Holding Hands

Nothin’ but love, Buttercup. Nothin’ but love.

Matt

I have a problem with my latest girlfriend. She’s a bit too jealous and possessive, to it mildly. This last Sunday we were walking together in the Mitsukoushi Department Store (the biggest one in Tainan), and every time we passed a pretty girl (every 10 seconds! The biggest department complex in Tainan on a weekend day), she gripped my arm, tight. Tighter and tighter. I brought this up, “Are you the jealous type?” and she said, “If we are walking together, I don’t want you looking at other girls, and I don’t want other girls looking at you.” Yikes!

Maybe some of you people here are different, but I think that in a normal, healthy relationship, looking is fine, as long as you don’t do anything. Doing something is an entirely different issue. I mean, I am a guy…maybe it’s different for girls, but as a guy, no matter how much in love I am with my current girl, I still want to look at other girls. That doesn’t mean I’m going to cheat on my girl. It just means I’m going to look. A huge, huge difference.

[quote=“Quentin”]
Maybe some of you people here are different, but I think that in a normal, healthy relationship, looking is fine, as long as you don’t do anything. Doing something is an entirely different issue. I mean, I am a guy…maybe it’s different for girls, but as a guy, no matter how much in love I am with my current girl, I still want to look at other girls. That doesn’t mean I’m going to cheat on my girl. It just means I’m going to look. A huge, huge difference.[/quote]

I enjoy hanging out with gf’s both of us checking out people. You learn a bit about your partner. I can’t be with someone who is jealous. It makes me crazy.

I am a hand holder when I am with someone I love.

[quote=“Quentin”]I have a problem with my latest girlfriend. She’s a bit too jealous and possessive, to it mildly. This last Sunday we were walking together in the Mitsukoushi Department Store (the biggest one in Tainan), and every time we passed a pretty girl (every 10 seconds! The biggest department complex in Tainan on a weekend day), she gripped my arm, tight. Tighter and tighter. I brought this up, “Are you the jealous type?” and she said, “If we are walking together, I don’t want you looking at other girls, and I don’t want other girls looking at you.” Yikes!

Maybe some of you people here are different, but I think that in a normal, healthy relationship, looking is fine, as long as you don’t do anything. Doing something is an entirely different issue. I mean, I am a guy…maybe it’s different for girls, but as a guy, no matter how much in love I am with my current girl, I still want to look at other girls. That doesn’t mean I’m going to cheat on my girl. It just means I’m going to look. A huge, huge difference.[/quote]

holly shit!

you’ve been coming up with all those rants about relationships and stuff and here you post this kind of stuff…

i couldn’t really understand your mindframe and all that bitterness you seem to have inside,but now it all make sense,crystal clear :noway: :noway: :noway:

Completely agree. It’s in our nature to look. Girls do it to, but not nearly as much as we do. However, it’s also natural for girls to feel jealous or insecure if we do it too much. You’re right that it has nothing to do with how we feel about the girl we’re with. She could be the prettiest girl in the whole place, you could be madly and deeply in love with her, but you’re still going to look at other girls because that is what your brain is hard-wired to do. Even if she is completely aware of this, it’s still going to be hurtful. It’s one of those inevitable conflicts between guys and gals.

I think compromise is the key to this one. In my situation, I try not to look too much, and she tries to not get pissed when I look around a bit.

Always make sure your girlfriend is a head shorter then you . Then you can look 360 degrees without her knowing, when you hold her tight.

New York City is like TAipei (Tainan and KHH and Taichung) in that pretty girls come by at once per few seconds. My girlfriend probably knew I was looking but was smart enough to not make that an issue (so long as I wasnt drooling onto her head). And at night I made sure she felt she is THE ONE. Work hard to make her feel individual and safe in your love. That is the key.

Otherwise even one glance at another girl can set her off ! TAiwanese girls can be pretty volatile as you all know ( ALL girls can be ) . Liable to make you a star in her instant Taiwanese drama either right there or later. :laughing:

[quote=“Quentin”]I have a problem with my latest girlfriend. She’s a bit too jealous and possessive, to it mildly. This last Sunday we were walking together in the Mitsukoushi Department Store (the biggest one in Tainan), and every time we passed a pretty girl (every 10 seconds! The biggest department complex in Tainan on a weekend day), she gripped my arm, tight. Tighter and tighter. I brought this up, “Are you the jealous type?” and she said, “If we are walking together, I don’t want you looking at other girls, and I don’t want other girls looking at you.” Yikes!

Some wise person once said, ‘it don’t matter where you work up your appetite, just so long as you eat at home’.

I totally agree with Tigerman …

But Quentin, the question is, have you talked to her about it???

and what did she say ???

[quote=“kyosaisho”]I totally agree with Tigerman …

But Quentin, the question is, have you talked to her about it???

and what did she say ???[/quote]

Read my post again. I did, and quoted what she said.

Nothin’ but love, Buttercup. Nothin’ but love.

Matt[/quote]

Relaying a message from Cup of Butter she says “Twat”
nowt to do with me like…

BTW, it appears that women gawk just as much at men’s packages as men gawk at women’s cleavage…if they are given something visible to gawk at. I’m going to have to start wearing spandex more often.

liveleak.com/view?i=b69_1180142561

OH SNAP SON!

Also- i remember my ex gf was wondering why i didn’t try to hold her hand on our first date. I’m not sure if i was shy at that time or if it was a cultural thing…

I am going on record as a hand holder. I do notice the clench gets harder when my eyes stray however. I doubt this is a uniquely Taiwanese phenomenon.

I like it when two young ladies hold hands in Taiwan out in public. When I first saw it, I was thinking, “Wow! Dykes are so open in Taiwan.”

Then after observing more of this behavior I came to the conclusion, “Half the women in Taiwan can’t be lesbians.”

You wouldn’t think that hanging out in a lot of the bars here. What is it about Taiwanese bargirls and lesbianism? One theory is that it’s one place where they can feel free to hang out and be themselves, which isn’t so acceptable in mainstream Taiwanese society. The other thing is that only a very small percentage of Taiwanese women drink, period; in Taiwan drinking is an almost exclusively male pursuit. Your average Taiwanese nice girl doesn’t hang out in bars. So 1 out of every 2 women you see in a bar in Taiwan are likely lesbians or at least bi-curious. It’s an interesting sociological phenomenon.