Hot pot appliance for home

Damn, I’d eat that. :yum:

These are the types that make corona virus a problem :woozy_face:

I got a Phillips hot plate, it is quite good. Can take any kind of pot, ceramic, glass, iron, etc. Bit over 3000 NTD I think.

For a one person hot pot they sell this cute two or three cup “mini rice cookers”. I use that to make eggs, to steam buns or dumplings and occasional hot pot. It is less than a 1000 NTD in most websites.

You can buy the pre prepared broth say from Japan at PX Mart (about 100 NTD) though most Taiwanese use plain chicken broth, and then get the accouterments from veggie section, as some like PX Mart to City Super sell a pre selected plate of various goodies. I complement with an assorted mushroom box from the organic store, great stuff. Meat is your choice too.

Is that the one with the little handle grips on the side. I bought one 5 years ago and just broke it. Was 2700 then and now i think was 3100. Nice little hotpot, pretty sturdy and not induction! I hate those things as i try to cook in glass or ceramic when possible. Worth while investment. The first one i bought wasnt even made in enemy territory. The new one need to check…the wife replaced it worried it might be commy machinery now.

I was talking about two things: one is a Philips hotplate, the other a mini electric pot. Hotplate was 3000 something, very sturdy, but not overly heavy. Mini pot is 800 to 1000 more or less, very cute.

Is there Philips hotplate that you are referring to Induction like in this video … ?

More or less. The one I have takes any kind of pot or pan. Timer. Safety features. Warm up in a flash

1 Like

This is the model we have. Works well. And thanks for the reminder… just hid it further back in the pantry so wife won’t be reminded. Why do people eat hot pot at home when there are so many more efficient and less watery ways to dine? Going to try Korean fried chicken tonight.