Headphones thread

You can check out the same ones here on Amazon and it has a few reviews. You can always use an image search to see all the websites selling this model.
Amazon.com: G100 Bone Conduction Bluetooth 5.0 Headset Wireless Headphones Outdoor Waterproof Sport Headset with Microphone for All Phone (Black): Home Audio & Theater

If you are lucky, they are worth NT900 & last a few years, but if you are unlucky they might be dead after a few weeks/months. Those manufacturers buy old or used or counterfeit integrated circuits to save on costs in most casesā€¦so it is a roll of the dice regarding how long they might last.

Iā€™m not sure if Costco neihu still has them, but I saw Aftershokz AEROPEX there for ~NT4200-4500 10 days ago.

1 Like

Sony WH CH510

At NT 1,400 these are some of the cheapest Bluetooth headphones around, Sony too.

Iā€™ve had them for about 4 months, very happy with them. I canā€™t ever go back to wires. Also great for Skype.

5~10k on headphones? At that price, Iā€™m guaranteed to sit on them, or leave them on the mrt.

2 Likes

I posted this in the vinyl thread, but Iā€™ll be working these in over the next few weeks:

Keeps the ears warm too as an added bonus!

1 Like

Got me the Motorola earbuds they sell at Costco half on impulse, so I did not research the product before hand. Heck I havenā€™t figured out yet how they work.

I like the fact that they come in their own little pod and they are allegedly waterproof.

Anyone else got them?

1 Like

No, those Aftershokz Trainerz are different and I donā€™t think they even have bluetooth. Those ā€˜storeā€™ MP3 files so you can use without phone if you are into that. But if you using streaming services like Spotify you are out of luck.

Costco Neihu had the actual Aftershokz AEROPEX in store. They also put out a sample pair where you could put them on and listen to sample music but a little awkward to put on there with a security wire on them.

1 Like

Did you buy them? How do you rate the sound quality?

Yes - I found them at Costco in Beitou. I am happy with them - they directly address my main concern: using them when I am cycling. And they work so well that I often forget to remove them when I am not riding! Plus, they work very well in Zoom calls that I do over my phone - so the thought of not having to fumble with my earbud wires anymore no longer enters my mind.

I am not an audiophile, and I mostly listen to talk radio (podcasts). So, sound quality was a secondary issue for me. That said, I think they sound fine. In the rare moments when they are bumped and find their way to my actual earhole, the higher volume is noticeable but not overly distracting.

Iā€™m so impressed with them overall, Iā€™m planning to get an pair for my wife as a surprise gift.

Sheā€™s not stalking you on the forum, then?

Thanks for the review!

Anyone have any feedback about Google Pixel buds gen 2? I have gen 1 and they are pretty great aside from the wires. Good sound quality and the compatibility with my Pixel is great.

I looked at the Google store and it seems like they arenā€™t selling direct to Taiwan, but lots of resellers on Shopee.

Anyone else consider these even if you donā€™t have a Pixel?

Some quick comments after about 6 weeks using AEROPEX.
= very pleased.
I find myself using them more and more often in preference to ā€œnormalā€ buds while around the house and walking in the country. Pleasant, neutral sound with a good ā€œsound stageā€. Great with the TV also, neither disturbing others nor isolating yourself.
Super comfortable to wear for several hours continuously.

I see a lot of people wearing more or less the same SONY wireless model on the MRT. I wonder the reason for itā€™s popularity.

You mean the Sony WH-1000XM4.

They are comfortable, great sound, and comparable Noise cancellation to Bose. Less than 10k.

2 Likes

Iā€™m hearing amazing things about the MW08. People have been saying theyā€™re the best sounding earbuds out in 2021

hello, i know this is a headphones thread but may as wellā€¦

iā€™m digging my senny 400x bt earbuds and use them on most occasions and while commuting.

iā€™m looking for some decent (not great, but decent) wired earbuds in the 3k-5k ntd range if yā€™all have any suggestions? to replace some sh*t apple earbuds that finally gave out on me.

Gen Z ā€œitā€ girls have spoken.

ā€œAirPods are now synonymous with a decidedly uncool aestheticā€

"So why are ā€œItā€ girls like Lily Rose Depp and the Olsen twins ditching wireless earbuds and opting instead to plug into their devices? ā€œWired is an attitude,ā€ Shelby Hull, the 24-year-old creator of the Instagram account @wireditgirls, told Mashable. ā€œIt is the way you carry yourself and move about the world.ā€

we still using this thread or another thread. forgot which thread i wrote about my in ear headphones oh ok seems like this one

got a set of in ear wireless from klipsch for something like 50 bucks. sound quality is not bad but they dont fit well in the ears though.

just got the air pods gen 3 or 2 i think? Not the pro. Wife got the pro for 149 black friday sale down from 249.
I got the 149 regular one for 100 on the sale.
I like it, the sound quality is not great, but it fits the ears good. and i like the integration with the iphone
stick it in the ear and it turns on. take it out and it turns off. easy pair once and forget thing

the Klipsch I had to pair basically everytime i wanted to use it. NO wonder it was on sale for 49.99.
Im actually trying to find someone to give it to.
as i almost never used it after the initial novelty wore off.

the apple i found a use for because my 2003 acura does not have bluetooth. I had an after market unit put in and it came with a crappy microphone which basically meant people cant hear me too good.

So I ripped the microphone off some time ago and now when a call comes in , i have to touch my iphone and put it on speaker to converse. Well since i got my iwatch i just can talk into the watch when a call comes in . but strangely when i make a call i cant use the watch to converse.

so anyhows, this is our christmas present to each other this year, simple but nice.

so i use it in car only. because i dont realy listen to headphones and the in ears are inferior anyways. I actually think my B and O ON ears is also inferior. I am thinking of getting a Bose OVER EARS for 100 bucks. Think that will be the best earphone experience at an affordable price.

so anyways, air phones stay in car where i can charge it too. i use only one of them when driving and when a call comes it , it announces the caller and i can verbally accept or not take the call, brilliant.

Trying on the klipsch again I do think they sound noticeably better than the AirPods music wise
But the AirPod integration with the iPhone is cool

First time Iā€™m using the klipsch in years

good use of 100 bucks. And if need comes and i really need to use earphones like say hanging around a cafe in berkeley by myself i can always use them there.
another plus. although i havent found the need to do that in years. haha so basically except for the use in the car they are pretty much useless

to repeat as i am wont to doā€¦over ears headphones remain the best sound experience in general.
my B and O really hurt after about an hour on the ears. Sound is not bad but not as good as if it was an OVER the EAR set.

I helped replace failed Bluetooth headphones for two of my family members (headphones do not turn on - possibly battery failure) with wired alternatives.

I recently pulled out of box my old, tattered Koss UR40 and oh boy do they still sound nice for a cheap, worn headphone. (open back headphones with bass extending to 30Hz)
Extremely light but a bit flimsy (one hinge has broken in mine after few years of usage)

1 Like

Trying out the AirPods again
They are pretty good

1 Like

Hi guys, does anyone know what the deal is with import tax when buying more expensive things online?

Iā€™ve used Aliexpress to buy a few things before and theyā€™ve arrived without any issues, despite them asking me to use some EZ app thing and me not doing it. However now Iā€™m looking at getting a FiiO BTR3K which is just under 2000 NTD and Iā€™m not sure if that will be subject to import tax and how I would go about paying it.

Thanks.