🥾 Hiking | Don't Hike Alone

Summer heat in Taiwan is brutal. Take heed.

1 Like

Two French hikers lost in the wilderness a few days ago found today.
They went hiking without a tour guide.

1 Like

Why are French always going astray?

Because even when they’re on the right path, they still take the scenic route — and sometimes it’s off the beaten track in Taiwan’s mountains! /jk

One of them ended up as a cadaver on the slab on an night adventure in the mountains.

There seem to have been a few. There was the French guy who went off the trail in Taroko and was found days later. I’m vaguely recalling a few other lost frogs over the years.

Germans on the other hand arrive at their expected point of pick up within five minutes of the scheduled time.

1 Like

Wilderness?

Another incident, this time up near Wutai in Pingtung involving two French nationals. Perhaps tourists? I think they are lucky to have been found alive.

Guy

2 Likes

Do les rosbifs get lost or back to the pick-up point on time?

They forgot these.

https://www.amazon.com/Military-Counter-Matte-Black-Ranger/dp/B08R7R4YFM/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=1YL14WOIEDGSK&keywords=ranger+beads&qid=1701217013&sprefix=ranger+b%2Caps%2C181&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1

They get drunk and start fighting the trees.

This is the same two n’est pas?

1 Like

It appears some posts may have been merged—hence the odd timeline of the posts.

Wandering off trail in the high mountains of Taiwan, as tourists, without a guide . . . this may work out, or it may not. :neutral_face:

Guy

3 Likes

Usually it doesn’t work out.

2 Likes

Also they did the typical heading to the riverbed bit

Hope they didn’t try to traverse out along the riverbed as well, classic mistake here

2 Likes

We get lost, return late delaying everyone else, and then pick a fight with whoevers in charge

1 Like

I forgot the gentlemans name but he is an expert mountaineer , european guy in taiwan and he has youtube vids on moutain rescues in taiwan plus missions of recovery of dead bodies for people who probably died in the mountains of taiwan and he said a lot of people do just that go down to rivers and try to hike out along the river and that doesnt work out well in most cases.

probably the thing to do is to stay exactly where you are and wait for help if you dont know where to go, wandering around aimlessly probably wont help.

apparently for each person reportedly lost or dead in taiwan mountains quite a few more don’t even get reported so theres more cases then we know about, meaning its not all that uncommon to get lost.

its a jungle out there.

p.s. this guy

4 Likes

Let’s not forget Fred Frontier either

Fred Frontier - Discussion / Open Forum - Forumosa

1 Like

Can you or anybody else explain why this is a mistake? I’m genuinely curious.

1 Like