How Amateur Sleuths Broke the Wuhan Lab Story and Embarrassed the Media

Yes, and yes. I’ll bet anything there were people shouting at them “YOU’RE NOT EXPERTS WHAT ARE YOU DOING”. If everyone listened to that all the time, we’d be stuck permanently at conventional wisdom with whatever biases were thrown in the mix. How about letting people share their expert or non-expert opinions, evaluate and criticize them as necessary, and not try to shut them down. That has worked very well for a long time. If anything good has come out of this, it surely is that the stupidity and utter impracticality of the shutdown mentality has been clearly exposed. What’s also clear is that it was entirely mixed up with politics as you can see mentioned again and again in the mea culpas coming out.

6 Likes

So I can’t help but wonder about Shi Zhegli’s safety. Had she been disappeared yet?

5 Likes

No, she has sufficiently toed the party line it would seem. I think she just spoke out against lab leak arguments recently if I remember right from the articles. Something about “conspiracy theories”

1 Like

I guess she can never leave China again and is going to be heavily monitored .

3 Likes

Check this out.

https://redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2021/06/04/exclusive-high-ranking-chinese-defector-has-direct-knowledge-of-several-chinese-special-weapons-programs-n391238

2 Likes

Just more derpstate rabbithole narrative nonsense, ‘trust no one’ tripe, as I’ve been pointing out.

I’ll wait for US intel to check in.

RedState’s sources say that’s partially true. FBI Director Christopher Wray was “ambushed” with the information, they say, and Langley was also unaware. Sources say DIA leadership kept the defector within their Clandestine Services network to prevent Langley and the State Department from accessing the person, whose existence was kept from other agencies because DIA leadership believes there are Chinese spies or sources inside the FBI, CIA, and several other federal agencies.

Which clearly makes this political. Not sure what point you are trying to make by saying this should not be a political issue.

I’m calling bullshit on that site, with a baked in political agenda. Not hard to see the extra effort either.

Again, I’ll respect what US intel has to say. You can pretend redstate has uncovered chinese spies in the derp state if you like.

Not sure what you are talking about… i’ll take a guess you are moaning about trump again.

Well, you’re wrong. I’m not sure quite where you’ve lost the plot here, do you know what “mea culpa” means?

3 Likes

Your naivete is almost charming. :laughing:

2 Likes

What’s naive about believing US intel? Relative to you, I mean? :rofl:

Let’s have it, spell out the conspiracy theory. All ears. :ear: :ear:

One of their main specialties is lying to Congress and the American public. This is not rocket surgery.

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2013/07/02/national-intelligence-director-apologizes-for-lying-to-congress

Even worse than trusting U.S. intel to tell the truth, though, is calling everything that doesn’t fit your narrative a conspiracy theory. Not a very good way to get an accurate grasp of what’s going on in the world.

1 Like

lol. The US intel has been asleep since 1999.

Anyways, the US set the tone on not prosecuting high level officials in past decades - whether it was 2008 financial crisis, 2001 financial scams, etc. 1 or 2 people here and there being prosecuted don’t count towards improving the system. Hence I don’t think they’ll ever prosecute the likes of Draszak, if he indeed is found guilty.

3 Likes

Oh, but it is. You should realize that US intelligence is vast in numbers and complexity, and cannot be undermined so easily by individuals. For example, even if the head of an agency holds an agenda, they have a very limited ability to push that agenda on the people around them, and under them.

I’d worry a little more about the CCP and a little less about an intelligence agency of a democratic country that’s the best in the world at what they do. Especially the same one being the main ally of countries like TW. Just me.

Or maybe you want to outsource to Botswana’s intel agency for a bit, who knows. :thinking:

Wow, I suggest you do a little reading. This would be a good place to start.

1 Like

you have to have a good radar, look for the patterns; too much reading can get in the way of having the right emojis :brain:

3 Likes

You should go back and look at what I had to say about cherrypicking large groups of experts to blanket discredit them.

I personally think it’s a tired and facile exercise, but you’re free to pick your sides…or no side at all. :brain:

This discussion would produce way less disagreement if instead of “How Amateur Sleuths Broke the Wuhan Lab Story” it was “Hot Amateur Sluts Broke into Wuhan Lab Story”.

1 Like

Yes, yes. All one needs to do is break out the tiny brain emoji and trust the intelligence agencies!