Hotels that accept quarantiners

Can you quarantine in any Taipei hotel or must it be on the approved list? All the hotels on the approved list are wildly overpriced. If not, which cities are allowing quarantine in any hotel? Ideally I’d like to book on booking.com and pay when I arrive, with the option to cancel for free 24 hours prior if I change my plans.

1 Like

If you’re going to stay in a hotel as opposed to a home that you rent, you MUST quarantine in an approved quarantine hotel. This applies regardless of the city.

You cannot book a room in a non-quarantine hotel in any city. Hotels will ask about your travel history and check your passport.

Yes, quarantine hotels are pricey but the cost of breaking the rules and causing an outbreak is far, far greater. In addition to fines and public scorn, people who violate the rules jeopardize the lives of others and threaten the coronavirus-free environment that millions of people in Taiwan are blessed to enjoy.

1 Like

Quarantine hotels must fulfill certain requirements such as no carpet, individual air conditioning for each room, special training for the employees, compliance with quarantine protocol (such as trash collection, room disinfection, …), …

If you just book “any” hotel, they might probably not be able to fulfil most of these requirements.

Can anyone help or provide information with hotels that have room? I’m arriving mid dec and have flights and everything booked, but all the hotels listed are fully booked…

Anyone know how I can stay at the government quarentine facility? I don’t mind slumming it in a plastic box for a couple weeks with no internet.

Hi @radiojams,

As mentioned by others earlier in this topic, I also booked via https://stay.ownrides.com/en and I was very happy with the customer service and the overall process. I can see that several options are still available according to their website.

1 Like

In Taipei there are some hotels in the list that still have available rooms for Mid Dec

https://english.gov.taipei/News_Content.aspx?n=A0EDC3930FBE7EFC&sms=5B794C46F3CDE718&s=6CBBBD4737D9391D

for example this one

1 Like

Hi all, quick question -
I am traveling to the US and am not totally clear on the SOP for quarantining when I come back to Taiwan. Thanks for any input. Some questions I want to double-check since I can’t find a clear answer to some of these.

1. Can I quarantine at an Airbnb? (Based on other threads here, looks like no.)
  2. Can I quarantine in my home? (Shared bathroom, so looks like no.)
  3. Can I quarantine at a short-term rental/friend’s place? (From what I’ve read it looks like yes, but I’m unclear how this is legally different than Airbnb.)
  4. If I want to quarantine at a hotel, do I need to set it up before I get to Taiwan or can I just decide at the airport?
  1. No
  2. No
  3. Make sure food delivery does not require you to get out of the place.
  4. Set it up ASAP as best places are taken quickly and what is left is too expensive/horrid.

Consider options outside of Taipei.

If not traveling alone, check if you are allowed in the same place. In theory, each person should have their own bathroom.

1 Like

Hello, I am currently in a 2 week quarantine hotel. I have tried searching where I can stay for the 7 day self-health management and we don’t have friends or family who can host us. All regular hotels are not allowing us to stay for those 7 days either.

Where are some options?

Have you tried Airbnb? If you have completed your two week quarantine I don’t think you are required to tell them that you have recently returned from abroad. I would call 1922 and check anyway.

I second airbnb. Some may ask if doing self management. They then may either refuse or request additional for deep cleaning before and after.

If hotel, I don’t think you need to tell them you are self health management either

Every hotel I’ve stayed at for the past 6 months or so has asked me if I’m in the 7 day self health management, and has had a big sign at reception saying that people in self health management are not allowed to stay.

1 Like

I think already as a matter of courtesy you should tell the hotel.

And in the hopefully unlikely event that you do not believe in courtesy, telling them up front also prevents you from being kicked out of the hotel when they find out later