How bad can it be if the number of countries that ROC/Taiwan has official diplomatic relations with is exactly ZERO?

Yes I would voluntary if I’m not too old over 40s or something. And I do have an legal obligation until 36. I doubt the end result of this would be war though. I can’t see China wanting to put their economy through war time.

Why not? It’s a good thing to blame a failing economy on, and also good propaganda to unite the people to rebuild it afterwards.

1 Like

That escalated quickly! : P

Guy

1 Like

Uncertainty of war. The CCP has to be losing control if they consider war as their best option. And how do you think they’ll feel when their only sons come home in body bags? Because they will lose a lot invading an island.

There will never be a war over Taiwan. Otherwise they lose their victim card. Why do you need a war if half the population already willing to hand over everything as it is?

A full on war with milatary and bombs would have the reverse effect anyway. It would just push them further away from their goal.

The relationship with Haiti was in the news not long ago, something like “everything is fine…” :whistle:

1 Like

The relationship with Haiti is propped up with US support, I think it’s a way of trying to stop Chinese influence in the Americas.

Interesting point, I don’t think the US would like a Chinese base there too much.

It could be 1962 all over again

1 Like

Say what?!

Guy

Not that one,

This one,

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-u5WLJ9Yk4

Now this is getting annoying. Just as China has a cash shortage, it prefers throwing it at corrupt regimes. Go ahead, add more wood to your own funeral pyre, not ours.

EDIT:
seems one more is gone, aside from Solomon, will confirm

Could Taiwan create some countries and put them in the UN?

The Kingdom of the Pescadores?
The Independent Republic of Sanchung?

Kinmenistan?

4 Likes

If we had any land we could give to Hong Kong people, we might.

How about Spratly?

Spratly is literally a can of worms…

1 Like

I don’t know how that is possible since Taiwan is apart of China. /s

Exactly! I hope it stays that way. : D

Guy

“A part of” or “apart from”…kind of a big difference…

1 Like

Yea…I guess autocorrect can’t be blamed for that. :wink: