How come you never hear of people getting arrested with small amounts of marijuana

I never hear about or see news about anyone locals or foreigners being arrested for possession of small amounts of marijuana or marijuana related substances.

I’m not talking about growing it or having a large amount I’m just talking about a small personal use amount.

Is it just not big enough for the news or do they not really enforce it or am I just missing it.

And by the way marijuana related paraphernalia smoking shops seem to flourish okay.

1 Like

I guess so. There are about 1000 people arrested for possession and 2000 people for usage every month. We don’t hear all of them.

5 Likes

There’s a lot of camping shops anyway.
I think there are other drugs that are more popular such as ketamine and synthetic cathinones and cannabinoids.

1 Like

Why did you make this thread when you already know the answer?

Same reason you don’t get minor fender benders in the news, only huge car wrecks with fatalities.

2 Likes

109年 1-9月警察機關查緝毒品概況

Maybe he was high ?

1 Like

Someone want’s to talk some deep shit!

Make a new news outlet 'Caught for Possession"! CFPNews

Anyone want’s to talk about the use’s of apostrophe’s?

5 Likes

It’s a Goddamn capostrophe I tell’s ya.

4 Likes

with my German keyboard now, it was so hard to get it there.
I wanted an apostrophe just as much as others want some hashish.

1 Like

Re: title topic. They probably don’t announce their arrest and/or jail term publicly.

I know an American man, an American woman, and a Canadian woman who were busted for possession- three separate incidents. The man was convicted, fined, and deported; the women were both given the option of leaving without being convicted. (It may have helped that both the women were young and pretty, apologized profusely, and cried and pretended to be scared.)

1 Like

We had a couple that spent some time being ‘reeducated’ in prison some years ago. And a guy from the US that wrote a blog about his experience in jail after he was caught bringing edibles.

1 Like

Party at Mike’s house.

4 Likes

Yup, Forumosans have spent time in jail for this.

Here is a thread on this:

3 Likes

ketamine is popular here? someone who isn’t me would definitely be interested in finding some of that. i would strongly discourage it of course, and discourage all illicit drug use.

that was an interesting read, thank you