How Amateur Sleuths Broke the Wuhan Lab Story and Embarrassed the Media

Yes, that is the theory, the proposition I just made is everyone is scared shitless of them. If you recall Chuck Schumer at the beginning of trumps term astonished Trump would question them because they have six ways till Sunday to get back at you.

Of course what you say is how it should be, oversight from Congress, answer to the President and courts charge and hold those in the intelligence community to account, except that’s not the way round it seems to be working.

Enough on that subject, the proposition wasn’t made without considerable thought and consideration though.

I don’t think so. This kind of opinion expressing a deep trust in government intelligence, even to the point of suggesting that they should not be criticized, is pretty new IMO.

Nah let people say what they want. On the other hand we don’t really want our intelligence services blabbing away, as long as they are simply informing the government and allowing the government to act on it or publicize things as they see fit, that’s fine.

I agree totally with the sentiment. Perhaps you’ve missed the past decade of news in America. People have been silence here too. From the bottom of the pile to the top.

I think it’s more the opposite, the blanket distrust and dismissal of experts, and legitimizing of non-expert takes, is the new thing.

Sure, it’s free speech.

Then when you undermine institutions, you end up with no problems.

Like in countries where large swaths of people distrust medical professionals and refuse vaccinations. So everyone gets to stay locked in longer. Neato.

Or in places where journalism is derided. Until one day you could really use them to check and expose power, and they’re not there, and you get a knock at the door…also cool.

Pretty much sums up the attitude of the bubbly, arrogant, no consequences, loudmouth internet era I’m referring to.

Or hire intelligence operatives as talking heads…straight from the horse’s mouth, so to speak.

1 Like

Who’s that? My Google search says “formal wear” lol. I’m not too up on talking heads

2 Likes

Meanwhile…Tsai appointed Chen Chu as head of the Control Yuan. Hmm…conflict of interest…and even thought about getting rid of the Examination and Control Yuan…two of the five pillars of government.

James “The Clap” Clapper.

1 Like

Depends what you mean by new.

I read that in 2017 or so.

1 Like

He gives it to everyone!

It’s probably worth adding “agencies” to the end of that sentence, as I initially misinterpreted it and wanted to ask whether you’d been in a coma the last few years… :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Uhm, yes. That is what I posted.

???

Posting the ratings.

Ah…gotcha

1 Like

Just posting this in here so we have it for the record.

NIAID EMAIL UPDATE:

In FY19, the NIAID, led by one Dr. Fauci, sent the EcoHealth Alliance and Peter Daszak $3.64M dollars. Under that grant, $750k went directly to the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

GAME OVER.

Link: https://t.co/WZV0MBeQ0g (on page 57) pic.twitter.com/eMbCfbR20b

— L 🤺 (@LHatesYouALot) June 6, 2021
1 Like

Now, no one is suggesting that the NIH and NIAID were wrong to support coronavirus research. This grew out of increased awareness of the possibility of zoonotic viruses crossing into human populations, and led to increased surveillance of wild animal viruses, including flu variants and the coronaviruses, following the SARS and the MERS incidents. So that research was warranted, necessary, and welcome on public health grounds.

What was not warranted was the direction this took in the Chinese lab set up for this purpose at Wuhan. it appears taht it was also the home of military research, and unrecorded ‘civil’ work on pushing those bat viruses into somethinng that they should never have become.

after that, whether it was a ‘leak’ on accident or on purpose is only ever going to be speculation from here on, owing to the fabulous cover-up from a dictatorial Chinese state machine. It is so easy to ‘disappear’ people and information and history when you have the kind of power they have.

2 Likes

Pretty much this. Going forward, goes without saying that even if intentions are good, you can’t trust anything out of China, because CCP potentially has it’s tentacles in anything you touch, science, technology, business, it doesn’t matter.

Sure. But the establishment will continue to feed China. I don’t see anything changing. Big business, finance, tech - it’s gonna remain or grow. No one’s boycotting them.

You have to hand it to them - they’ve built a web for decades to come. There’s no way you can jump out easily unless you’re willing to suffer a decade of pain with regards to establishing new supply chains, new cheap labor, etc.

1 Like