How am I supposed to leave?

Taiwanese credit card or foreign?

Foreign.

Their exact words were: "Transactions involving cancellations and government restrictions due to COVID-19, do not have valid dispute rights.

For these transactions please contact the merchant directly to resolve your dispute.

We regret that we are unable to offer you a satisfactory resolution through the chargeback process."

Why not try EVA or China Airlines? Instead of USA based airlines, which I think only United flies to Taiwan?

lol there are no international cruises to / from taiwan right now. You can take one of those cruises to a taiwanese offshore island but that doesnt solve anything :stuck_out_tongue:

China-Airlines, Vietnam Airlines, and Delta Air Lines all seem to be flying (probably all the same aircraft).

https://www.taoyuan-airport.com/main_en/flight_depart.aspx?uid=444&pid=419

Are there boats to Okinawa from Taipei? From there you may be able to get a connecting flight to Tokyo then to USA?

I dont think so. but of course one can check

That’s a China Airlines operated flight (aka China Airlines metal) with code-share tickets sold through Vietnam Airlines and Delta.

Guy

1 Like

Regarding this problem: my friend went to EVA and told them, look, I cannot book this flight to leave in August because your partner airline is grounded until September. Here is the news piece. Why is your system allowed to book this segment? The EVA people first said, no, it has to be OK, then scrambled asking everyone in the office to finally reach the conclusion that yes, they should not be booking that segment. :wall:

1 Like

hmm interesting, might have to go with china airlines

finally got a ticket out, peace Taiwan

3 Likes

Fantastic! Which airline did you select?

Guy