How am I supposed to leave?

Yes. Don’t overstay without letting them know. If you have a real and verifiable problem, they will work with you to find a solution.

4 Likes

What airline did you book with?

Call up Eva Air. If not, go yourself into their office. There’s one in Taipei and in most major cities. They are flying “regularly” (like 3 times a week). Planes like 1/4 to 1/5 full. So, even if they do some “social distancing”, there is plenty of seats available in economy.

5 Likes

welcome back @TokyoJimu.
how’s the weather and virus up there?

1 Like

looks like all the airlines are letting you book the flight, and then canceling a couple of weeks later…guess I’ll just have to wait it out lol

Most on the planet are waiting this pandemic out. Hope it’ll go away fast! Vaccines and medicines are way off.

Eva, China Airlines, JAL, and Cathay are flying into the US each day - the latter generally to the west coast and the latter pair to the east coast but I’ve known a handful of people who have flown between countries in the last few weeks.

3 Likes

okay I’ll check one of those out thanks

Best to hurry if you want to fly as some airlines are now requiring negative test result five days before boarding.

:open_mouth:

Before booking a flight go to your destination’s airport website. Find the page for scheduled departures and arrivals. Get a feel for which airlines are still flying, and which routes are operating. Then you can book with some confidence.

the problem is the airlines are still showing and letting me buy flights that aren’t happening

1 Like

Be ready to checkin within seven days so that you can book fast and fly.

Why I’m staying put for now as it’s too inconvenient to fly.

Also remember when you fly you may be infected.

That’s why you look at the airport’s website, not the airline’s. You can see which flights actually arrive.

I got caught out booking flights earlier this year. Specifically 3 flights (12 tickets) were cancelled. I still haven’t received refunds for them.

1 Like

Bummer! I’ve been lucky as my One World airlines of choice—Cathay Pacific and Japan Airlines—promptly provided refunds as I’ve also had to cancel flights (with me of course watching the terms for refunds posted by these two airlines).

Guy

China Airlines (Taiwan) isn’t providing refunds for the flights they cancelled, they offered travel vouchers for all they’re worth. I said no thanks to that deal.

1 Like

So what did you eventually receive?

Guy

Nothing. Still waiting. The bookings were in March.

1 Like

All the airlines are trying this trick. In many cases counties are siding with them and that should be and likely is illegal. You didn’t fulfill your end of the bargain as an airline, so refund me. It’s fraud imo when airlines refuse a refund.

I don’t know if the company will be around in 2 years to use their voucher.

2 Likes

My credit card provider said the gov is preventing them from reversing the transaction.