Hold the quiche: Manly men are back

[quote=“Rubicon Bojador”]Excessively fretting over your masculinity is for pussies.
Real men don’t waste their time thinking about what makes a “real man”.[/quote] Exactly right. [quote=“Rubicon Bojador”]Only insecure guys go in for all that macho shit.[/quote]If you have to fake it, its ain’t the real thing.
A bit of looking into the real definition of ‘nachismo’ will show something quite diff from the common perception.
It has nothing to do with wankers wearing goatees and earrings. Leather jackets, shaved heads and cryptic tatts do not automatically bestow real machismo on a gonadal bearing hominid.
It has to do with honor, dignity, manners and a code of conduct- that is the definition, albeit - Old School - of ‘machismo’ or macho.
Sort of a Meditereanean Bushido.

I always shave my chest hair before it gets out of hand. I have my legs waxed once a week and I can’t stand wearing a bicycle helmet because it mucks up my well groomed hair.
I always shave and have my fingernails clipped about twice a week. I have a face mask kit which keeps my face moisturised and supple - it prevents my youthful looking skin from ageing.

And when all you manly men are all old and haggard at 60, I’ll still look like I’m 30.

You tell 'em, dangermousse!

:notworthy:

Yes! A code which involves respect for others, and a willingness to help the needy and defend the weak, but with quiet determination, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far; to fight for the right, without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause! And I know if I’ll only be true to this glorious quest, that my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I’m laid to my rest… And, the world will be better for this – that one man, scorned and covered with scars, still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable star!!!

Heavy razor stubble is a plus.

Yes! A code which involves respect for others, and a willingness to help the needy and defend the weak, but with quiet determination, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far; to fight for the right, without question or pause, to be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause! And I know if I’ll only be true to this glorious quest, that my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I’m laid to my rest… And, the world will be better for this – that one man, scorned and covered with scars, still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable star!!!

Heavy razor stubble is a plus.[/quote]

Start with “To thine own self be true” and you can’t go wrong.

You got scars? Good, then you got life. Life can be running through brambles: not smart but once you get going it’s hard to stop.

ugh ugh ugh

as for razor stuble…after three days my wife says i look like a killer. so, i only get my stuble goatee moostachio going during holidays…i may go for muttenchops next CNY. :slight_smile:

BTW, manly men dont talk about unreachable stars…should be “that last brewskie” :slight_smile:

No, no, you misunderstood. The pasties on some of those taller showgirls…

No, no, you misunderstood. The pasties on some of those taller showgirls…[/quote]

ah well

manly men sit and brood and wait for them sweeties to come to THEM

ugh ugh ugh

we dont reach

Heavy razor stubble is a plus.[/quote]

Start with “To thine own self be true” and you can’t go wrong.

You got scars? Good, then you got life. Life can be running through brambles: not smart but once you get going it’s hard to stop.

ugh ugh ugh

as for razor stuble…after three days my wife says i look like a killer. so, I only get my stuble goatee moostachio going during holidays…I may go for muttenchops next CNY. :slight_smile:

BTW, manly men dont talk about unreachable stars…should be “that last brewskie” :slight_smile:[/quote]

I had a good laugh on this one. I don’t shave somedays. Sometimes because I’m lazy, and mostly because if I shave too regularly (i.e. everday) my skin gets irritated. And that’s my story and I’m sticking to it…

Yeah, yeah, and I bet you bugger penguins too. :laughing:

oh man

you are SO out of the club…

oh man

you are SO out of the club…[/quote]

As I said, (my skin gets irritated) that’s MY STORY…and I’m sticking to it.

As in when my boss asks me, “why didn’t you shave today?”

“Um, ah, because if I shave everyday my skin gets irritated…uhem…”

Grrrrr :fume:

No, dudette, you don’t get it! A real man would stare his boss down until the boss was reduced into a quivering puddle of slime. :smiley:

oh man

you are SO out of the club…[/quote]

As I said, (my skin gets irritated) that’s MY STORY…and I’m sticking to it.

As in when my boss asks me, “why didn’t you shave today?”

“Um, ah, because if I shave everyday my skin gets irritated…uhem…”

Grrrrr :fume:[/quote]

well, as a manly man, being slightly inebriated, i misread that…ugh ugh ugh

next time just glare back at the boss and say “WHAT?!” and growl

You need some of this:

[b]
BODI-TEK Face Rejuvenator System for Men: The relaxing Workout for Your Face that Will Help to Combat

[quote=“Dangermouse”]You need some of this:

[b]
BODI-TEK Face Rejuvenator System for Men: The relaxing Workout for Your Face that Will Help to Combat

[quote=“Dangermouse”]Face Rejuvenator System[/quote] ???

Here’s yer damn face rejuvenator system!

and THIS is a manly man!

… I am almost out of this…, just can’t find it around here.
I prefer the menthol…hint hint hint.

And then there this…Beckham: How I stay gorgeous

Why are there so many “manly” men posting pictures of what they consider to be “manly” men?

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.

[quote=“Bassman”]Why are there so many “manly” men posting pictures of what they consider to be “manly” men?

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm.[/quote]

Doesn’t matter. Manly is a state of being.

And quite possibly a finger in the snoot at a red light.