Hockey Night In Canada

5 Ducks - 3 Oilers :fume:

Next game Saturday night. I’ll keep you posted.

Dude,

You shouldn’t give away scores like that; lots of people might have planned on watching the game tonight at a sports bar and might not appreciate the spoiler. Don’t tell me I have to start avoiding forumosa on game days too now…

oops…my bad. sorry…i’m not in taiwan yet and i watched the game live on tv tonight.

carlos

No mas. Go Oils! :wink:

we actually get live broadcasts of games through nhl.com, or through local radio stations aired over the net.

THose would be radio broadcasts right?

yes.

you can also download games (as they are unable to be watched any other way here, including available satellite, i assume people would be ok with this?) from

cif-forums.com/vb/index.php

usually show up about 2 hours after the game is done. i would imagine pubs broadcasting games would be getting them from here. you do need to register, afaik.

(apologies if this is stated elsewhere) …

Here’s someone that the boys in Oil Country may want to look at for inspiration. But even if the Oilers lose – and losing seems almost inevitable at this point – it has been a great run. Judging from last night’s game, no Roloson = lots of goals against and no scoring. :frowning:

The Oilers played hard; they controlled the puck in the offensive zone for a sizeable amount of time in each period and maintained good pressure. What hurt them most was all the penalties and no shots…man, I watched the game last night and couldn’t believe that they just weren’t shooting and crashing the net more. Credit to Carolina for taking advantage of turnovers in the neutral zone to create a couple of 2 & 3 on 1 opportunities and solid goaltending. With game 3 back in Edmonton, hopefully it will put the Oils back on track.

A hot goalie making a great save can often inspire the rest of the team to perform at a higher level. And Ward was that inspiration in Game 1 that kept Carolina going. You’re not gonna get that out of Markkanen or please-shoot-at-my-open-net-for-the-game-winner Conklin.

Huet was this inspiration in Montreal, for example, but unfortunately for Montreal, Koivu’s injury was the ultimate deflation that the team was unable to bounce back from. With Koivu in the lineup, I’m sure Carolina would have been knocked off in Round 1.

Ottawa was a great regular season team and Emery is a solid goalie, but not the sort of game-saving big-game goalie that Ottawa needed to inspire them to win at least one of those 3 OT losses.

I don’t think the Oilers will be swept, but I’ll surprised if it goes beyond Game 5.

The Oilers won in overtime on a Fernando Pisani shorthanded goal!

So it will go to game six. I wish I could have seen that game.

Shorthanded in over time?!?!?!

I still think the Oilers will take it.

[quote=“Lo Bo To”]So it will go to game six. I wish I could have seen that game.
[/quote]

You can see it tonight at the Monkey if you’re in Taipei. 8pm start. I believe. Btw, thanks for the spoiler.

[quote=“citizen k”][quote=“Lo Bo To”]So it will go to game six. I wish I could have seen that game.
[/quote]

You can see it tonight at the Monkey if you’re in Taipei. 8pm start. I believe. Btw, thanks for the spoiler.[/quote]

Shit. Sorry man. I’m not in Taipei and didn’t know that. :s

[quote=“Lo Bo To”][quote=“citizen k”][quote=“Lo Bo To”]So it will go to game six. I wish I could have seen that game.
[/quote]

You can see it tonight at the Monkey if you’re in Taipei. 8pm start. I believe. Btw, thanks for the spoiler.[/quote]

Shit. Sorry man. I’m not in Taipei and didn’t know that. :s[/quote]

No problem, I just have to learn to completely avoid the internet on game days. :wink:

There should be a spoiler warning on the topic title. I’d be PISSED if I read this thread before watching.

My beloved Senators lost the series on a shorthanded overtime goal. :fume:

I wouldn’t open up this thread if I didn’t want to know. :laughing:

24 hours till the game.

My prediction. Oilers 3 Carolina 1

So where can we watch Game 7???

Live? Don’t know. But it will be shown in the evening at the Brass Monkey, probably in the back room, at either 8 or 9pm. Only catch is you have to avoid the internet all day long. :laughing:

Edit: Their schedule says 9pm.

If you call the Tavern maybe they’ll put it on if enough people come. We can about 50 2 years ago when Calgary played Tampa for the finals. But someone has to call tonight.