Hotline to report illegal teaching

vengeance-a-love-story

3 Likes

Depends on the contract.

They can fire you for listening to Wu Bai, if it’s in the contract.

Whether someone is qualified is not the question. Whether someone has the correct work permit (i.e. the employer has a work permit in the person’s name with the correct address and so on) is the question. You can be the most qualified teacher in the world, and you’ll still be illegal without that WP, unless you have an exemption (e.g. you’re a foreign spouse).

You don’t need to prove anything, because it’s not a case of you vs. your former employer. If the authorities wish to investigate, they will. If the person is caught working without the correct WP (or exemption), the maximum penalty is deportation plus a fine (something like $150k iirc) plus being banned for a few years. The employer is also supposed to be punished.

Btw there is no “yeah we applied for the permit already, just wait a few more days” exemption. It’s common but illegal.

If you do want to challenge your termination, that’s a separate matter, and the teacher who replaced you is neither here nor there.

1 Like

Or your nickname was too Nazi?

Correction: Sorry @Heidrich, I’m stupid. I don’t know my Nazis well enough. I was thinking Heydrich. So unless your spelling sucks, I’d like to apologize.

I dunno, Ms. Heidrich seems like a dedicated athlete, but I think it would be excessive to call her a Nazi.

This thread is getting stupider by the hour.

Well, we’ll try to put together a higher-quality thread for you next time.

1 Like

Buxiban teaching jobs are plenty for a foreigner here. Don’t be a snitch.

1 Like

Wrong. That person will think you’re an asshole.

1 Like

I would hope so.

@slawa when I see Nick Cage I don’t think “VENGEANCE.” I think “DEBT.”

I think they shall not reveal who reported.

It probably wouldn’t be too hard to work out.

1 Like

to be qualified cannot include to have a work permit/right?

I thought having a degree and right passport is a qualification to get a work permit to teach, and having a work permit is a qualification to teach.

1 Like

If you have a bachelor’s degree from English speaking countries/passports you are qualified enough to teach, especially if you’re teaching at a buxiban. I’ve witnessed teachers being replaced left and right for various reasons, and you are the type of teacher that has tendencies to be let go or avoided for this exact reason.

Be a snitch and you’ll be snitched in the future. Perhaps take this chance to reflect on how you approach teaching and find a school that will match you, and actually, appreciate the fact that you are being paid?

There is a reason certain teachers stick to one school, and certain teachers jump around. I’d suggest you look at the reason why this has happened to you and I’ll leave it at that.

3 Likes

yeah you got to be careful on the hourly pay thing my ex box asked me to replace a few of the highest paid teachers as he had lost money on the stock market. I refused and said he has to let them finish their contracts then it’s up to him but I wasn’t going along with it. I told him be honest and just tell them 2 months before the contract expires that he can’t afford it if they want to renew , and ask if they’ll continue.

funny i just had me a dream bout german frauleins last night

1 Like

If you use qualification in the broad sense, having a work permit or not needing a work permit is itself a qualification. In the narrow (or at least not so broad) sense, it refers to your education, experience, and so on.

Pro tip: never work for a box who plays the stock market. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like