😷 COVID - Taiwan | Home Quarantine

Questions

I am helping a pal coming back to Taiwan and there are of course several options, but I have questions:

Will they ask for a contract in the affidavit you must full out? My pal is abroad, obviously a bit difficult to sign a contract … Or a statement that only you live there is enough?

Place is first floor. That means that when he opens the door to get his food from delivery, he’d be stepping out into the street. Would that be problematic?

Is it possible to extend my wifi all the way to the first floor?

No…well Yes, but not practical and expensive if you are more than one storey above. And concrete really hinders signal and you don’t really wanna buy hundred metre Ethernet cables to drop down to his window to set up an access point for someone in quarantine. But the SIM cards with unlimited Internet are extremely cheap.

Maybe you can even just go to Taiwan Star or something and ask for a ‘test’ card and drop it in his mailbox. Many carriers give test cards that people use to check out if their place gets a good connection.

It’s unlimited for at least a week or two.

1 Like

Well, I got the idea from.the previous neighbor who wanted to share Internet. It is just one floor down.

He’s already got a Taiwan SIM. And his technological skills are worse than mine, which is quite a feat.

I would prefer to throw the man in a hotel, actually…but, and here comes another question:

Does anyone have experience coming in with pets? Cats must go one week quarantine. So the guy would be in quarantine one week longer than the cat. I could pick it up from Taoyuan, no biggie, but could the cats then spend the rest of the quarantine with him? Or better with my gang here? Or a pet hotel? Choices, choices…

LOL. People have this perception of quarantine that’s so different from reality.

AFAIK this is done at Immigration in Taiwan. I had a friend go through in the last 72 hours and he wasn’t asked for anything at the airport, but I’ll try and find out more.

I guess they will use some way to verify that yes, he is going there… And it is not an Airbnb.

I signed a form written in Chinese, after the customs officer checked my home address/ place of stay on my arrivals card with the information I had previously filled out online. She asked me a few more questions like how long do I plan to live there and my phone number, took my photo and fingerprints then I was on my way.

1 Like

If he fills out the form online, the no. I don’t know how it is done if you do it on arrival.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I’m hoping to get some clarification on the new quarantine restrictions (Jan 15, 2021). My wife and I have a family home in Taiwan where we would like to quarantine. However, in the new quarantine regulations, it says that only one person can be in each residence. Does this mean we would need to stay in separate homes? Or can quarantine in the same apartment? I’ve seen conflicting information in different places.

If you travel together, there is no non-quarantine member in the place, and a room and bathroom for each person, then you can do quarantine at your place together.

The CECC stated that it would tighten home quarantine measures for travelers entering Taiwan starting from January 15, 2021. If the inbound travelers choose to undergo quarantine at home shall make an affidavit to declare they have met the requirement of one person per residence.

Q3.Can inbound travelers who lived together overseas before entry into Taiwan undergo home quarantine in the same residence?
A2: They can undergo quarantine together if there aren’t other persons living in the residence. They can undergo home quarantine in a separate room (including a separate bathroom) in the same residence.

Q45.110年1月15日起入境居家檢疫對象,若家中有非居家檢疫對象,則必須在防疫旅宿進行居家檢疫相關問答輯
New

Q6.若家中無非居家檢疫對象,我與一起入境之居家檢疫家屬/同住者,若同一戶,可否在家中不同之獨立專用房間(含衛浴設備)進行居家檢疫嗎?
A6:若同為一起入境之居家檢疫對象,且家中無非居家檢疫對象,則可於同一戶家中之獨立專用房間(含衛浴設備)1人1室進行居家檢疫。

3 Likes

Thank you! It feels like some info gets left out in the translations I’ve read. This clarifies things a lot!

I might have to fly to Nebraska next month to attend a top secret clown association meeting. Once I get back to Taiwan, do I have to quarantine at the Taichung address stated on my APRC or can I quarantine at my rooftop residence in Taipei?

Would just like to know if there is a firm requirement, in which case I’d have to visit immigration before leaving to update my address.

2 Likes

I don’t have an answer to your question, but just update the quarantine regulation and entry restrictions here.

Don’t know if the right thread to post. But is it allowed for someone who is quarantining in their apartment to go out to the apartment building main door to get the delivered food?

Didn’t some one get a fine for going out off their room, I don’t think they are aloud to leave the apartment nevermind down to the main door

My neighbours just came from abroad, quarantining only for a day and already active. F***in irresponsible. I don’t want to snitch on them. Probably I’ll just send them a message no to leave anymore.

Why not?

4 Likes

Seconded

2 Likes

XD I don’t want them to be harshly punished it’s couple hundred thousands, isn’t it? Also, if I snitch probably won’t be snitching, they’ll tell them who’s the snitch.

Your apartment security should be all over this, they are putting everyone at risk.

1 Like