfortable interacting with me in person regarding work-related issues. After I asked her out this Monday, she’s back to her “former” behavior. It feels very cold LOL

Could it be a language thing? Do you talk to her in English while others talk Chinese?

1 Like

That explains a lot. She’s taking a chance when she knows if it doesn’t pan out, she won’t have to face the awkwardness of seeing you in the office.

2 Likes

Well she leaves tomorrow. The confession letter doesn’t specify when things should happen. I think she wanted to clear things up before leaving her job.

I always speak to everyone in Chinese. I don’t think it would be so uncomfortable that she can’t even make eye contact most of the time.

So I guess 告白信 means love letter? I’ve never heard of this before

It literally means “confession letter”.

1 Like

Why didn’t you ask for another day?
If she says not available, ask what day is good for her?
You may find out she is a time waster.
I would ask for her number. If she gives it to you, call her up for a date. Don’t chat - save that for face to face - if it ever gets that far.
If she doesn’t give you her number, move on.

2 Likes