HONDA Cr-V or NISSAn X-TRAIL. What is better

No go for Camry or Accord, as not safe enough vs my previous German car. Besides, Camry is a mostly a Taxi… :s
I want a car to “see” what is happening at least 3 cars in front of me, so I will go for a MPV or CR-V alike model.

Honda CR-V seems to be very popular, but I have no idea about the new Nissan as I do not know anybody who is driving it, or never had a Japanese car in my life…

Oh yes; I will not pay the gazoil…

It is all about Safety and convinience (and not increasing too much the toxic smog … but that one is for an other debate :sunglasses: )

Suggestions?

TX f’ ya replies !

[quote=“ceevee369”]No go for Camry or Accord, as not safe enough vs my previous German car. Besides, Camry is a mostly a Taxi… :s
I want a car to “see” what is happening at least 3 cars in front of me, so I will go for a MPV or CR-V alike model.

Honda CR-V seems to be very popular, but I have no idea about the new Nissan as I do not know anybody who is driving it, or never had a Japanese car in my life…

Oh yes; I will not pay the gazoil…

It is all about Safety and convinience (and not increasing too much the toxic smog … but that one is for an other debate :sunglasses: )

Suggestions?

TX f’ ya replies ![/quote]

BMW X5

The CR-V gets the best mileage in its class. From what I heard. Hope it’s true cause I own one.

They came up with another option : Ford ESCAPE ?? Made by Mazda it seems?

HEY X5 !! Good idea, but I do not install sat dishes :wink:

I had the first model of CR-V that was issued in the Sates, the '98.

Overall it was a good car.
it is very nimble, and the newer models i bet have more power at least enough to get around slow-ass black mercedes. I remember the seats being a little uncomforable: stiff with the fabric that attempts to mold you to the seat instead of the other way around…
I choose it over the Honda Passport, which is heavier and drives more like a truck.

My sister is driving it now and its been great for her in downtown Seattle.
good luck

[quote=“overtheborder”]I choose it over the Honda Passport, which is heavier and drives more like a truck.
[/quote]

The Passport is a rebadged Izusu Rodeo…It drives like a truck becuase it is a truck.

One thing about the Nissan X-trail I find really annoying is the position of the center console. Your right leg (at least mine) rubs up against it and is very uncomfortable.

So, you are down to 3 choices: the CRV, X-trail, and the Escape. The escape is the smallest of the three, the X-trail the largest, and the CRV probably enjoys the best resale value. Are you looking for the 2 wheel or All-wheel drive models?

It will depend of the price, but I prefer a 4WD, which is more fun.
Most important point is safety, as we will travel around a lot with our baby-son…Second is “value for money”.
I prefer the line of the X-trail, but have no idea about performance vs.the CRV.
Ford is no longer in the wish-list as I heard there is more Mazda inside, and these are not so advanced on 4WD motors…

“Choose a car” they said in my company…and handed me over 4 leaflets…but no idea what the budget is.

pfff, cars are indeed men’s toys no?

[quote]“Choose a car” they said in my company…and handed me over 4 leaflets…but no idea what the budget is.
[/quote]
Its a no-brainer – choose the most expensive one, of course!

HAHA, of course I will. But this guy is supposed to be head of Human resources…
Nice guy, went to the dealers to get me brochures.
When I asked him what IF the car would be to expensive, he replied;
Oh, no problem we choose a less expensive one.HAHA ! great…

Djee-zus, I will be here for 2-3 years. Will I have to deal with this “no problemo” style always? Amazing, realy amazing…

NR1 choicewill be the 2.5 liter 4WD NissanX-trail at almost a mil. NT :blush:
Way above the price of a Camry, but maybe the depriciation price will be higher…

Second option is the complete EX CR-V version… Seems to be a great car also.

do they sell the CRV and X-Trail in your home country? I imagine they do, so why not check the motoring sites back home and read some reviews. This will help with the decision making process.

do you get to keep the $ after you leave Taiwan and sell the car?

It will be the Ford Escape due to more space inside and more fitting design.
Nope, it is a leased car, so no $ for me when I leave.

Versions from Taiwan are not comparable with those in Belgium.
A Nissan X-trail here is 2.5 liter with all options at 950.000 NT
The Nissan in Belgium is only 2.0 , without options at the same price.

As with a lot of things, you need some luck with a car, and hopeing it is not made on a Monday after Chinese New Year or other “drinking” days… :unamused:

I recently purchased a Ford Escape, having been through the same selection criteria.

Whilst it is a personal thing, i did not like the styling of the X-trail. The CR-V was ok styling wise, though not brilliant, and as a pure town car would be the better choice, but i wanted something that would take a little punishment off road as well. Although the Escape is not a real off roader, it is the better of the three, and actually has a more usuable cargo space than the others. The Honda is quite narrow at the back and tapers in as it goes up, the Escape was more square.

The CR-V as well as the X-Trail have suspension not really suited to off roading, and the style of the interior for the Fors was to my view vastly superior, both to those two and the Mazda Tribute which we also looked at.

CV, if you are a relatively tall person ie 6’0" and over then check the engine size you will be getting, if the smaller 2.3 version, you need to check the seats, i found that with the seat at its lowest setting the steering wheel was rubbing against my legs and just not in the right position, if the 3.0 version then the problem goes away.

I was 99% sold on the Escape until I saw the interior… bland beige and way too much faux wood. Shame as they are a nice car

AWOL, the others in terms of seat colour etc are the same, and the faux wood is even worse, canot remember which possibly the X-Trail, is almost an orange colour.

My buddy has an X-Trail, and I honestly think that if I threw up all over the interior it would be an improvement. None of the three cars you mention is of any more use than a typical sedan off-road, so just go for the most useful cargo space.
Oh, but if cargo space were the key factor the Toyota Wish would have all the above beaten hands down, not to mention it’s only about 740k (2.0E).

OP could also search on ‘SUV’ as this topic has been kicked around at length before.

Hsiadogah, looked at the Wish when i got my Escape, not bad apart from ground clearance, i do need the extra the Escape gives me, but more important was the cargo capacity and ability. The Wish has one major problem, the seat fabric on the back seats goes right round to the back, with no additional cover, it would get ripped to shreds in no time, for me it was a major put off, plus i found it to small.

Whilst not true off roaders, they are more capable than most people give credit for, and way more than your typical sedan

[quote=“ceevee369”]
NR1 choicewill be the 2.5 liter 4WD NissanX-trail at almost a mil. NT :blush:[/quote]Waitaminnit. You could get a Subaru Forester for just a little over the million mark. Wipes the floor with any of your other choices, and the used ones I see in the market have kept their value very well.

I did a test drive with the 2.5 X Trail and the CR_V.

CR-V is no longer in the list. Looks crappy compared with my previous car.

The X-trail has a comfortable suspension, nice fitting seats, power and a certain “luxury”.

For passengers on the back, there is not much space between head and roof.
Sight on the front is a bit limited
Cargo space is not as big as I thought.

At 4PM, I’ll drive the Ford Escape…

Keep you posted.

Somewhere, I hoped to find among the 3 cars some similarities of German

[quote=“ceevee369”]
And the bikes on the road are more impressed by this monster, giving me more space [/quote]You should have said that was what you were after. In light of the revised specifications, I’d recommend the following:

Blue 2.5 tonne flatbed truck.
Any mid-size sedan, preferably about 5 years old, with battle scars (must be yellow in color).

Perhaps you could explain why it is that you deserve more space on the road than everyone else?