Holding Hands

I think it is really sweet .
I think if I had a bf /husband,I will hold his hand, too[/quote]

I thought you mentioned your bf in the past. Did you let go of him on the street and lose him?

And WHY have I only just seen the post from Miaka 2 yrs ago? Too bloody late now, woman![/quote]

I like the feeling of holding someone’s hands that I love.
I lost my way in Taipei and Japan so he hold my hands. :wink:

At an event one time, 914 came up to us and said “do you two ever NOT hold hands?”. :laughing:

I held the hand of my first for 16 years. Then I tried to hold the hand of my second for 4 years, though it did not work out.
I am holding the hand of my third ,and all other parts. It is “feeling close” and it gives a sign to 3rd parties: “Look, but do not touch”.

[quote=“Amy”]My husband likes to hold my hand. I see it as a sign of closeness. I also think he doesn’t trust me to cross the street safely. I have a tendency to frogger my way across the street.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with feeling uncomfortable holding hands. It can be seen as a sign of familarity. You have to know the person or ant to take care of a person to hold their hand.[/quote]

Mine has finally started playing frogger with me. Took me 2 years to get that man to quit turning pale when I crossed the street.

NICE :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

i’am a hand-holder too.

back home in switzerland is very common and everybody holding hands with the one in love.

hello

Iam a woman and where I come from only people who love each other hold hands, how is it here?
So, if a taiwanese girl is not together with somebody but they are good friends do they hold hands then?

thanks
ally

[quote=“ally”]hello

Iam a woman and where I come from only people who love each other hold hands, how is it here?
So, if a Taiwanese girl is not together with somebody but they are good friends do they hold hands then?

thanks
ally[/quote]

far as I know:

1. girls hold hands with girls in Taiwan as a sign of friendship.

2. boys do NOT hold hands with other boys unless they are gay.

3. girls hold hands with guys who are their boyfriends or husbands (usually boyfriends)

[quote=“tommy525”][quote=“ally”]hello

So, if a Taiwanese girl is not together with somebody but they are good friends do they hold hands then?

thanks
ally[/quote]

far as I know:

1. girls hold hands with girls in Taiwan as a sign of friendship.

2. boys do NOT hold hands with other boys unless they are gay.

3. girls hold hands with guys who are their boyfriends or husbands (usually boyfriends)[/quote]

Er,I disagree.
girls hold hands ,Now,as not a sign of friendship.
If one of them is with the very short hair,We think they are lovers.(lesbian)(sometimes they are really lovers.)

I’ll grab a hand if its close.

I never had a GF that didn’t enjoy holding hands or holding on to my arm. I help them out of the car and then they just hold on to the hand or arm. It’s fine with me.

I used to work in a Korean office and the koreans would always rub my shoulders when chatting behind me about work issues. It was weird at first but now my neck is starting to get tense again without it.

I hate people touching my hands, feet, hair or face.

You need a man who is content to have his hands full of breasts.

Hmm… Can’t say I find it very strange, but then again, I come from the most liberal country in the world, or at least I think so.
Holding hands just means that you care about that person, it’s not as if it’s a sexual thing.
But I have to agree with someone who posted earlier, I was a bit take when my current GF stuck her hand down my back pocket and grabbed my ass, but hey…
I guess it’s different in every country, but no-one even looks twice at people making out where I come from so…
I have to say that I was a bit shocked when I lived in London and came out from work one day and two gay guys grabbed eachothers heads and made out, not my kind of thing… but each to their own, I just didn’t expect that in central London.
Anyhow, I’m not shy in that way and I really like holding hands or get even closer than that to my GF as she’s really sweet.
At the end of the day it comes down to what you’re comfortable with, that’s it really.

I feel comfortable to hold hands with my husband, but I don’t exactly think it has to do with culture. I think different people just have different needs to feel secure, or different ways to show their affection toward each other. I happen to find holding hands to provide me with the kind of security I need from a relationship. But then again, I am more of a physical person, I like touching my husband non sexually as a sign of adoration.

Sounds like you got a problem there, honey.

Paging Dr. Freud…

Seriously, it’s totally abnormal to be so frigid. Touchy-feely cultures are, on the whole, more happy than stand-off-ish cultures. That’s why the world’s top suicide rates are in frigid places like Norway and Japan. Despite how miserable they are, you don’t hear about a lot of touchy-feely South Africans and Fijians offing themselves. But funnily enough, you do hear about a lot welfare-state protected, nothing to complain about in their lives, richest countries in the world, Swiss and Scandinavians offing themselves, putting the rest of the world to shame in the suicide sweepstakes. I wonder why that is? Perhaps that despite all their wealth, they get no love from mommy and daddy?

Fair enough, Q, but you don’t just wake up one day and stop cringing if someone invades your space. You can’t just decide to embrace the Fiji in you if that’s not how you feel. I always find other people have a problem with it, more than I do.

Pretty much narrowed it down to whipped cream on the belly, eh?

Okay, bubble girl. Feet I could see but hands face hair must be pretty lonely. How’s that song go, when I think about you I touch myself ooo ooo I don’t want anybody else.

[quote]Buttercup wrote:
I hate people touching my hands, feet, hair or face.
[/quote]

Hey guys. Go easy on Buttercup! please can’t you see the English flag icon there. Don’t worry, there’s someone for everyone. Sir Frosty will arrive on a white (very,very British) steed any day now :smiley:

Well my taiwanese friend has the habit of holding hands too … So definitely a handholder