Hello Kitty magnets at 7-11

[quote=“yangdemei”]Dude, xp+10k may have googled, but tetsuo has been doing research! :laughing:
[/quote]

Yes, but Tetsuo is savvy to all Asian culture and language. It is part of his responsibility to know these things. How else would he keep us so informed and up to date?

BTW he’s from NZ - now that’s SCARY!!! :saywhat: :taz: :saywhat:

Looks like Tetsuo missed this one though…

The History of the Hello Kitty Vibrator

…In 1997, Genyo designed a product that would live in infamy: the Hello Kitty vibrating shoulder massager, which really is a shoulder massager (trust us – it says so on the package). Sanrio approved this design without batting an eye, and the product enjoyed modest sales in toy shops and in family restaurants like Denny’s and Coco’s. It wasn’t until 1999 or so that people began to catch on to the fact that the Hello Kitty massager had other potential uses, and with amazing speed, they started popping up in adult videos in Japan…

Read more at jmate.com/features/article_3.html

[quote=“GongChangZhang”]
BTW he’s from NZ - now that’s SCARY!!! :saywhat: :taz: :saywhat:[/quote]

Hey!! :stuck_out_tongue: I’d just like to point out that he is not representative of all New Zealanders…

…most of them are much worse.

Anyhow, Most NZers think Hello Kitty is :loco:

I have always hated Hello Kitty … and I mean with a passion … whenever I’ve seen female co-workers or classmates with Hello Kitty things, I’ve always ragged on them. I have one classmate who is 28, and when she took me to her home and I saw her room decked out entirely in Hello Kitty decorations, I nearly had a conniption fit right then and there. So now, I am utterly ashamed to admit that I have 12 Hello Kitty magnets on my refrigerator … and I’m thinking of trying to get them all … I think this means I’ve really been here too long … :blush:

If you get a dried mango snack ($55) plus a chocolate almond snack ($22)
you’ve got the $77 needed for the Hello Kitty magnet.

I am told by a reliable source that “Hello Kitty” in Chinese is
ni hao mao mao.

Or a tall can of Heineken (62) and a 15 dollar cake of your choice (I personally like the butter milk ones). :smiley:

:blush:

Yes, I went in to buy a bottle of water the other night and found myself hunting for something else to buy to make up the NT$77. When I got to the counter I got nothing! I kind of stared the clerk down trying to figure out if I should ask him for my Kitty or not. He stared back and said “What?!”, then it suddenly dawned on him and I got my Kitty.
Now he makes a show of delivering my Kitty every time I go in.
Ah! The excitement.

I can proudly say that I now have all of the kitties AND the board. (all thanks to the lovely women at the local tea house, they gave me the 1995! :notworthy: ) I’ve just hung the completed board on my living room wall and am awaiting hubby’s return so he can get angry! :smiley:

LittleBuddha - I’ve got extras!

Board? What board?
I want 1974, especially, but I might only start looking for extras once the promotion stops in 7-11 (when?) as half the fun is opening the packet to see if you have gotten a new one.
Congratulations on getting the entire collection! I only have 9! For the first time I realize how much money I actually spend at 7-11.

[quote=“twonavels”]Board? What board?[/quote]You can get a board to stick your magnets on. $99 I think.

er… apparently :blush:

Edit:BFM provided the photo first. BFM, are you sure you’re not collecting these too???

I am going to go through all the extras that I haven’t given to my students and figure out what’s there. I have a crap load.

Which bring me to: I know what you mean about how much money spent at 7-11. I don’t want to think about how much money it took to get all 31 magnets and at least that many extras!

Here you are:

Same price as the 1995.

Andre! You drive a hard bargain! And how do you have all these magnets?

I have 1981, 1986, and 2003. Man, I can only drink so much pop and eat so much junk food!

I don’t even like Hello Kitty. I think it’s like a daily challenge to see which one I’ll get. I think when I collect all I’ll sell it on eBay. I don’t even care for Hello Kitty.

I binned three the other day not knowing what they were.

Will keep mine for you 914.

:wink:

[quote=“Alleycat”]I binned three the other day not knowing what they were.

:wink:[/quote]

donate them to your teacher customers!

we need them:)

Ok

I’ll keep a kitty.

[quote=“Alleycat”]I binned three the other day not knowing what they were.

:wink:[/quote]
Thanks, Alleycat! I’ll write that in my agenda:

My wife and I got addicted to getting these damn things. I’ve always hated that cat and so does she, but now its one of those addictions you hate to have. My wife got pissed last night since we got one that doesnt have a year, but instead says 30 years on it. She went back in and the clerk told her it is some special one.

Oh well. Who cares, but its got me hooked. I walk an extra block to go to the 711 for my beer and cigs instead of store next to me.

If I cant beat this sick habit I might be the first to leap off the 101.

Hello Kitty is EVIL! Just look at the first-hand evidence:

:astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

How many more unwitting victims must suffer??

Consider the landfills, which will inevitably become clogged with countless abandoned magnetic pussies!!

The gobless beast must be stopped!!

Act now, before it’s too late! Boycott Sanrio!!!