Holocaust Cartoon Contest in Iran

Ahhh… the sweet smell of hypocrisy.

It will be interesting to see Iran’s reaction after they have finished their “competition”, when there are no violent protests in the streets of western cities.

Holding this competion seems very infantile IMO. A more “mature” response would be to condemn the Mohammad cartoons and say that any good Muslim would never insult another persons religion.

The Muslim community needs an outspoken leader who speaks on behalf of the majority of muslims around the world who are against terrorism and violence and that can rally muslims around the world to fight against extremism.

edition.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiap … index.html

Wow, they are really setting themselves up for an embarrassment on this one. Okay, so after no one in the West marches or threatens people or kills people or burns down embassies, do we win? Do Muslims the world over say, “Oh, well then, I guess maybe we did over-react!”?

lol those Muslim protestors are so childish and those Danish rightwingers are so arrogant.

"
Lord when are they gonna get it!!!
"

“Help! My nose is stuck in this crack.”

[quote=“Namahottie”]

"
"
[/quote]
You mean give up on religious belief altogether and just get on with their lives? I agree with Hitchens when he says that “faith belongs to the spoiled and selfish childhood of our species.” However, I don’t see religious faith going the way of the do-do bird for another couple centuries, at least.

If ever?

[quote=“porcelainprincess”][quote=“Namahottie”]

"
"
[/quote]
You mean give up on religious belief altogether and just get on with their lives? I agree with Hitchens when he says that “faith belongs to the spoiled and selfish childhood of our species.” However, I don’t see religious faith going the way of the do-do bird for another couple centuries, at least.

If ever?[/quote]

No, I am being scarstic with this photo. Saying that they(jews) are praying for peace, but the haters aren’t getting the memo.

“97, 98, 99 and 100…OK, Ready or Not, Here we Come!”

“No, really guys. I already made plans for Easter.”

“goddamn! do you see that!”

“Always look on the bright side of life . . .”

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]
[/quote]

“Christ, I’m all out of rolling papers. Wait, we can use one of these rolled up ones here in this wall.”

All Monty Python should have been beheaded long ago.

“What did he say?”
“He said, ‘Blessed are the cheese makers!’”

[quote=“Namahottie”]

"
"
[/quote]

Nice photo. To me, it symbolizes one element of Judaism: the ability of the Orthodox elements to accept the existence of Reform elements.

Sadly, in Islam today, the extremists have the momentum. What the heck does the Holocaust have to do with the current situation? I suppose it’s a propaganda war in essence, and that they are going for what they consider a taboo image to attack.

I’ll be interested to see them (but as it’s a contest it will be even worse than the usual drivel). And I wonder how many newspapers in Islamic countries will publish them?

[quote=“TheGingerMan”][quote=“Namahottie”]

"
"
[/quote]

Nice photo. To me, it symbolizes one element of Judaism: the ability of the Orthodox elements to accept the existence of Reform elements.

[/quote]

Not by much. I saw a couple of those orthodox dudes almost beat the shit out of a Japanese tourist who took a picture of the Wailing Wall. And then there was that dude in the Tel Aviv airport who had his nose about an inch away from the wall because he couldn’t look at us “unclean” folks.

[quote=“Durins Bane”][quote=“TheGingerMan”][quote=“Namahottie”]

"
"
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not by much. I saw a couple of those orthodox dudes almost beat the shit out of a Japanese tourist who took a picture of the Wailing Wall. And then there was that dude in the Tel Aviv airport who had his nose about an inch away from the wall because he couldn’t look at us “unclean” folks.[/quote]

Point noted. I should have qualified my comment by suggesting Judaism as a whole, not only in Israel. Specifically in North America, where Reform Judaism has it’s modern roots.

My family spent a lot of money to help family members escape the Holocaust. They think the Holocaust is funny, want to make cartoons?
Where can I buy some of those funny prophet t-shirts and lamp shades
made from the skins of Muslims? Innocent Muslims, even better!

[quote=“Ma Ke”]My family spent a lot of money to help family members escape the Holocaust. They think the Holocaust is funny, want to make cartoons?
made from the skins of Muslims? Innocent Muslims, even better![/quote]
You have every right to be outraged. Does that mean they don’t have the right to have this contest? Would you ban Holocaust denial?
I wouldn’t.

[quote=“Ma Ke”]My family spent a lot of money to help family members escape the Holocaust. They think the Holocaust is funny, want to make cartoons?
made from the skins of Muslims? Innocent Muslims, even better![/quote]

I can’t wait to see the new Turkish film [i]Valley of the Wolves Iraq.[/i] Apparently it’s a hit with the Muslims.

[quote]
Billy Zane, Gary Busey star in Turkey’s most-expensive film ever

ISTANBUL, Turkey (AP) – In the most expensive Turkish movie ever made, American soldiers in Iraq crash a wedding and pump a little boy full of lead in front of his mother.

They kill dozens of innocent people with random machine-gun fire, shoot the groom in the head, and drag those left alive to Abu Ghraib prison – where a [color=red]Jewish doctor cuts out their organs[/color], which he sells to rich people in New York, London and Tel Aviv.[/quote]

cnn.com/2006/WORLD/europe/02 … cnn_latest

valleyofthewolvesiraq.com/high/main.html

Of course they have the right. The Holocaust was real! These silly radical Muslims need hobbies, beer can collecting, Rubik’s Cube, something. I am all for freedom of speech, their reaction to this cartoon crap is a slap in their own face.