Healthy Meals Delivery Service - Nutrifresh

From the suggestion from some of our subscribers, we are posting to inform viewers a little bit about our company, and what we provide.

“Nutrifresh” is a healthy meals delivery subscription service whose main goal is to service customers that are way too busy to shop, cook, and clean, healthy meals for themselves. Our service is a pre-paid subscription service with an ever changing set menu which, conveniently, allows our clients to eat a variety of healthy meals without having to order what they want on weekly basis. The meals are delivered daily, rain or shine. We allow for allergy substitutions and delivery does not need to be every day, although most of our corporate clients choose to. Our meals primarily rely on lean proteins, fresh vegetables, and low usage of processed carbohydrates (although not completely omitted by customer requests).

We have been in business for about 3 years now and currently deliver to all of Taipei City Major, as well as all of Neihu and Songhhan Districts, Zhonghe/ Yonghe, all of the Xindian MRT line (not the city), Zhongzheng (Taipei Main), Guting, and Tianmu/ Shilin. Unfortunately we currently cannot offer service to Xizhi, Wenshan, Banaao, Sanchong, Xinzhuang, and obviously anywhere beyond those areas.

Over the past couple of years, heck, even in the past 6 months, our flavors have changed quite a bit, but our ideals haven’t changed. We strive to allow busy individuals the ability to eat healthy, while chained to your desks, monitors, etc.

If you have tried us in the past and wonder what “changes” we have made now, please feel free to give us another try. Currently we offer all trial customers 3 meals for 5 days for 2000NT, or 4 meals for 5 days for 2500NT. We also have a great referral program which can earn you a significant amount of free days as well!

Our website is at http://www.nutrifresh.com.tw. If this is something that interests you, please sign up for a trial on our website now or feel free to give us a call at 2546-0006 or email us at info@nutrifresh.com.tw.

Thanks and Regards,

The Nutrifresh Team

Has anyone tried this out? How was the food? Delivery timings?

Is Nutrifresh an international chain? The English site looks much better than the Taiwanese site.

We did it for several months and the food was pretty good. The deliveries happen in the morning and they are very regular. What is surprising is how much food you get for the money. I believe the system is based on the zone diet and some people will be surprised at how much food you can eat while staying within those guidelines. It’s a good idea for people that have trouble cooking themselves or have no regular access to healthy meals. And they’ve been here for quite a few years. Very stable business IMO.

Icon has been a customer for a couple of years and is quite pleased with the service and the taste/quality of the food. These meals have contributed to lower my cholesterol/blood sugar and therefore weight. The meals are quite varied but I have a few staples I like best, like their soups and salads.

This is beef with sweet potatoes
Untitled by Bolita5, on Flickr

Rice and beans, Latino style

Open faced sandwich

Oh, and the salads are really scrumptious.

As to deliveries, Nutrifresh goes above and beyond. As said, usually they deliver early in the morning, in a special container. They have managed to deliver when we went in lockdown during the student protests -no easy feat- and they were also kind enough to deliver when I was recuperating -in articulus mortis- after my operation.

Thanks for the answers guys, I’ll give them a try!

We did it for several months and the food was pretty good. The deliveries happen in the morning and they are very regular. What is surprising is how much food you get for the money. I believe the system is based on the zone diet and some people will be surprised at how much food you can eat while staying within those guidelines. It’s a good idea for people that have trouble cooking themselves or have no regular access to healthy meals. And they’ve been here for quite a few years. Very stable business IMO.[/quote]

Do you think these are good idea for someone who’s lifting? Obviously would still have to add some additional snacks throughout the day for the caloric surplus but maybe they might make a good daily baseline for someone like me for whom cooking is a huge pain in the ass. But from Icon’s photos the portion sizes seem a bit on the small side while you’re saying that you get more food than you expect.

Also anyone getting delivery in an old, unmanaged building? How do you handle it?

We did it for several months and the food was pretty good. The deliveries happen in the morning and they are very regular. What is surprising is how much food you get for the money. I believe the system is based on the zone diet and some people will be surprised at how much food you can eat while staying within those guidelines. It’s a good idea for people that have trouble cooking themselves or have no regular access to healthy meals. And they’ve been here for quite a few years. Very stable business IMO.[/quote]

Do you think these are good idea for someone who’s lifting? Obviously would still have to add some additional snacks throughout the day for the caloric surplus but maybe they might make a good daily baseline for someone like me for whom cooking is a huge pain in the ass. But from Icon’s photos the portion sizes seem a bit on the small side while you’re saying that you get more food than you expect.

Also anyone getting delivery in an old, unmanaged building? How do you handle it?[/quote]

Maybe they can chime in. For us personally, I supplemented with extra meat and other protein. I kind of thought of the meals as a base that we could build off of because we were using them for the whole family, not just one person. The portions may look small but IIRC there were quite a few portions if you got the full package.

They deliver to your door in the morning so it sounds like your building shouldn’t be a problem.

Also anyone getting delivery in an old, unmanaged building? How do you handle it?[/quote]

Good heaven’s man, those portions ain’t small -I’'ll add a banana for scale later.

Nutrifresh’s Western meals are more protein heavy -more meat, I mean- than their Asian menu. I switched to more Asian meals due to my operation.

When I come in at work, Nutrifresh’s black bag is waiting for me on my desk. I take the stuff out and put it in the fridge and consume during the day.

If I do not make it to work, my coworkers fight among themselves for the “burden” of taking care of the meals. And I say “burden” because afterwards they complain “it is too much food”… having to take care of a single box each. :s Last time, one ended up in the section chief’s tummy, and she was delighted. :laughing: So I’d say the problem is not the delivery but leaving the food unattended!

More pics. Sample 3 meal special: lunch, dinner and snack. Yes, it’s cake. No, it is not every day you get one. Actually, it is once in a blue moon. But I ain’t no monk.

Sammich

P_20140613_090927 by Bolita5, on Flickr

Soup

And for comparison purposes, this is what we eat in the ol country

Well I’m sold. Gonna give this a try in a few days.

me2 :thumbsup:

Odd that we didn’t get any emails notifying us that this thread was being talked in. Really sorry coming late to the game, but Thank you Icon for the kind words!! It’s really appreciated! The images went beyond the call of duty but are very appreciated!

With regards to our meals, our meals are approximately 500 calories each, with a heavy emphasis on meats and vegetables. Even as far as the Zone Diet, our fats and probably closer to 15% only the forms of cooking oils and mayo we occasionally use in salad dressings. All of our meats have the fat trimmed off and we only use lean cuts. Our original goal was not meant to be dietary, but to be a healthy and convenient foundation where most of your daily calories are in the form of vitamin rich, fiber-based vegetables, and protein. These types of calories help you feel fuller, longer, and actually do something better for your body than empty starchy calories. We DO expect customers to snack outside of our program, and in the case of weight lifters, it’s most cost effective to use protein supplements for muscle mass gain than eating like a lb of meat per day (which i’ve done before, it’s not cheap at all, time-consuming, and bland!).

We have done some research with regards to a muscle gain diet, but it would literally cost 1000NT per day for the protein requirements alone, which, for most, would be way outside of most people’s consumption budget. Buying protein whey supplements costs like 2000NT from CostCo and has tons of extra calories (if needed) and tons of protein per scoop if you’re really looking to mass up. Although, unless you’re really looking for massive quick gains, most normal diets provide enough protein for mass gain because muscle doesn’t pack on THAT fast (and yes I know from experience). Thank you Forumosa for the affirmation as well!

Please feel free to reply here if you guys have any other questions, or shoot us an email directly at info@nutrifresh.com.tw. Thanks!

So after a couple weeks here’s what I think - some of the meals are a bit bland, some of them are very tasty, but so far I’ve always finished every meal, not a single one could be called bad. They’re also forcing me to eat a lot more vegetables and a lot less oil and sodium than I would if I was cooking myself, which is excellent. The overall convenience is great as well. Overall I’m pretty happy with it. I do wish there was some flexibility in regards of the portion sizes. If there was an option to pay X more for (for example) 20% bigger meals or something, that would be pretty cool. But I get that their logistics may not allow for it. Recommended.

Mprey, glad you like it. You can always order a 4 meal plan, I guess, LOL.

When I am most grateful for my Nutrifresh? When I am working late, and I have a full belly. Today’s snack was banana pancake with almonds and cranberries. And assorted fruit.

Yes I guess you are right, problem is that I am not a huge fan of Asian fare and fear it might become a bit too carb heavy but giving it a test run might not hurt.

Mprey, bland is a good start. Everyone has a different palette. Buy some limes and chili and you’re set. Icon, the photos look hauntingly good. Small portions? There’s tons of meat there. Good to see someone’s delivering healthy food in these decadent times.

Boneless chicken breasts are cheap at Costco. Six extra breasts a day is less than $200NT.

Buy 10LB bags of ON whey protein on Yahoo Bid. Much cheaper than that nasty Combat crap at Costco.

[quote=“Nutrifresh”]Odd that we didn’t get any emails notifying us that this thread was being talked in. Really sorry coming late to the game, but Thank you Icon for the kind words!! It’s really appreciated! The images went beyond the call of duty but are very appreciated!

With regards to our meals, our meals are approximately 500 calories each, with a heavy emphasis on meats and vegetables. Even as far as the Zone Diet, our fats and probably closer to 15% only the forms of cooking oils and mayo we occasionally use in salad dressings. All of our meats have the fat trimmed off and we only use lean cuts. Our original goal was not meant to be dietary, but to be a healthy and convenient foundation where most of your daily calories are in the form of vitamin rich, fiber-based vegetables, and protein. These types of calories help you feel fuller, longer, and actually do something better for your body than empty starchy calories. We DO expect customers to snack outside of our program, and in the case of weight lifters, it’s most cost effective to use protein supplements for muscle mass gain than eating like a lb of meat per day (which I’ve done before, it’s not cheap at all, time-consuming, and bland!).

We have done some research with regards to a muscle gain diet, but it would literally cost 1000NT per day for the protein requirements alone, which, for most, would be way outside of most people’s consumption budget. Buying protein whey supplements costs like 2000NT from CostCo and has tons of extra calories (if needed) and tons of protein per scoop if you’re really looking to mass up. Although, unless you’re really looking for massive quick gains, most normal diets provide enough protein for mass gain because muscle doesn’t pack on THAT fast (and yes I know from experience). Thank you Forumosa for the affirmation as well!

Please feel free to reply here if you guys have any other questions, or shoot us an email directly at info@nutrifresh.com.tw. Thanks![/quote]

As far as flavor, it’s very hard to satisfy every person’s palette. Personally, I prefer very strong flavors but if you gave my preference to half of the customers, they’d call it extremely salty. We have go a tad more bland as we have many customers with very sensitive palettes and are eating our meals as a low-sodium/sugar solution. Please remember that our customers range from mid20s to 60s and we make everything in masse. We try our best to satisfy everyone’s desires while being healthy and flavorful as reasonably possible. Personally, I keep a giant variety of hot sauces and other condiments right next to my desk. Just drink plenty of water if you choose to use salty condiments and you’re set.

You can order the Asian Meal without the rice… while it’s an upgrade (we switch the rice to the dinner (3 section) sides), it gives customers a low carb option that still has a good amount of protein as the asian box frequently has just as much meat as the dinner box.

More questions! I finally have more time to answer :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh and I think i may have typo’d earlier. Shout outs to Icon, mprey, and FORMOSA FITNESS. The little gym that definitely knows what they’re doing : )

I’m still fairly happy with the service but today just felt like pointing out that I really feel the Asian meals are a step above everything else most of the time. Which is funny since a few posts above I said I was “not a fan of Asian fare”… while the sandwiches and wraps and the 3-part box are by no means bad, they still have that slightly bland catering/meals on wheels vibe. The Asian stuff is often so good I could imagine myself being very satisfied with it in an actual restaurant. I guess that’s not a surprise given that we are in, well, an Asian country. Anyway this is meant more than a genuine compliment than backhanded criticism. I do wish some more customization was possible in terms of the sides, as it feels like the 20th day of bai cai in a row right now.