Hiking: Dec 03 - Huangdidian

[quote=“Limey”]Shame. I can’t do Saturdays. If you enjoy it, could we go again on a Sunday in the near future?

L. :smiley:[/quote]

You can never do Saturdays?

okay, sounds good, we are in. As for the water testing, I can ask around if anyone does that at the hospital, but I don’t know how to do that (unless it is a do-it-yourself kit, which are available in the USA).

[quote=“Muzha Man”][quote=“Limey”]Shame. I can’t do Saturdays. If you enjoy it, could we go again on a Sunday in the near future?

L. :smiley:[/quote]

You can never do Saturdays?[/quote]

No sorry, don’t get off work until 4ish.

Kitty and I are in, as usual!

At last, a taker. I hope the weather holds up. If we get a light rain we can go somewhere else in the area.

I’ll be there with SO. See you Saturday.

Not sure about Mr He. We might get a few more from our neck of the woods.

My two daughters are not well suited for that, I imagine. My youngest daughter fell during a hike up Dongyanshan, and well, she lost 4 milk teeth - poor little thing :frowning: .

If I can go and want to buzz over there on my scooter, where will I need to head for to meet up with you? I’ve never been to Huangdidian, but I know of a trailhead in Shiding that leads to it. If that’s the trail you’ll be heading along, it’ll be very easy for me to find you there.

Best just to meet us a Muzha Station. We’ll drive to HDD on the lower roads, not the highway. Part of the problem meeting in Shiding is that there are different roads branching off and I can never remember which one goes where until I am there again. It would be difficult to give you an accurately described meeting place.

I’m hoping to go. 9am - Muzha Station - Saturday.

Macho Man, you’d probably be as well to give a cut off point where if anyone hasn’t arrived, tough luck. A couple of weekends ago we had to wait more than half an hour for someone who said they would be there, but didn’t show up. (no names :stuck_out_tongue: )

The handrail thing is just what my collegue told me. I haven’t actually seen them for myself.

I hope you guys have a great time. I really wish I could join you. Hopefully sometime soon.

I hope you did not miss my post MM.

I hope you did not miss my post MM.[/quote]

Is someone talking to me? :wink:

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

The forecast is for this gorgeous weather to continue until late tomorrow afternoon. So it should be an absolutely perfect day for hiking.

I’m eager to go, but am still not sure if I’ll be able to make it. If I can go, I’ll ride straight over to Shiding on my scooter, head on up the trail from there that’s signposted as leading to Huangdidian, and aim to meet up with you guys somewhere along the way. I’m sure I should be able to find you easily enough.

[quote=“irishstu”]I’m hoping to go. 9am - Muzha Station - Saturday.

Macho Man, you’d probably be as well to give a cut off point where if anyone hasn’t arrived, tough luck. A couple of weekends ago we had to wait more than half an hour for someone who said they would be there, but didn’t show up. (no names :stuck_out_tongue: )[/quote]

Not me. I was worried and checked the old thread and confirmed I’d not said I was going.

Re cut off. Yes, 9:00am If I have any problems I have MM’s mobile number but expect 99% chance of being there. I can take 3 passengers if needed. My SO said to FO about the hiking thing.

See you there Rat Organs.

[quote=“Omniloquacious”]The forecast is for this gorgeous weather to continue until late tomorrow afternoon. So it should be an absolutely perfect day for hiking.

I’m eager to go, but am still not sure if I’ll be able to make it. If I can go, I’ll ride straight over to Shiding on my scooter, head on up the trail from there that’s signposted as leading to Huangdidian, and aim to meet up with you guys somewhere along the way. I’m sure I should be able to find you easily enough.[/quote]

Bring your phone. We should be able to get reception up there.

Yes, everyone be there by 9am. Please do not show up at 9am still needing to get food and water. Show up early and get your water or buy it before you leave.

This issue seemed to cause a lot of friction last time so let’s all show mutual respect and not do anything to start the day off on a bad footing. God knows we will need to be surefooted on Huangdidian. :slight_smile:

We have more than enough cars for the people going so we don’t need to sort that out tonight. See you all tomorrow.

Well, like a goofball, I promised to attend a “tomb sweeping ceremony” tomorrow before I stopped to read the hiking thread. I wouldn’t free up from that until about 10:30am. So, it looks like I’m not joining this time.

Hike sounds great thought. Maybe we’ll do it again another time. Maybe next spring … seems to have lots of good cooling-off places! :slight_smile:

Enjoy and be safe.

OK. It’s Friday night and I’m still intending to go. See you at 9am (99.9% sure :stuck_out_tongue: )