Have you had COVID?

You wore masks I assume, so I’m sure you’ll be fine.

1 Like

Foolishly, no. We’re out in the middle of nowhere and nobody in our circle has had Covid until now so we thought we were safe. Actually when I first got here in May I wore a mask around everyone but none of them did so I stopped doing it. If I dodged a bullet this time I’m going to start wearing a mask. What’s double ironic is I live like a hermit 95% of the time.

1 Like

best bet is to keep working outside and stay away from people. Natural biota will wipe that dirty lil bastard right out of your system if you stay healthy and active :slight_smile:

Not medical advice.

I’m sure you’ll be fine (physically anyway). :+1:

2 Likes

I’ve been in contact with every positive person at work. I know I’ve touched at least one the day they tested positive. Two vaccines not the recommend 3. And I’ve yet to get COVID. Don’t get your hopes up is all I’m saying lol.

I’m writing from my home quarantine, I will be a part of Malcolm’s post for todays numbers :slight_smile:

The first thing I noticed was an increase in my temperature to around 36.5 and it seemed it was going to go higher, and a little swelling of the glands… so, in normal times, like I might be coming down with a cold. I think, the next morning it went to over 37, then the headache started to kick in and a slightly sore throat.

I did two rapid tests, they tested positive (faint lines, but I’ve never seen the 2 lines before and I’ve been testing weekly). I did the reporting at a clinic up the road from my place. (Am glad I didn’t have to navigate through that app and make payments for the doctors appointment. The clinic didn’t even want money from me, I just paid 200NTD for the certificate because I wanted it.) Thankfully, they all spoke English, and they basically just took the rapid test (asked me which brand, presumably to make sure it wasn’t some dodgy brand), and used that as the basis for the confirmation. I paid for a certificate of diagnosis should I need it for travel etc., which I’d like to do very soon. Later in the day I had diarrhea, but nothing concerning. I had no real appetite, I’ve only been eating one meal a day for a while anyway, and yesterday, I could have even skipped that.

This morning I feel mostly OK, temperature is around 37 and I have a sore throat for which I’m eating those sugar-free menthol candies. The sore throat / swallowing isn’t fun, but otherwise all is good. I just filled in all of the government papers online, which includes a section for lagging on all of the people I’ve been close with, and if I’ve been using the social distancing app (I haven’t) to upload the details, and finally, a recommendation to wear a mask around home. I’m sure they have science that supports the efficacy of me wearing a mask around home whilst I’m the only person here, so I’ll take it under consideration.

It concludes with a statement that the CECC cares about me.

3 Likes

Feel better!

1 Like

Still have a sore throat that comes and goes. Particularly after teaching for a few hours. And it’s like the tonsils in the back of my throat are bigger. They vibrate when I breath deeply. I’ll probably have the fourth booster but I’m holding off.

I think this is what my friend in Vietnam said.

How long is it since you had it? What do you do when it comes back?

The sore throat I have is unpleasant (the candies seem to mitigating it a little, temporarily) and I hope it doesn’t last a long time, but overall, COVID isn’t something that is going to have me running around in fear and adjusting my movements in order to try and avoid it.

I would add, part of the notice, I got today says this, which presumably means, should I test positive again whilst coming/going from Taiwan, I should not have issues with immigration?

Looks like it means that they are slow at updating their system so if you flew out next week, their system might show you as being in home isolation when you have in fact finished it, so you should take proof.

My sis in law got a visit from the police after hers had finished. They were slow at updating the system and her phone triggered a police visit. This was last year.

1 Like

I did a straw poll with my class last night. It’s been a little over 3 months for me. Most of those that had Covid had also had it around 3 months ago.

Sometimes it’s worse than others. And it lingers. And I get the headache again. Other times it seems ok by the next morning. When it lingers I feel like I should get tested again to see if I’ve got another infection but usually feel ok the next morning, so two days, so don’t worry about it.

1 Like

Do any of you guys with covid notice the lack of smell aspect I have heard of from western media?

1 Like

A relative got Covid about a week ago. On her third day, she lost all sense of smell but got some of it back a day after.

I’m surprised you’re opting for the fourth after seeing how mild it is.

I have underlying health issues.

Q. The folks on ventilators, were they vaxxed?

(some fam in Canada got it, none hospitalized)

u sure it was the covid?

That makes sense. I was harmed by Covid policy but not Covid. I lost part of my vision because Covid policies prevented me from having timely surgery. It will be a few more months before I know how much. I don’t fear Covid. I fear the fear of Covid.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear that.

Gov can add it to the pro covid mandate tallies :speak_no_evil:

I think nearly everyone is affected by the fear of covid. It is a real issue for sure!

1 Like