Herpes - Can you get it from lipgloss?

Hi,

This is my first post. I’m a long time lurker and it was never my intention to start posting, but now I’m desperate.
My girlfriend has gentle herpes, I’m wondering if I can contract oral herpes from using her lipgloss?
I’m really paranoid about showing up at work with a coleslaw. My boss would give me a hard time.

Thanks

I really appreciate any input. I’m freaking out over here.

According to This Site, it is possible. Best to get your own lipstick.

Possibly, but I wouldn’t worry about it. Gentle herpes is but a minor annoyance. Rough herpes or, God forbid, prickly herpes on the other hand are a real b*tch.

And don’t even get into what would happen if you were to bring a potato salad to work. Absolute pandemonium.

Herpes is herpes and won’t go away anymore, it will hide in your body and pop -up at most inconvenient times …

I must be old.

I beg your pardon? :grandpa:

Someone told me you can catch it through having sex but that sounds stupid. Sometimes you don’t even wear lipgloss while having sex!

Genital herpes … same virus family, other place …

What rubbish you do spout sometimes! Don’t wear lipgloss, indeed. Let me ask you this then, smartypants: So if not lipgloss, what do YOU use to plug your nostrils with when you’re doing it? Eh?

No lipgloss, indeed. The very IDEA.

I just don’t do it with stinkers.

And I meant ‘other people’. I wear lipgloss all the time. I think the mercury in it drove me insane.

how does genital herpes (that would be the herpes that crops up on your genitals, not the gentle herpes you refer to) get on your lipgloss?

don’t answer me, the vision alone is quite disturbing.

but anyway, you can catch herpes only by contact, but the contact can be secondary such as by sharing toothbrushes, lipgloss, lipstick, etc, or whatever. kissing and oral sex can spread herpes to otehr palces too. it has to touch your mucosa, ie soft wet tissue like vagina, penis or lips or eyelids to gain access to the nerves underneath, where it hides out from the immune system and occassionally comes out to play, usually when your immune system is a bit stressed out.

be aware that many herpes carriers can shed active virus even without any noticeable surface lesions. this is a problem with genital herpes in particular.

You can also absorb it through the nasal mucus membranes. Living proof, right here.

The herpes virus?

And mercury. Not a pretty combination. Usually I just slather myself in coleslaw to hide the damage, but from the OP’s post, it seems they might be catching on. Maybe green papaya salad would be a safer option.

Just be very careful what you do with the lady/boys after having eaten som tam. It’s definitely a case of the cure being worse than the disease.

I’m brought to mind of a favourite Johnny Cash song.

[quote=“Buttercup”]Just be very careful what you do with the lady/boys after having eaten som tam. It’s definitely a case of the cure being worse than the disease.

I’m brought to mind of a favourite Johnny Cash song.[/quote]
“Som tam. It’s what wet wipes were made for.”

No, that wasn’t Johnny Cash, it was… damn… oh no… it’s on the tip of my tongue.

COLESLAW, PLEATH!

[quote=“Tycooon”]Hi,

This is my first post. I’m a long time lurker and it was never my intention to start posting, but now I’m desperate.
My girlfriend has gentle herpes, I’m wondering if I can contract oral herpes from using her lipgloss?
I’m really paranoid about showing up at work with a coleslaw. My boss would give me a hard time.

Thanks

I really appreciate any input. I’m freaking out over here.[/quote]

Lets set the record straight Tycooon you imposter! She’s MY GIRLFRIEND and her herpes belong to me.

I took a picture of her Coleslaw too, to prove to you its clearing up!

YYYYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLEER-PUKE!

Look, if you put enough lipgloss on it you can hardly feel the bumps

Grossgrossgross; you’re not playing properly!