Holy S*** I have HD sports! In English!

I have HD cable in Taipei, which up until now has been limited to 4 channels, one of which is sports but seemingly only carries Taiwanese baseball. Today I was delighted to see that I have a new channel, 125, which happened to be playing some HD NFL show produced by the NFL itself. I think I almost cried! Finally! American sports in Taiwan!! Unfortunately I’m still not really clear on exactly what this channel is.

Edit - I just noticed they’ve added HBO Hd now too - nicccccce. :slight_smile:

(now there’s a Fox Sports hockey game on in SD… The channel is labeled as Fox Sports Tennessee HD.)

I hate you.

Also, when can I come over? I’ll bring beer. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“drvelocity”]I have HD cable in Taipei, which up until now has been limited to 4 channels, one of which is sports but seemingly only carries Taiwanese baseball. Today I was delighted to see that I have a new channel, 125, which happened to be playing some HD NFL show produced by the NFL itself. I think I almost cried! Finally! American sports in Taiwan!! Unfortunately I’m still not really clear on exactly what this channel is.

(now there’s a Fox Sports hockey game on in SD… The channel is labeled as Fox Sports Tennessee HD.)[/quote]

cable company name please…

The cable company is “Kbro” - I found the news of this newest channel on their site here:

kbro.com.tw/News/n_adver.aspx?B=1

It looks like the sports channel is a compilation of various satellite broadcasts, I’m not seeing much in the way of information regarding exactly how they choose their programming. I’ll take what I can get though.

[quote=“drvelocity”]I have HD cable in Taipei, which up until now has been limited to 4 channels, one of which is sports but seemingly only carries Taiwanese baseball. Today I was delighted to see that I have a new channel, 125, which happened to be playing some HD NFL show produced by the NFL itself. I think I almost cried! Finally! American sports in Taiwan!! Unfortunately I’m still not really clear on exactly what this channel is.

(now there’s a Fox Sports hockey game on in SD… The channel is labeled as Fox Sports Tennessee HD.)[/quote]

It’s All Sports Network which I have had for about 2 years, in Taiwan.

The ASN website is linked below with schedules. Tavern, Carnegies, On Tap and some other Bars have this as well.

asn.tv/eng/about.html

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

We just started getting it in Jhong he this month too, through BBTV.

[quote=“drvelocity”]The cable company is “Kbro” - I found the news of this newest channel on their site here:

It looks like the sports channel is a compilation of various satellite broadcasts, I’m not seeing much in the way of information regarding exactly how they choose their programming. I’ll take what I can get though.[/quote]
Looks nice, do they have football, like premiere league or Spanish league?

No, it’s practically 100% American Sports only. NFL, NHL and Nascar are their biggest tickets. There is some college football (American football) coverage, too.

[quote=“igorveni”][quote=“drvelocity”]The cable company is “Kbro” - I found the news of this newest channel on their site here:

It looks like the sports channel is a compilation of various satellite broadcasts, I’m not seeing much in the way of information regarding exactly how they choose their programming. I’ll take what I can get though.[/quote]
Looks nice, do they have football, like premiere league or Spanish league?[/quote]

NO, but we have every live EPL Game, and some Spanish and Italian and German and Dutch football and Champions League games on our services.

You could put up the DSTV South Aftrican satellite package they carry most a lot but not all of the EPL and Spanish football.

But I think you prefer p2p streams

Sounds like Kbro time.

Sounds like Kbro time.[/quote]

A little bit of everything but not much of Nascar, I get the Nascar from ESPN DSTV live. Which is ok sometimes as it’s on live in the morning.

Well, they had some race from Charlotte, NC or somewhere on this morning after the Kings/Stars game.

Schedule info is here: asn.tv/eng/scheduling2.php

Edit: Tempo, if you do go for it, be sure to ask kbro that it is permanent. They ran ASN for about 4 months last spring and then it disappeared over the summer. The ASN rep in TW seems to say it’s permanent this time, but check with the cable company to make sure.

Thanks, I’ve been meaning to get it set up sooner or later anyway though.

Yeah, I got it originally for Star World and Bloomberg, so having ASN now is a bonus.

[quote=“citizen k”]Well, they had some race from Charlotte, NC or somewhere on this morning after the Kings/Stars game.

Schedule info is here: asn.tv/eng/scheduling2.php

Edit: Tempo, if you do go for it, be sure to ask kbro that it is permanent. They ran ASN for about 4 months last spring and then it disappeared over the summer. The ASN rep in TW seems to say it’s permanent this time, but check with the cable company to make sure.[/quote]

No Broadcaster offers to guarantee it’s permanent. it could go off at any time. KBRO is simply rebroadcasting another campany’s channel. These individual channel operators come and go and content can change at anytime. So what you may have today is gone tomorrow. I for instance have AXN Beyond which is another good channel not broadcast in Taiwan. The ASN rep I spoke with about setting up the Brass Monkey a short time ago telling me about this new channel which has not been seen in Taiwan before.

He was stunned to find out I have had it already for 2 years already hahahaha

Hi def Hockey?

Ok, now I have to buy a television.

Steelers & Vikings on right now; Brett Favre never looked so good! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up guys! I had this and didn’t even know it! :doh:

I haven’t used my cable-box extra in recent weeks and didn’t know Kbro (Jyn-Ping Cable) added some North American sports to the offering. Lovely!
Now it’s time to get a better TV.

Is there only 2 HD channel on Kbro HBO and ASN? or are they any others?

Their website is listed why dont you check it out and cal them