How can I get a refund from a dodgy travel agent in Hsinchu?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Why so much π–—π–Šπ–•π–—π–Šπ–˜π–˜π–Žπ–”π–“? :dvd:

Best answer in the thread.

What? Pay for the food? Never!

Already left a 1 star Yelp review.

Look into this guy’s travel agent license.

Yes…
His license…
:rofl:

It sounds like our Indian restaurateur is probably already in hock to the gaolidai, and likely has a mob of murderous Nigerians after him. I would consider him a serious flight risk at this point. If you’re going to try to get your money back from him, better do it soon.

Does he even have a license?

He claimed to have. I have no idea how to verify.

Thanks will try.

Do you live in hsinchu?

What if he doesn’t have anything in his bank account? Then he wont give me anything no matter what i do … :frowning:

No

Are you close?

Need to travel 2 hours to get there. I already have plans for my outgoing flight. I’m afraid I don’t have time to deal with him until I come back… :angry:

He has cash from his restaurant for sure.

It’s highly unlikely you see any of that money unless you go see him in person and cause enough problems.

What does your friend say? He’s the one who introduced you.

1 Like

Yes it is. @yyy ?

He took his flight even before me. He had gone to police station but they said it will take a lot of time to register a case. So friend asked them can he do it after coming back. They said yes.

http://jirs.judicial.gov.tw/FJUD/

2 Likes

And when they do something legally, any money he has will probably be drained by his legal fees. If you want the money, get it now in person in whatever way you can persuade him. Or you friend acts like a friend and give you the money for introducing a scammer to you for whatever reason.

1 Like

Thanks I will try to translate it and search his name in it when i get time.