🏒 Hockey | NHL

I always use PC and have no issues. Maybe you can ask MadDog on the support chat on the website, or use discord for more info.

Anyone here NHL fans?

I am a full on Canucks fan. but this year the Cannots didnt even make it in. So now I am just shitting on the trans I dislike haha. Yes, you Rangers, Avalanche and Boston! i am so pleased. though i also must admit i really dont like the new teams either.

I am rooting for an Oilers vs Leafs finals, but not sure if an all canadian final would be financially allowed. Lol. just trip on the NBA, nevermind.

I will say, was impressed by New Jersey game 7. not just cause I despise the rangers with everything, but it was some good skill on display…

my Hope’s are in order
Leafs
Oilers
Devils

My expectation is:
Devils

I prefer oilers vs Leafs on the end, but honestly wouldnt mind watching a finals between devils and oilers. and Alberta being basically america, I wouldnt even mind a devils cup in that match up :laughing:

just kidding. sorta

What is everyone else’s thoughts, predictions, Hope’s etc this season?

Does anyone agree it is odd if a tropical team wins an ice sport? I hate the Bruins, but I take them over Florida and the likes anyday. just based on climate!

2 Likes

The Panthers eliminated the Bruins like 3 days ago and just won Game 1 of their next round over Toronto. Their come from behind victory over Boston in Game 7 was an awesome feat tying it up in the final minute of regulation to send it into overtime. Bruins were expected to sweep Florida or take them in 5 games. I’m hopping on the Panther bus.

2 Likes

As a Rangers fan I’m as sad as I guess @messiartdecomiami is. The Devils impressed me–they made our star-studded team look totally foolish–and after a friend pointed out the interesting fact that none of the teams (with the possible exception of Dallas) can be considered to have a star goalie, I put in a bet for the to win it all.

2 Likes

Gotta say, if I was a betting man, I would have had Bruins for sure as well. If anything though, I hoped Florida would win so it would be easier for the Leafs. Haha Haha. might eat my words inthe end.

If a canadian team cant have it, even Alberta, them I am on board with the devils. game 7 was a good one, but I just thoroughly enjoy watching the Rangers suffer :partying_face: sorry tempo, 1994 and the following messier and coaching change in vancouver has left permanent scars haha.

1 Like

I remember 94 well! In a series of events of great fortune, our cable picked up ESPN which had the playoffs, and I saw the whole run. I had a tense moment before game 7 of the finals when I got up to watch the game and found only a screen of static. I called the cable company in a panic, used to US service norms in no way expecting to see them for a few days. They were there and fixed it before halfway through the 1st :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha, glad they knew the importance! that was an epic series, gotta say. but I foreever hate the rangers. and the following years what they did to vancouver was just salt on the wound.

1 Like

I actually lost track for a good number of years after that. The next year they switched to ESPN-Asia–no hockey–and it fell off my radar until about ten years ago. What did we do to you?

After the the loss (which was good hockey, no real complaints about NY) Mark Mesier went to the Canucks. his entitled little ass took the retired number 11 of a dead canuck (I dont care too much about that, but many did) and he also bumped our captain to A I am Trevor Linden all day, and that was a really shit move. it left such a bad taste in the mouth of both team and fans it sort of split the team. The NY coach that beat us, Mike Keenan, then coached Vancouver a couple years later. it all went to shit. after that I took a decade or more off of hockey cause they were just glamorous idiots that destroyed a good team.

Also, Fuck Pavel Bure :blush:

1 Like

You forced the peaceful denizens of Vancouver to rise up in riot is what you did!

2 Likes

Keenan wore out his welcome in NY right after winning the cup!

1 Like

he wore it out right quick in vancouver as well, the D bag. but I digress. I would say that both the rangers and the bruins had fair games, so I dont mind that. I just highly dislike messier and keenan and how they sold out the workers on the team for a show boat :face_vomiting:

Dare I say it, I miss Pat Quinn. Also glad Gretzky cancelled his decision to go to vancouver.

but anywho, I didnt mean to reminisce too much. The cannots cannoted again this year, so my eyes are on other canadian teams :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve heard before about the mythical Canadian who supports any Canadian team :slight_smile: Now I’ve finally met one!

I think they’re getting more common simply because it’s been so long since a Canadian team has won. When I was a kid in Vancouver, yeah, there was no way I was going to cheer for the Oilers (too darn dominant) or the Leafs (Toronto! Ugh!). Now I would.

2 Likes

Damn skippy. with the oilers it’s a hard one as they are barely canadian, but still…

just kidding.

Sp here’s something I am really curious about, seems strange to me.

watch this video, can skip to 4:19 and watch Torontos second goal. then watch the replay. all the advertisements are different. how is this possible to change advertisements like this? perhaps it is different cameras can input different ads? or?

To be fair, he probably is canadian, not from somewhere in Asia.

But ya, as a province, we take losing hockey poorly, I must admit. it is a bad look for us. But, please, have some sympathy. we go through a lot of BS as a team. a team that wasnt always even canadian. Give us a major in the box. I think that’s deserved, but dont suspend us :slight_smile: You guys have basketball. Lacrose is not enough for us.

1 Like

New tech, not really so new, they’ve been doing it in Europe for a while. If you went to the stadium it’s just the regular boards ads. On TV they can superimpose their own computerized ads over it. New this year in the NHL. It’s in the TV contract.

2 Likes

oh wow. interesting! Thanks for explaining it. I thought it weird that the same video had 2 different ads. is this post production and they just plug in the data to display the different advertisers?

1 Like

Well, it’s happening in real time so not post-production I guess. But yeah they just plug in what they want and it appears as if by magic on TV. At the beginning of the year it was pretty annoying but I hardly notice it now.

1 Like