How Amateur Sleuths Broke the Wuhan Lab Story and Embarrassed the Media

I wish this guy would have gotten a f@ck of a lot more attention a year ago.

1 Like

Laowhy86 presented credible evidence over a year ago that the virus escaped from the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

1 Like

Have you read the thread? :rofl:

Guy

1 Like

Really good read! I didnā€™t know about this collective group of researchers on Twitter. I remember back in the very early days of the pandemic people were posting here about cases before the wet market outbreak and how the Wuhan Institute of Virology was known to be studying coronaviruses. (I might go back and comb through the early messages for posterity, but Iā€™m not sure if I want to reread 10,000 messages.) Thereā€™s a lot to be said about collective intelligence, especially when dealing with somewhere as opaque and untrustworthy as the Chinese government. Given that people here were posting about this (mainly @Icon with her incredible predictions) in the fall of 2019, I wonder how many other places on the internet were talking about similar things before it got into the mainstream.

Personally I always thought the lab leak theory was likely, but Iā€™ve never considered the man-made origin theory to be anything more than a thought experiment / fun thing to talk about.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great article. But a couple of notes.

And the mainstream media, in an astonishing about-face, is treating the possibility with deadly seriousness.

Not becoming so astonishing anymore, the media are doing ā€œabout-faceā€ on major stories they got wrong seems to becoming the norm.

Throughout the pandemic, about two dozen or so correspondents, many anonymous, working independently from many different countries, have uncovered obscure documents, pieced together the information, and explained it all in long threads on Twitter

Wow, they managed to escape banishment from Twitter for wrongthink.

The Seeker posted Deiginā€™s theory on Reddit, which promptly suspended his account permanently.

But not reddit who promptly banned him. :joy:

And it still perplexes me that even with all their resources, the corporate investigative media is lagging terribly.

:joy: :joy: It perplexes him, oh the innocence. No one looked into it from the media because it didnā€™t fit their narrative of orange man bad.

6 Likes

Good read.

Suddenly Xiā€™s recent decision that the CCP needs to make an effort to seem more cuddly makes a lot of sense; he sees the writing on the wall that despite their best efforts at covering up complicity the world is about to come to the same conclusion. The CCP is responsible for the COVID outbreak.

Given how much territorial aggression, hostage trade/lending/IP practices, human rights issues, wolf warrior diplomacy, interference in other countries (such as with the Confucius Institutes), it seems that they have squandered most soft power and good will and should be desperate to reframe the narrative as quickly as possible.

The CCP will have to hope they can keep this information from their own people, because this is arguably worse than Tiannanmen

9 Likes

Icon did not predict anything. As I explained before, I read the article in 2018 and followed up. It was coming!

1 Like

Looking likely that it is a lab leak.

I wonder what Beijing Bidenā€™s response will be. My guess is heā€™ll sweep it under the carpet and not actually do anything.

Just like the rest of the world, unfortunately. China basically covered up a global pandemic, and the rest of the world will let them get away with itā€”the big businesses will continue to pander to China, governments will suck up with them, third world dives will hold out their hands for the belt and road initiative which is the modern-day equivalent of Danegeld, celebrities like John Cena and LeBron will continue to proclaim they love China to make sure they can still earn the China dollars, and President Pooh will grin and continue to send Uyghurs to concentration camps knowing that since the world let him get away with unleashing a pandemic, they wonā€™t give a toss about a bunch of Muslims in the arse end of nowhere.

2 Likes

Iā€™m tellinā€™ you guys, ā€œNurembergā€ level International Military Tribunals are on the horizon for the Chinese Communist Partyā€¦ it just takes a long time for the world to prepare. Even in WWII it took 3.5 years just for Allies to come together and put forth a statement against Nazi Germany with the ā€œDeclaration of Atrocitiesā€.

China is facing at least 5 counts of Acts of War:

Wuhan Lab Leak and/or Coronavirus Coverup - If intentional, its an act of war. If not intentional, the massive coverup which has led to 3.5 million deaths is the act of war.

Uighur Genocide - Everything from destruction of places of worship, re-writing texts, forbidding pilgrimage, to sterilization, torture, live organ harvesting, brainwashing, force labor, and even selling of human hair and turning it into a billion dollar business.

Deployment of CCP worldwide to gather PPE and Facemasks - Robbing the world of resources that could have been used to protect frontline workers and citizens in the early days of the outbreak

Illegal 3 month Massive Production Embargo - Directly following Phase 1 Deal signing, China failed to warn the world that major Factories and Supply chains would be shut down for 3 months, sending shockwaves through supplies which we still feel the effects of to this day. China committed an Act of War by illegal embargo of production without consultation.

Hong Kong Crackdown - Egregious Violation of the Hong Kong handover agreement ā€“ the UK is fully within its right to enter Hong Kong with military force for Chinas violent crackdown of protests, arrest of journalists, and oppression set forth in the new misnomer ā€œNational Security Lawā€.

3 Likes

Itā€™s an easy puzzle. Moijang mineā€¦ Mojang Studios. Maker of Minecraft, bought by MSā€¦ MS run by Bill Gates, who obviously designed the virus to reduce the population, all the while covering his tracks with his humanitarian work.

Where do I accept my Novel Prize?

4 Likes

Everybody and his pony is saying they were the guys pushing the lab leak theoryā€¦There were a dozen posters on this board including myself talking about it since last Feb!
Thereā€™s always been a lot of circumstantial evidence pointing to it. You donā€™t need aspergers to figure it out itā€™s fairly fecking obvious what COULD have happened .

Even serpentza and laowhy did a YouTube episode on it way back with local Chinese documents. There was some stuff going around in HK and China on weibo before they censored everything and deleted lots of webpages and documents. The Chinese were ordering sequencing labs in China to destroy all the early samples right at the very start and not publish dataā€¦That can tell you a lot.

9 Likes

You do realize that Nuremberg style trials are exceptionally rare in the modern period and also completely tied to victors going into a defeated territory and setting up a new order (in the case of the Germanies, two new orders) of government?

Itā€™s ridiculous to believe that Allied powers are going to march into Beijing and reorder China. Sorry!

Guy

4 Likes

I agree itā€™s ridiculous to believe that. But then again, if you told me weā€™d be wearing facemasks for over a year, outdoors, because of an airborne virus that has killed 3.5 million people all over the world, Iā€™d have said thatā€™s ridiculous too! :laughing:

3 Likes

Iā€™m astonished that this is news. The CCP and their lickspittle WHO poodles said it didnt come from the lab. Therefore, it came from the lab.

7 Likes

Exactly and my understanding is that Peter Daszak was also part of the WHO investigating team.

3 Likes

Exactly. It could. I didnā€™t lean towards that option even if I knew it was an option because the scientific community was more inclined to support the other one. For me the takeover then and now was and is that China was hiding information, making things disappear, and that the Western media totally bought the woke/progressive/white-guilt/PCB argument of anything fingerpointing China was xenophobic, ultra right wing, trumpist, crazy, racist. For fucks sake, we even put the focus on the virus name because it was sooooo racist! lol. Thatā€™s what mainstream media, pushed by some political agenda, was worried about: not to insult ā€œminoritiesā€ xD

Now we sadly now that this attitude of the mainstream media of calling racist, bigots, xenophobic, fascist, paranoidā€¦ etcā€¦ was also affecting the scientific community, which was also conditioned by some people in the business and withā€¦ some business to protect too.

Bottom line: it is important to know whether it came or not from the lab, but it is probably more important not to be oblivious to how PC bullshit conditions the story and how it censors people because, you know, they are racist/xenophobic/ultra right wing/etc.

6 Likes

They didnā€™t buy into anything, if you think they totally bought something you are not paying attention.

As others have pointed out, it was always a possibility, everybody following realized that, the media are not stupid they knew that too. They just didnā€™t want their audience to know it was a possibility, so they didnā€™t look into it.

Itā€™s what they do, check out this clip when Liz Harrington asks Christiane Amanpour why they donā€™t cover Hunters laptop, prompted at 2 min mark. Look at her face at the end, she knows she is busted, she gave the game away, they donā€™t look into stories that have an adverse narrative to the one they want to push on their audience.

1 Like

Man, accounts and channels were closed in different social media. Traditional media put a lot of effort on debunking and labeling supporters as crazies and extreme ultra right wing nazis.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad youā€™re noticing. Wonā€™t be long I suspect before we see another one.

One thing thatā€™s surprising is that they were able to accomplish something quite extraordinary by more or less ordinary means (by ordinary, I mean without any kind of hacking, as far as I could tell from the article). Itā€™s analogous to ā€œUsing ordinary household items, we were able to create nuclear fusion,ā€ lol. And the other surprising thing is that it was out in the open on Twitter, and Twitter didnā€™t seem to have a problem with it. Maybe their tweets were so dense with technical terms that the Twitter folks who monitor the site didnā€™t know what was going on. :slight_smile:

2 Likes