How come you never hear of people getting arrested with small amounts of marijuana

This is why I consider foreigners who smoke cannabis in Taiwan pretty damn dumb.
Even ones I respect, when I heard they smoke it, my opinion of them honestly drops quite a lot.
And this is from someone who has enjoyed the green stuff on and off since a teenager.

1 Like

Because they trust the wrong local girls, or because they are polite and responsible about it and get away with a slap on the wrist?

Don’t bother.

i guess they don’t have erowid in taiwan?

either way that’s tragic.

that’s the equivalent of thinking one is getting lucy and double dosing on bromo-dragonfly

but as an amphetamine-analogue far more dangerous of course

Because look at the amount of shit it will cause if you get caught with even a small amount. You will get processed by the justice system and there’s a lot of unknowns and anxiety involved. The police may search your house. You may well lose your job. You will lose a lot of respect from your in-laws.
I’m talking about long term residents of Taiwan, not the short-termers.
Just have a drink or smoke a cigarette or cigar or something!!

2 Likes

(三)各級毒品及其品名查緝情形
1.106年第一級毒品(海洛因、嗎啡、古柯鹼等)計1萬3,905件及101.83公斤,件數較上
年減少86件(-0.61%),重量亦減少3.27公斤(-3.11%),其中查獲海洛因84.05公斤
(占第一級毒品82.54%)最多,較上年減少7.36公斤(-8.05%)。
2.106年第二級毒品(安非他命、搖頭丸、大麻等)計4萬2,501件及3,379.16公斤,較上
年分別增加3,404件(+8.71%)及2,117.78公斤(+167.89%),以查獲安非他命2,395.32
公斤(占第二級毒品70.88%)最多,較上年增加1,282.89公斤,增幅達1.2倍。
3.106年第三級毒品(K他命、FM2等)計2,048件及2,395.42公斤,較上年分別增加356
件(+21.04%)及1,165.24公斤(+94.72%),其中以查獲K他命1,678.25公斤(占第三
級毒品70.06%)最多,較上年增加748.15公斤(+80.44%)。
4.第四級毒品及其他,以毒品先驅原料為主,計61件及3,809.06公斤。

1 Like

thank you but i can’t read this

Google translate

GIMF you’re right. ketamine is level three apparently.

Next time someone asks if everything is quiet and closed and people are spending time with their family during Chinese New Year tell them this…

"Lunar New Year holiday, when many young people party and consume drugs "

Yes there’s the real world and the one that they like to imagine still exists.

It’s vile shit. Steer well clear.

Once I was in Chayi, and this bloke at the outdoor table I was sitting at openly rolled a joint and started smoking it. I ran a mile.

2 Likes

Opinion noted :+1:

I wonder where would be an outdoor table like this and what kind of bloke.

One of the only two pubs in town, I think. Actually, both that I went to had outdoor tables. This was about ten years ago, though. Things may be different.

Chaiyi, pubs, outdoor tables, years ago. There was (and is?) the pub behind the tracks, and June owned by Larry.

I wouldn’t know, mate. I was there about ten years ago to umpire cricket. I only briefly got out, due to exhaustion. Only visited two places. Have no idea what they were/are called or where they were. I just followed the cricket crowd.

Salaciousness catches more eyeballs than mundane stories. A guy smoking a joint behind a random building is just not as exciting as the same guy smoking a joint on the steps of a government building.