Horny Foreign Straight Men - This Is Your Lucky Day

This headline in today’s Taipei Times: “One in four brides last year came from abroad.” That means the ratio of women to men in Taiwan just got better… for men. If this trend continues, within a decade there could be 12, or even 15, women, for every man…

If you are talking about import-brides how can I consider myself lucky?

Taiwanese women have evidently become more choosy, leaving the men to look abroad.

You, being not such a bad-looking looking bloke, will then have even more chance of landing a local lass.

According to the article, it might not be that Taiwanese women have become more choosy, but that Taiwanese men have:

“Another reason for the rise in foreign spouses could be the increasing independence of Taiwanese women, which for some makes them less appealing as wives.”

“‘Taiwanese girls of the younger generation are too wild and lack loyalty to their husbands,’ said a 26-year-old taxi driver in Taipei. 'Foreign girls from Southeast Asia and China are more submissive.”

Said one businessman: “I’ve been married to seven different Taiwanese women and none of them can compare to the beautiful Vietnamese bride that I picked up for NT$15,000 on my two-day whirlwind trip to Saigon. She never talks back and she’s a real whiz in the kitchen, whipping up all kinds of lemongrass-based dishes.”

[Okay, I admit it, I made up the last paragraph to add a bit of flavor to the post.]

[quote=“Taxi Guy”]‘Taiwanese girls of the younger generation are too wild and lack loyalty to their husbands,’ [/quote]This is very good news for us horny foreigners.

[quote]“Foreign girls from Southeast Asia and China are more submissive.” [/quote]Also good news if you’re into that sort of thing.

I suspect these figures hide the fact that many SEA women being imported as “brides” are actually destined to work in KTVs etc., and as such this is not an indication that Taiwanese men are rejecting local women.

whatever the reason it’s a fairly frightening stat. and sure to give rise to lots of “rivers of blood” type speeches in the leg. yuan…these taiwanese get real nervous bout letting “foreigners” into their country…in fact there was a news conference 2 weeks ago where some dickhead complained that a lot of taiwanese men were being exploited by vietnamese brides who were marrying just to get hold of a “green card”…the poor souls; who would have thought a woman marrying for NT15,000 was not doing it out of love!

sorry correct price should be NT$300,000 to 500,000 according the the china post

Wanna date me? :smiley: :wink: :smiley:

Bear, I just made the NT$15,000 figure up. I’m sure it’s slightly higher.

Just wait, there will be some high-profile murder case in the near future, featuring a foreign bride and her Taiwan hubby, and that’ll be portrayed as proof to all of the evil of such unions.

For the umpteenth time, I AM A MAN. :sunglasses:

I am not a local lass, however might I seem like a pyscho shiao jie on occasion.

I’m really going to have to take you out and get you fixed up. I’d recommend one of the wife’s friends but trust me, you just don’t want to go there.

Welcome to 1960s England, with Taiwanese Characteristics.

The best part of the article is a quote from a Ministry of the Interior official: “if the mothers cannot speak Mandarin, how can the children learn from them.”

Duh, how about from the father or from their classmates or almost anyone else in Taiwan?

Or, maybe he means that babies in Taiwan start speaking Mandarin right out of the womb and won’t under their Vietnamese mother.

Who knows?

Why is that?

They’re boring as hell and ugly to boot. And I know you’re picky.

Not picky, I just have a good taste. :sunglasses:

Considering how much Taiwanese men dislike seeing local ladies who go out with foreign men (I’ve had several Taiwanese jerks warn me to stay away from their women, and I’ve had female friends of mine called whores just because they were standing next to me or talking to me), I wonder how they resolve the obvious hypocracy behind dating/marrying foreign women.

I guess it’s alright because a Taiwanese guy pays damn good money for his foreign woman… not at all like us foreign men, who ‘steal’ Taiwanese women. :x

[quote=“HakkaSonic”]The best part of the article is a quote from a Ministry of the Interior official: “if the mothers cannot speak Mandarin, how can the children learn from them.”

Duh, how about from the father or from their classmates or almost anyone else in Taiwan?

Or, maybe he means that babies in Taiwan start speaking Mandarin right out of the womb and won’t under their Vietnamese mother.

Who knows?[/quote]

Outside of Taipei, I thought, people didn’t speak Mandarin till they went to school, anyway. They speak Taiwanese or Hakka.

And what do the women do? The only time I’ve seen a woman insulted for talking to me (this was in Taipei), she gave as good as she got back to the old Taiwanese fella, and then some.