Hooking up on Forumosa

And yes, they are married or being taken.

To which Wolf would surely reply: “There’s a difference?” :wink:

To which Wolf would surely reply: “There’s a difference?” :wink:[/quote]

I’m sure that you and Wolf are buddies. :smiley:

I’m sure that you and Wolf are buddies. :smiley:[/quote]
:wink: But I’m the better-looking one.

:wink: But I’m the better-looking one.[/quote]

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: To quote from your own words and what Wolf would reply" there’s a difference?"
And again to quote from my own " what’s the difference if most men from the forum are married or taken"! :rainbow:

:wink: But I’m the better-looking one.[/quote]

I know of at least one Forumosan female who’d disagree with you on that.

:wink:

[quote=“sandman”]:wink: But I’m the better-looking one.[/quote]I agree, I’ve met you, and I don’t see how Wolf can be any uglier.

Wouldn’t the poll be better along the lines of ?
I’m a man and I would use it
I’m a woman and I would use it

Won’t be much fun if it was lopsided, and I agree with Imaniou that it would be nice if there was a way to use it anonymously. Could always register a new username, I suppose. I’m off to register “SexyWellHungDude”

Alleycat wrote:

Is that the woman with the short hair and the very big rolling pin?

[quote=“wolf_reinhold”]Alleycat wrote:

Is that the woman with the short hair and the very big rolling pin?[/quote]

She has short hair but she avoids the kitchen at all costs.

How’s this for starters?

[quote=“SexyWellHungDude”]How’s this for starters?

Ah, Brown Ale is back! Differnt moniker, same message.

i fink people are missing two important points regarding this thingy:

pont de premier; yes forumosa might be 90% male. but so is tealit. these classifieds would (hopefully) attract all the xiaojie’s out there looking for foreign BF’s, casual dates language exchanges etc. it wouldnt mean they’d start posting however. obviously it wouldnt be much use if only regular posters used it. and of course one hopes it could be of service to some of our single females too!

point 2; yes most of us may be in relationships but let’s face it a lot of people use personal classifieds to get some OPP; i’m not saying this is a good thing :wink: it’s just the way the world is.

oh and yes i agree we’d need to use “secret” handles (and BFM isnt allowed to look and see who we really are!)

of course i wouldnt use the personals myself except to find a chess partner

Ah yes, the old Bishop and Queen routine. Haven’t done that one in ages. :bravo:

Actually, I think this question has to do with the ‘direction’ of the site. Where are we going with this?

If forumosa personals are to be successful then I don’t think it’s going to be by hooking up members of the foreign community with each other. We can get together anyway by getting to know each other online, and the numbers are probably too small in any case. There would need to be more Taiwanese participation in the site.

As I mentioned earlier, drawing attention to ourselves to bring in the XiaoJies will probably result in us being swamped with eager young things keen to practise their english. Is this what we want?

Is one option to start a chinese-language forum? Not a learning chinese forum, but one where it is required that you post in chinese. This would allow our more lingually-gifted members to exercise their skills, and allow non-native speakers to join the community more easily.

It would allow forumosa to grow without seriously changing the character of the site. And it would make it easier to get laid!!

Anonymousity is a mustitude for personals too. No one will reply to mine if they know it’s me, except for Southpaw.

Hear, hear.
:s

Oh yes, and Imani of course.