Have you had COVID?

Oh I thought you meant ‘long Covid’
All understood :grinning:

Even the cashier?

4 Likes

Don’t think it really makes a difference. I enjoy the occasional drink with the mates more days than not, but haven’t caught it yet. Even during peak Covid we met up for drinks at the usual watering holes or on the roof.

Probably because we usually have shots of moonshine between the beers - excellent disinfectant!

That being said, the boys back home were not so lucky. Three out of my poker round in Kentucky didn’t make it. Guess we’re all considered high risk these days.

“Didn’t make it” as in “went into hospital and never came out again”?

That’s not high risk. That’s enemy action. I don’t know a single person, even third-hand, who died of COVID. And yet the US managed to rack up an astonishing number of “COVID deaths” - possibly the highest in the world - and there doesn’t seem to be any plausible explanation for that other than treatment policy.

1 Like

Especially the cashier.

1 Like

I live in a city of 9.5 million people, and next to the worlds busiest international airport. Worked most of the pandemic in a school for children with complex health needs. Not had Covid.

Pretty much. One of them never made it to the hospital.

High age, being overweight and having diabetes don’t help. No masks or vaccines around either at the time.

Consider yourself lucky that you don’t know anyone who made it out of the hospital in a coffin.

Well, I’m sorry to hear that, but I’m not lucky. I and my extended social circle (perhaps 1000 people in three different countries) have the ordinary measure of luck - to the extent that luck has anything to do with it - and the US didn’t.

The medical profession has known for decades - well before COVID - that people who are overweight, diabetic, etc are at high risk of life-threatening sequelae from respiratory infections. And the US has done absolutely buggerall to try to address that. When COVID hit, the authorities then denied people effective treatment and forced dangerous interventions down their necks (literally), and thereby racked up an absolutely astonishing death count. I’m just amazed that so few Americans are asking hard questions of their government and the NIH/CDC.

I just came back from traveling to several countries on a three week around the world whirlwind. I did not get it. But I did…gasp

Wear a :mask: where it was feasible and obvious to do so.

You’re in denial. I know two whom have died and a few others hospitalized on ventilators.

Seriously? You’re suggesting that because you personally know people who have died, I must be lying?

I’m assuming you’re from the US. The point of my post was not “denial”, but to suggest that the US is a statistical outlier. Putting people on ventilators was established pretty quickly as a surefire way to kill them (about 60% mortality). So everyone else stopped doing it. The Americans didn’t.

1 Like

Nope. You’re suggesting you’re not lucky because of your personal experience.

The people I know who died didn’t die because they were on ventilators. They didn’t make it that far.

I was referring to my extended social circle. That means that not only do I know nobody who died, nobody I know knows someone who died. I have had no reports via word-of-mouth that somebody, somewhere, died of COVID. So, weirdly enough, we’re all astonishingly lucky.

I can also read the statistics, and I see that virtually nobody died of COVID. I’ve posted extensive analyses of official COVID data here on forumosa, which nobody even reads. But I post it because somebody needs to do it for historical reference.

I’m not denying your experience. I’m suggesting that since it happened nowhere else on Earth - or at least in very few places - there might be a rather unpleasant explanation for it.

1 Like

I am out and about 7 days a week, travel around the whole country for work. Haven’t had it, last pcr test was June. I work outside a lot, but also am indoors at fairs, tradeeevents meetings etc at least every couple months. I visit hospitals every month or 2.

somewhat physically active, eat shitty, drink sometimes, dont smoke and have a lot of herbal help. teas mostly, soups in winter. we drink reishi tea many times weekly for over 10 years. I also wash my hands, dont pick my nose and other basic sanitary measures.

rarely get sick, the occasional ecoli but not often anymore.

Do you know a shit load of people?

I know one guy who spent a night in hospital. No deaths. I have a big family with a lot of people in their 60s and 70s.

Such different experiences. Hard to believe that what you say is a normal experience. Even in America.

6.4 million registers Covid deaths worldwide. Some of us are going to know people who have died from Covid. I know two people who died with Covid as the cause of death on their certificate.

In your opinion, were their lives cut tragically short, or were there unusual circumstances?

Even governments acknowledge that 50%+ of declared COVID deaths were coincidental (ie., the person just happened to test positive at or before death) and that 95%+ of deaths were more complex than a superficial reading of the numbers would suggest.

I posted some stuff in the Open thread expressing recorded ONS deaths in terms of lost life-years. IMO this is a bit more informative than just tallying up deaths, and there are some interesting features there that don’t show up in raw death counts.

Anyway, we’ve got 34 votes now and still 50% of voters saying they never had COVID, which is kinda interesting.

What constitutes a shitload of people?

The only difference, from perhaps the average, is that the people I know are geographically dispersed.

The people that I knew who died: 1 in Washington, 1 in Colorado. On ventilators 1 in Colorado, 1 in Georgia, 1 in the UK (Wigan).

What would you say is an unusual circumstance?

Well, were these cases where you thought “WTF, that should not have happened”, or “oh well, he had a good innings”?

It’s a difficult question to answer. Wendy had a good innings, but also she would possibly still be alive if she hadn’t had Covid. Gary just suddenly couldn’t breathe one night, slipped into a coma at the hospital and was dead inside a day.

Interestingly, Wendy’s husband of twenty plus years took all her photos down and got a new girlfriend just months after she died. Their children are very upset. He’s cold!