Horrible dating experiences in Taiwan

[quote=“nalayu”]To be honest… I had quite some fun reading this post that I have decided to register.
As a Taiwanese guy who grew up in the US, let me give you my take.

From the profile picture, I have to admit, you are a gorgeous looking girl.
However, your appearance and make up would attract mostly “players” here in Taiwan.
From what you have described… you aren’t interested in those who goes clubbing and all that.
In that case, for you to show your interest to those so called “home-boy” or “Otaku” or “Jai Nan”
they would totally be scared as you are not the type they are looking for!
They usually like the home-girl type… this is just from my observation and my opinion.

I actually know a few guys that falls into your category including myself… so I can’t imagine it being too hard…
Don’t give up on Taiwanese guys yet![/quote]

Thank’s hun :notworthy: you gave me my hope back, right there!

I would be surprised of the keyboards are not being burned out right now with PMs. Get a room you two.

:slight_smile:

hahaha… you guys and gals are funny…

I’m just suggesting there are many out there for Tina
Don’t give up on Taiwanese guys, XD

Where are the PM’s? =P

Private Message. Check the upper right corner of the window.

Private Message. Check the upper right corner of the window.[/quote]

LOL… I know what PM is!! I am just saying I have yet got any…

I was so just kidding!

Thanks, Jaboney. :roflmao:

I would think the possibility of finding the right description guy will be hard.

1. good English

2. Not playboy type

3. Has free time
    4 Tall

4. For someone to be fluent in english, that person somehow need to study/work aboard for minimum 5 years. This means, the person is usually from financially well families

5. Unfortunately, person with $$$ has higher chance to be a player as some girls just throw themselves at these guys.

6. TW has long work hour environment. Usual daily work hrs is like 10 hours. Few gets the luxury to have jobs with 9-5 jobs.

7. Well, not a major issue, but chance is further limited with already tough requirements.

In summary, even it looks tough, consider there are 4 million people in greater TPE area. There should still be plenty of guy fitting the description. Just need to expose yourself more to the “correct market”

PS, many TW guys can be “less experienced” when it comes to approach girls. Maybe they were just shy and lack of confidence. If they see a “target” beyond their “reach”, they probably wont’ even bother trying.

Don’t do that, it looks desperate.

I think people need to focus on bettering themselves first and foremost. For me, relationships have to take a rest for awhile until I figure out where my life is heading…I don’t think it would be fair to bring anyone else into the chaos.

I would say to the OP that focus on who you are and where your life is headed, what you need to do to be comfortable/content/happy being ALONE for awhile. Too many women feel that they “need” a man to be happy…we really do have to learn to be happy with ourselves before we can truly be happy with anyone else. This goes for men as well.

Maybe we aren’t ready for relationships until we have conquered the despair in loneliness…until we come to see that loneliness can be a friend and a teacher.

Don’t do that, it looks desperate.[/quote]

Maybe I should rephrase the sentence. I meant to say “make yourself present at correct market”.

“not expose your body” by wearing little :whistle:

While that may often be true, it is not necessary. Some of the local SO’s of Forumosans have never studied or worked abroad, are not from rich families, and yet have surprisingly good English. They merely need to be bright, interested in English, and motivated to study.

+1 for Dragonbones on this one
It’s also a matter on how good you are at learning laungages in general, but it does of course help having spent at least some time abroad in a country where whatever language you’re trying to learn is the native language.

[/quote]

I have never worked or studied abroad (except Taiwan, been here for a year), and I’m still quite fluent in english and I’ve met some taiwanese students with excellent english too :wink:

[quote=“Skyfae”]I think people need to focus on bettering themselves first and foremost. For me, relationships have to take a rest for awhile until I figure out where my life is heading…I don’t think it would be fair to bring anyone else into the chaos.

I would say to the OP that focus on who you are and where your life is headed, what you need to do to be comfortable/content/happy being ALONE for awhile. Too many women feel that they “need” a man to be happy…we really do have to learn to be happy with ourselves before we can truly be happy with anyone else. This goes for men as well.

Maybe we aren’t ready for relationships until we have conquered the despair in loneliness…until we come to see that loneliness can be a friend and a teacher.[/quote]

I don’t agree with the “figure out where my life is heading”-thing because I’ve known that for years, but I like the rest of it. Actually I have always had boyfriends, and I’m used to getting the guys I want. My Taiwan-dating-experience is very useful for me, because now I’m in a situation were I don’t get what I want. I have to learn how to manage without men, and it’s actually quite nice. Okey, it’s frustrating, but it feels like this is a good thing for me.

I don’t mind being lonely, I mind being rejected. I’ll try to become friends with the guys from now on, and just drop the flirty attitude.

[quote=“tina109”]

I have never worked or studied abroad (except Taiwan, been here for a year), and I’m still quite fluent in english and I’ve met some taiwanese students with excellent english too :wink:[/quote]

You aren’t a native Chinese speaker, though.

Oh my god…

I am having the exactully the opposite experience to you.

I am having trouble finding a nice Canadian/American/Aussie chicks in Taichung/Dali. I don’t look taiwanese (even though I am 100% Made in Taiwan) and people said my chinese sound Japanese and my english sounds like Aussie so why can’t I find a nice non Asian chicks around here. I don’t smoke, nor drink and most guys out there drink and smoke and chicks dig them. Maybe I should go back to Australia…

(No body likes vegimites or wittchy grubs, but everbody loves hot dogs.)

PM Daisyhotkiss pronto :slight_smile:

tina, there probably isn’t anything terribly mysterious going on. For a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with your worth, and certainly nothing to do with your looks, local men aren’t connecting with you. It happens. I’m a good looking man, tall, fit, creative, blah blah blah, but in California I couldn’t get a date unless I was willing to go gay. Sweden, or at least Göteborg, no problem.

Hang in there and hope for the best and try not to let your lack of success translate into a lowered self-esteem. You are no better or worse a person now than you were in your last locale when men asked you out on dates,

[quote=“Mucha Man”]tina, there probably isn’t anything terribly mysterious going on. For a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with your worth, and certainly nothing to do with your looks, local men aren’t connecting with you. It happens. I’m a good looking man, tall, fit, creative, blah blah blah, but in California I couldn’t get a date unless I was willing to go gay. Sweden, or at least Göteborg, no problem.

Hang in there and hope for the best and try not to let your lack of success translate into a lowered self-esteem. You are no better or worse a person now than you were in your last locale when men asked you out on dates,[/quote]

thank you :slight_smile: I think it’s a combination of my exotic look and my lack of chinese skills. If they could communicate with me in their own language they would realize that I’m a person and not just a “barbiedoll”.

Yeah I’m pretty handsome if I do say so myself but I just never connected to Taiwanese chicks romantically, in the year that I gave it a go. I had much better luck in Toronto…the girls here don’t dig me as much (and vice versa). Which is fine but it really sucked dating-wise before I met my GF (not Taiwanese).

There’s a language/culture thing here that is just too much of a barrier to myself…beyond the language communication issues (which is the least of the problems really), there are the immaturity and weirdness factors I just couldn’t get over.

Speak for yourself, some of us haven’t had any of those problems and there are plenty of mature girls here that don’t speak or behave like they’re 10…