Hiking & River Tracing in Daxi Yilan, Aug 25, 2007

You guys didn’t get burned cause you had River Tracing Man and his anti-UV blue shield of truth to protect you.

Chris where’s that picture of me soaking up the power?

[quote=“Muzha Man”]You guys didn’t get burned cause you had River Tracing Man and his anti-UV blue shield of truth to protect you.
Chris where’s that picture of me soaking up the power?[/quote]

Haha…

BTW, Mr. Hiking Leader, I wonder what happened to your cell phone. Does it still work?

[quote=“kate.lin”][quote=“Muzha Man”]You guys didn’t get burned cause you had River Tracing Man and his anti-UV blue shield of truth to protect you.
Chris where’s that picture of me soaking up the power?[/quote]

Haha…

BTW, Mr. Hiking Leader, I wonder what happened to your cell phone. Does it still work?[/quote]

:blush:

No.

Damn! I need blue tights to go with that shirt.

And where’s your cape, man? How can you go out to do your deeds without the cape?

I can’t help wondering if there is a chicken/duck farm somewhere near the source of the waterfall…

[/quote]

Egads, my shower head puts out more juice than that trickle. Was it really that dry up there? And where are the photos of the swimming hole itself?

power soaks are us… :smiling_imp:

Just funnin with ya…Besides, I didn’t get any power; I lost my board shorts in both photos :blush:

Actually, the river was significantly higher this time than during last year’s visit. Last year we missed the waterfall pictured above because probably nothing was trickling from it.

We didn’t get all the way to the main swimming hole this time because of the downpour that hit us in the morning. We were afraid the weather might have been like that all day, so we decided to explore some of the other swimming holes closer to the trailhead. Plus trail_hacker at one point had to return home to get his river-tracing shoes…

Some of us spent some time at the “neck massage” waterfall - a natural spa about half way to the main waterfall pool. We also spent time at the “long pool”, just a couple minutes’ hike downstream from the natural spa.

Hi all,

I joined your hike up the Ayu, and then i registered on forumosa–so i could send you all a warm thank-you immediately…it was over a month ago, wasn’t it? The speed of the internet really doesn’t help some of us. Thanks for that fun day, though.

Sorry i missed this hike, but i’ll keep my eyes open here for another one soon? I hope so.

In the meantime, Kate’s poem is as good as being there, without the driving.

TAS, welcome back on board. I am looking forward to Hiking Club’s nest event, too.
I got a website which provides introductions and maps of hiking trails in Taipei county, it’s pretty good.
http://sport.tpc.edu.tw/people/mountain/line.htm

p.s. my skin is peeling off because of the sunburn I got during Daxi river tracing. It looks hideous, but to peel off your own skin is Eww…

Hi, I’m new to Taiwan and am looking for a hiking group to join. Is your club open to anyone? Can I come along next time you guys go hiking?
Thanks
Shaye

[quote=“Shaye”]Hi, I’m new to Taiwan and am looking for a hiking group to join. Is your club open to anyone? Can I come along next time you guys go hiking?
Thanks
Shaye[/quote]

Hi Shaye,

Welcome to Taiwan and Forumosa. Yes, our club is open to anyone. We should have something coming up this weekend so keep an eye on the Events forum as that is where we announce new hikes.

Go hiking, yeh… :yay: