How did the ancients build these?

I don’t know how they built all these structures from the sumerians to Egyptians. But surely this wasn’t how?

https://youtu.be/qeS5lrmyD74

Spacecraft tractor beams seems more likely.

I hate sounding crazy. But for me thinking this is how they did it is insane. They didn’t even cut a whole block, a few inches in a few days. If youve ever visited some of these sites. The stones are huge, much larger than this block. And the cuts are very accurate. I don’t see how they can control the accuracy of the cut doing it this way going down an entire block. There has to be another way they did it.

I think they had great engineers obviously. They had hundreds or thousands of years to perfect the techniques.

I’ve been to the pyramids and they are very impressive .
But what blew me away was when I visited the Egyptian museum (which is a very very quirky and old dusty museum straight out of The Mummy but really cool) and I was in the mummy section. Specifically I was looking at the sarcophagi and the engraving on them. The hieroglyphics looked like they were cut out by a laser!
Kind of freaky.

I think we do underestimate people in ancient times. There are certainly knowledge lost from time we don’t even know how to recreate like Roman concrete.

You’ve seen it yourself, there are many other sites where incredible precision of stone cutting was done. But let’s say they were able to get the technique right, even with tools clearly not very good for it. The stacking of the stones are incredible. Modern cranes would have trouble stacking.

The secret to building these ancient structures is basic techniques, plenty of time, and hordes of slaves.

Nothing mysterious about it.

2 Likes

New evidence seems to point to the theory that slaves did not build them. Many Egyptologists have abandoned the slave workers theory.

Basic techniques that we don’t even know today? They must have advanced techniques not basic.

https://www.google.com.tw/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2010/jan/11/great-pyramid-tombs-slaves-egypt

1 Like

Exactly. If a couple of guys could make progress in a few days, how much could they have refined the techniques over time.

Pyramid building was something that went on for thousands of years. They started with more rudimentary forms and then built the great pyramids much later.

Which just proves that the aliens had a learning curve too.

2 Likes

Lots and lots of betelnut.

They cut through a few inches in a relatively small block compared to many of their structures, not just pyramids.

And there’s no evidence, not that it means it never existed. But it would seem there would be some evidences of large saws. The largest is only about 2 feet long. There’s no evidence of pully systems built.

Amazing what ancient civilizations achieved by volunteer labor.

There was no slave labor in Russian Gulags, nor the PRC either: just happy people all getting along together, and working to make the state great.

Yep they had a massive amount of labor available and years and years of time to figure out ways to maximize its utility. A couple of guys who scrapped a tool together we able to start cutting through a stone in just a few days, even if it was a small one. What could organized teams of engineers and laborers, a major focus of social effort, accomplish. No mystery really. These guys showed a plausible technique.

How did they build the pyramids?

1. From the top down.

2. Using wooly mammoths, like in that Michael Bay movie.

3. Poured concrete

4. They were originally going for more of a “skyscraper” shape

5. Giant octohedrons (think D8 dice), buried halfway in the sand

6. Advanced Negro science from Mother Africa

Oh, I give up. Help me finish!

EDIT: The website programming absolutely refuses to let me to a Letterman-style Top Ten countdown.

Humans are very good at wasting resources on pointless stuff. Take those statues on Easter Island, for example. A relatively small population cut down all its trees to get them to the coast.

1 Like

I’m still amazed the Taiwanese ancients managed to build Taipei 101 and create a building that seems to be 100% structurally sound. It’s a mystery wrapped in an enigma.

1 Like

It’s interesting how modern sensibilities about slavery rose hand in hand with the availability of machinery.

2 Likes

There is a theory that more and more people are talking about.
it will be related to lost civilization who ,may have been more advanced than us Today!
Civilization which have been whipped out by major event ( radical climate change, earthquakes, tsunami and more ( who knows).

As per today, let’s imagine major natural disaster strike, nature will take over in a couple of centuries, thousand of years.
In centuries everything go back to dust except those gigantic structures.
there are plenty of simulation on youtube explaining various scenarios which led to the same conclusions.
Knowledge get to disappear ( imagine a world where electricity is lost, technology is lost). The few pockets of human being will slowly and surely get back to a primitive time.
Some will want to leave a record of their time ( remember that paper will get to dust too)— so maybe some message in carvin stones etc…
Language will be lost too.

Of course all these are just theories BUT you can start looking into Graham Hancock who wrote a book called:
‘‘the fingerprints of the gods’’ ( with all his research etc…)
book that got him hated by scientist because he was going against the usual theories.
Whats super cool is that, 10 years after his book, he wrote: ‘‘the magician of the gods’’ — bringing more proof and having more and more scientist changing their mind.

if you dont like reading, you can always check him on various podcast:
he has been invited on joe rogan podcast maybe 3 or 4 times and that’s some serious and deep talks.
Actually, i get to buy and read the 2 books after i listened to the 2 first podcast.

ps: it is absolutely not limited to the egyptian but to the whole thing.
will not say more and let the enthusiastic check them out.
video below are in order from the oldest podcast to the latest one
enjoy

https://youtu.be/W7zfnNH1GD0

https://youtu.be/aDejwCGdUV8

https://youtu.be/0H5LCLljJho

https://youtu.be/tFlAFo78xoQ

Yet all these amazing civilizations managed to accomplish is things like cutting stone which has been shown can be done using simple tools and techniques. Anything unexplainable?