"Honey, do you think I look fat?"

“Honey, do you think I look fat?”

::smirk::

Guys–

1 - what do you say/do to avoid or play off the obvious backlash of answering an outright Yes to such a question?

2 - what do you do if/when you want to tell your girl she’s getting a little pudgy and you think she should start to exercise a little dietary control?

Girls–

1 - what kind of things has your SO said or done in that situation that were either endearing or completely stupid?

2 - what does/has your SO done in the past to hint they think you’re getting a little heavy?

To both, has this really been much of a major conflict in any relationship for you? And if so, how were you able to deal with it?

Turn it on yourself (if possible, unless you are a total stringbean)…

you: “I think I have been putting a few on recently and would like to work harder at exercising to work it off…would you like to join me in a workout regimend?”

Or, if you really don’t need to work off any pounds, you can still ask her to join you in an exercise regimend just to keep fit. Working on it together is more encouraging, and she may start to self-reflect more if you are, too.

Yes, or no, as the case may be.

If you can’t handle the truth, don’t ask the freakin’ question. Why am I so blunt? Because even if I say no, chances are she’ll find some way to twist it in her mind so that it’s a yes, so I might as well just say yes and get it over with.

Say “No” and bend her over. Or say “No” and go to the store, come back, and bend her over. Or say “You have a beatiful ass”. If it is too big for your tastes, I guess you could leave her, but it could be at the point where you’re with her forever and you’re and you’re better off saying “no”.

“I love you just the way you are”, “I haven’t noticed”, etc. will just raise questions.

Whatever you do, don’t moo at her.

Don’t be stupid. She KNOWS she is getting fat. Tell her no. Tell her she looks fine. But then next time she starts scarfing down the doughnuts, say “Baby, I think you look great. But you are worried about your weight maybe you should only have one doughnut”

I suppose that would maybe be a better thing to say. Maybe if you just kept tellin’ her to bend over and pumpin away ‘cause you love what you see would just fool her into thinkin’ that she could get bigger and bigger.

Then you’d end up with the Titanic.

Moo.

[quote=“SuchAFob”]
But you are worried about your weight maybe you should only have one doughnut"[/quote]

If you really love her, tell her the truth. “Yes, I think you look fat, now put down the freakin’ donut and eat an apple.” Or words to that effect.

I must be cruel only to be kind
— Hamlet, Prince of Denmark

When I was losing weight, my wife always told me I look fine, but that I’d be better off (i.e. healthier) without that extra beer or cookie.

That worked very well for me.

[quote=“Dr_Zoidberg”]
If you really love her, tell her the truth. “Yes, I think you look fat, now put down the freakin’ donut and eat an apple.” Or words to that effect.

I must be cruel only to be kind
— Hamlet, Prince of Denmark[/quote]
No. If you really love her you don’t want her to feel insecure about you seeing her naked…

or naked and chomping on a freakin apple.

This question is pure Zen. The best answer is Mu!

This question is pure Zen. The best answer is Mu![/quote]

Answer a Zen question with another Zen question?

Wife: “Honey, do you think I look fat?”

Hubby: “What is the souind of one hand clapping?”

Yeah “uh… oh” is the right comment on that situation. This IS a very difficult question! And very dangerous to answer. 99% of all women (ok I don

Holy shit, what year are we living in? Women still ask this question? If you need to ask your partner this question, maybe you are too immature to be having a romantic relationship with anyone. My girlfriend asked me once if her pants made her look fat and I said no, it was her ass that made her look fat.

What a dumbass question, are you serious, OP? Shit, I feel like I fell into a time warp to Hicktown USA where everyone has a fat ass but wear black cuz “it’s more slimming.”

You should know when you’re fat. If you need to ask someone if you look fat, you have major security issues. A man at the gym said I was “chubby” once. I laughed and told him I thought that was funny. People, don’t let anyone’s comment about you being fat ruin your day. You think it’s worth it? So what if you’re fat. If you are, then do something about it. People shouldn’t need to lie about the fact that you are fat to make you feel better.

Guys, do you wonder why your other half does this? Are they also the kind of women who stare other women up and down and refuse to comment on the attractiveness of a woman?

Woman who do this, it’s pathetic and embarrassing to all womenkind when you ask dumbass questions like this. Get a grip on yourselves.

***I hope this thread was in jest. :laughing:

What exactly do you mean by fat? "Cos me personally, I like a nice round ass. Definitely bigger than what the average Taiwanese guy likes. So generally here, if my SO asks me if she’s fat I say, “No. Here, have another donut…”

A woman should be rounded and soft and cuddly IMHO. Different strokes for different folks. But if she did get fat by my estimation I would be honest, as long as she didn’t take it to the extreme and became a stick insect…

I seriously have to say, Well said 914, :notworthy: :notworthy:

Women really need to be more confident in themselves, this is coming from a very insecure person, but i’m trying.

914 you are my new hero :rainbow:

That’s why I have Sir-Mix-A-Lot’s “Baby Got Back” in my playlist. Hear the question, play the song.

[quote=“Dr_Zoidberg”]Wife: “Honey, do you think I look fat?”

Hubby: “What is the sound of one hand clapping?”[/quote]

Wife: “Spanking again! Kinky, kinky!!!” :yay:

Hand-meets-ass.

Topic closed.

Games