Holocaust Cartoon Contest in Iran

Judaism isn’t also? That’s the core problem here. Two religions with no qualms about “going public” fighting over the same territory.

Oi vay! Only a fool would want to get caught up in the middle of that nightmare.

Judaism isn’t also? That’s the core problem here. Two religions with no qualms about “going public” fighting over the same territory.

Oi vay! Only a fool would want to get caught up in the middle of that nightmare.[/quote]

How many Jews do you think live in Kuta, Bali? How many Zionists in Southern Thailand? Were the schoolgirls recently beheaded in Sulawesi by Muslims actually Jewesses in disguise*? :unamused:

*Apologies to John Fred & His Playboy Band.

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]I can’t wait to see the new Turkish film [i]Valley of the Wolves Iraq.[/i] Apparently it’s a hit with the Muslims.
[/quote]

Here’s a sample review from IMB:

[quote]First of all, i have to say that The Turkish Team who produced “Valley of the Wolves” are so courageous… They bring the facts to light so that hoodwinked American community have to see the brutality of US army in Iraq from now on… WHAT A MAGICAL SOURCE THOSE OIL WELLS ARE!! WHAT A GREEDINESS!! Won’t you die American Capitalism? Are you immortal? NO… SO, what is this greediness for? U have no difference from animals, you live just by your animal instinct… Allah is not weak as Kerkuki says in the movie… If defeatists have a calculation, Allah makes the greatest strategy… Thanks to justice of Allah![/quote] :astonished:

Oi vay! Only a fool would want to get caught up in the middle of that nightmare.[/quote]

How many Jews do you think live in Kuta, Bali? How many Zionists in Southern Thailand? Were the schoolgirls recently beheaded in Sulawesi by Muslims actually Jewesses in disguise*? :unamused:

*Apologies to John Fred & His Playboy Band.[/quote]

The short answer to your question is, as usual, the same number of red herrings which can fit on the head of a pin.

The long answer to the question as to whether politicized Islam or politicized Judaism has spilled more blood in the name of God the Landlord, I’d say the record clearly shows that political Islam is the more vicious and blood-thirsty but Zionism prides itself in maintaining a 3-to-1 edge in body counts so I’m not sure it really matters in the big scheme of things.

[quote=“spook”]
The short answer to your question is, as usual, the same number of red herrings which can fit on the head of a pin.[/quote]

Tell it to the residents of Kuta.

Yep. Back to those Jooooooos.

:notworthy:

[quote=“Dragonbones”][quote=“Comrade Stalin”]I can’t wait to see the new Turkish film [i]Valley of the Wolves Iraq.[/i] Apparently it’s a hit with the Muslims.
[/quote]

Here’s a sample review from IMB:

Did you notice all the positive reviews on that site include praise to Allah.

Playing the anti-semitism card isn’t much better than anti-semitism itself in my book because it’s little more than a cynical attempt to cut off open and honest debate.

The same thing is happening on the other side of this clash of civilizations where their self-appointed imams are cynically cutting off any Muslim who questions whether mixing faith and guns is really such a good idea by playing the “traitor to Islam” card.

Only God can help us out of such an intractable mess at this point.

[quote=“Cola”]

{by the way, is the GOD of the Jews the same GOD of the Christians, and also the same GOD of the Muslims? I know they all call Him by the term GOD, but it seems to me they can’t all be GOD. Is Jesus GOD or just the son of God. Does Allah speak with a Yiddish accent? Is Yawyeh and Jehovah the same dude? See what all this Middle Eastern supernatural stuff has led us too today? ][/quote]

Let me ask God about his dialect when I see him. The rest is more easy to answer:

The Jewish Tora, I guess the most fundamental book of Jewism, is mostly identical with the Old Testimony of Christianity (I have read). This is logical, as Christianity originated from Jewism. Ancient jews grew up in Palistine,so they were Semitic (Semites are one of the Arabian tribe roots!), but have developed an early mono-theistic religion.
Where Jehova (speak Yawyeh) is the name of God which may not be spoken. That is why they throw that big stone on the guy in the Live of Brian.

Jesus was one of those anicent Jews (usualy not yet called Jews) having his own visions. Now if the ancient Jewish clerics would have followed him, there would be a different Jewism and Chirstianity today.

Instead the Jewish priesthood cooperated with the Romans I guess and Jesus’ claim to be God’s son was strongly rejected. This is the core of anti-semitism in Christianity.

Then Chirstianity spread around the world via Rome. The New Testimony finaly seperates Christians from Jews…

Now, there was this guy called Mohammed, who had contacts to Christian Sirian monks in Syria around the year 825 I guess. He was a sober noble man but one day had VISIONS IN A CAVE. Now that part leads to thinking what happened to him there. He then claimed to have had visions of God telling him to enforce Christianity with a WORDLY dimension to ENSURE the power of GOD ON EARTH.
Consequently the monks told him he could be roasted alive if he does not shut up (this is the cause of Christian hatred among Muslims).

Mohammed then wrote his Koran, mainly a guide to enfore HIM to power in Mekka and Medina as Calif (how to spell in ENglish) and how to enforce the rule of his new religion on earth (leading to world Califate).

Mohammed accepts Jesus as a slidly mislead prophet of God, no more.

Thus Mohammed was much more a politician than Jesus, because he really gained wordly power and the Koran is more a political book than the bible.

Mohammed spoke of the Old Testimony as a true book of God, but secondary to his Koran. The New Testimony was claimed to have been tampered with by over-reacting Jesus followers…

BobWiseAss

Ah that was a rethorical question. Um… never mind.

No wonder we are all in trouble if we took over a religion from PALESTINE. And we had Thor and Odin…

God is a metaphor
for a mystery
that completely transcends
all categories
of human thought.

The concept of “God” as a real thing is beyond our understanding as evolved monkeys.

[quote=“jdsmith”]God is a metaphor
for a mystery
that completely transcends
all categories
of human thought.

The concept of “God” as a real thing is beyond our understanding as evolved monkeys.[/quote]

The idea scares me that we evolved primates have invented God.

We will find out if the whole God thing was just an idea to spend the time not before the machine makes piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing ------------------------------------------------------------ (flat line)

Bob: Hello?

Bob: um…

Bob: Now listen, the nurse is already putting this piece of paper tag thing on my big toe. Now that would be the time for the universe to start this next life thing with me.

Bob: Hello?

Bob: God damned, can we start this shit now or…?
(oh shite, now I screwed it)

A student group overseas is sponsoring a cartoon contest to counter the comics competition in Iran.

According to the World Union of Jewish Students, ‘‘Fight Hate with Humor’’ is an effort to stand the Iranians on their heads. The Hamshahri daily launched a worldwide contest for cartoons that mock the Holocaust in response to the publication by European newspapers of cartoons portraying Mohammed.

[cartoonist Edward Margolis is sppnsoring the WUJS contest along with cartoonist Noah Crissey]

MORE HERE:
wujs.org.il/home/cartoon.php

Let me use this opportunity to stress that Iran is an old (ehem, that sounds familiar) culture, respected and envied throughout centuries. A high culture which kinda screwed up after the Shah regime or probably even with the Shah. Didn’t they have a democracy before? Let me google that up.

I have met a lot of Iran people, a lot called themselves Persians, usualy in Germany for not liking the Islamist regime. All decent fine people, from lazy to hyper active students, from sad to funny. All witty guys who often seemed sad what became of their country.

They are really at the bottom of the barrel now when it comes to style and dignity. So, from now on it can only get better.

Damned, go back to Zarathurstra! Ahura Mazda and stuff.

Ah yes, one Iranian colleague wants suggested to me to go to Iran with him to “meet a few girls and mess around” after I said something nasty about the Ayatollah. He had a funny glimbse in his eyes when he said that. Well, he is the exception :stuck_out_tongue:

I told him, Colonel Mehdi, you will not earn your promotion in the Revolutionary Guard with Ole Bob. :smiley:

BobWentToDomenicanRepInstead