HiNet Internet very slow

You’re using Hi-Net? If so any day before 6.30pm and I believe half day Saturday can be arranged.

Might have to stop being such a grouch…Got a call from Hi-Net just now, same lady who called me at 11am today so I guess my day has been better than hers…She states that the undersea line is now fixed so all is truly well in the world again!

My BT is now downloading 2 extremely well seeded torrents at a blistering 11.4kB/s, a ping to Netflix.com is at well over 5000mS.

They asked me to email the tractert to them which I did, took them a few minutes to get the email as “the system is running slow”…it will also take 3 days or so before anyone can analyse it.

On the plus side youtube appears to be working again.

I am getting compensated!! I won’t reveal how mega rich I am going to be however I do think that the cost of the phone calls to them will be close to the amount and if I add in the cost of my time I’m at a negative…

Anyone has problems since this morning with HiNet cable? Accessing various websites hosted in germany doesn’t work or only works half the time. My IP is fine and not on the Server providers blacklist. All big sites (reddit, fb, Instagram etc.) also work fine. Only a few sites seem to have loading problems.

Router restart and DNS change/flush didn’t help.

Went through all of that too many more times than I care to remember with HiNet!

The only permanent solution to the problem I found was to ditch HiNet and go with my local cable provider, haven’t had an unexplained problem since!

I have no access to FB at the moment. Everything else seems okay. FB on phone also no go.
There were some underseas cables cut and service to be affected notices made a few days ago, some news stories associated with it.

I think it’s down everywhere!

Is this like they said it would be in Revelations?

It’s worse!

I think the apocalypse is over.

1 Like

It worked the last 7 weeks without a problem. I hope it is a temporary problem, otherwise I have to contact HiNet…they probably have no english support?

Hinet working fine for me and I upload IPTV to several overseas countries including USA UK Ireland Philippines and EU.

1 Like

Maybe related to this:

The cut lines include Asia-Africa-Europe 1, the Europe India Gateway, Seacom and TGN-Gulf, Hong Kong-based HGC Global Communications said. It described the cuts as affecting 25% of the traffic flowing through the Red Sea. It described the Red Sea route as crucial for data moving from Asia to Europe and said it had begun rerouting traffic.

Big disruptions for Facebook platform were also reported. Some websites use Facebook login which did not work.

They do have translators some of the time, I posted about them in the early days of this thread. Thye’ll probably try to russle up someone who can speak English if you just call, or even go into a branch. I found the customer service to be pretty much useless no matter what language you use though. Hopefully you’ll see a better outcome.

1 Like

Google will build two new cables to Japan. This might also improve internet traffic between Taiwan and US.

https://www.reuters.com/business/google-investing-1-bln-boost-connectivity-japan-via-two-subsea-cables-2024-04-10/

4 Likes